Four Rams to stand aside on Sunday?

Hornetto

5 minutes ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

It must be very sad been a Dewsbury when all youve to look forward to is hoping fev go bust, bless ya's??.

Lol

You don't have to bait the hook too much to reel one in ;)

If Bradford would have beat you in that last game..

You'd be the new Featherstone starting on minus 12

I'd rather have stability than a rollercoaster ride,game is insecure enough without laughing in the face of oblivion ...or streethouse

Whichever is nearest too you

;)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, coolie said:

Lol

You don't have to bait the hook too much to reel one in ;)

If Bradford would have beat you in that last game..

You'd be the new Featherstone starting on minus 12

I'd rather have stability than a rollercoaster ride,game is insecure enough without laughing in the face of oblivion ...or streethouse

Whichever is nearest too you

;)

Its a buisness old lad. In all walks of life you have to take risks, to achieve your goals, or you could just spend your life been a plodder. 

9 minutes ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

Its a buisness old lad. In all walks of life you have to take risks, to achieve your goals, or you could just spend your life been a plodder. 

Hmm. Tortoise and the Hare story springs to mind. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

22 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Hmm. Tortoise and the Hare story springs to mind. 

?? love all the victor meldrews on here. Sure you would all be gutted if Dewsbury spent some cash, you would all much rather come on here and moan, about no ambition, clueless coach, lack of quality players, dwindelling fan base. Give your heads a shake boys and get rid of the green eyed monster?.

12 hours ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

Yeah - we've been down that route during the euphoric last few years of Ned Kelly's reign. I do believe we were uncomfortably close to following Bramley out of the door. Part of me would love us to go down that route again, but it would probably be the last hoorah for us, so no, I'll stick. Plodders it is then. Mind, I'd gladly swap our feeder team for yours. ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

22 hours ago, Hornetto said:

No need to apologise - happy to clarify. Having watched an awful lot of NSW Cup in recent years, I'm pretty comfortable with the concept of 'partner clubs' and one of the few who think that a good DR relationship can benefit both parties. But the tone and the timing of this one made even my teeth itch a bit. See you at yours 5th March.

Agree with much of what you say, but I honestly don't think we have an option given our injuries. I would hope that the "take your pick" option is a one off to address the current problem with - I would prefer an arrangement where we have two or three promising youngsters on loan rather than first teamers just getting some game time.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

36 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

Yeah - we've been down that route during the euphoric last few years of Ned Kelly's reign. I do believe we were uncomfortably close to following Bramley out of the door. Part of me would love us to go down that route again, but it would probably be the last hoorah for us, so no, I'll stick. Plodders it is then. Mind, I'd gladly swap our feeder team for yours. ;)

Actually at my age I'd be happy with another couple of Neil Kelly type years. They were great.  

45 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

That would be a terrible move for us. We beat them with most there 1st team in other week?.

18 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

1. Original poster commented on Chester's quote which implied he decided who would play for Dewsbury.
2. I said I'd be disappointed if McDermott made comments like that re Leeds players playing for Fev (as I think any team's fans would about their DR partners).
3. You said he wouldn't actually say it , but "the actuality is no different". To me, that clearly suggested you thought only McDermott's media savvyness was preventing him from talking in the same terms as Chester.

If I've misinterpreted that, then by all means let me know. If I haven't, then let's have the evidence.

Yes, yes I concede. Featherstone is built upon the highest moral ground in Yorkshire. The club and all of its fans have never, in the history of the game, put the interests of their club above those of the RL family and constantly strive for the betterment of humankind as a whole.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

GM has made a statement on the Rams website regarding his position on DR .....he says that he picks the team and that we may have to use DR more than previously because of the size of our squad and injuries ......  seems reasonable to me!!

Indeed!!!

4 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

GM has made a statement on the Rams website regarding his position on DR .....he says that he picks the team and that we may have to use DR more than previously because of the size of our squad and injuries ......  seems reasonable to me!!

http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/article/51784/glenn-morrison-talks-about-dual

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 01/02/2017 at 8:07 PM, fev4evatiggerneva said:

It must be very sad been a Dewsbury when all youve to look forward to is hoping fev go bust, bless ya's??.

Coolie, Blindside Johnny and Piggys Mate have been prophecising Fevs demise for some seasons now. Mystic Megs of the Rugby league world.If and when it happens there'll be a right shindig over at Blues Ox,s house. 

Squad for Rochdale just announced.... 

So whats the final 17???

Jowett

Crookes

Caton Brown

Walshaw

Potts

Sykes

Kain

Fifita

Ward

Stringer

Spicer

Adamson

Brown

Hirst

Teanby

Speakman

Tonks/ Sheriffe

No place for Barnes and either Tonks or Sheriife (imo)

What do you think??    Are our injuries so extensive ( Hale Guzdek Morton Ollett Foster Luke Hemingway ) .... I thought the idea of a fitness coach was to prevent this!

I would still like to see Chris Ackroyd on loan from Wakey this year ....  more of a development loan than a pre season run out for the SL guys!! 

28 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

Squad for Rochdale just announced.... 

So whats the final 17???

Jowett

Crookes

Caton Brown

Walshaw

Potts

Sykes

Kain

Fifita

Ward

Stringer

Spicer

Adamson

Brown

Hirst

Teanby

Speakman

Tonks/ Sheriffe

No place for Barnes and either Tonks or Sheriife (imo)

What do you think??    Are our injuries so extensive ( Hale Guzdek Morton Ollett Foster Luke Hemingway ) .... I thought the idea of a fitness coach was to prevent this!

I would still like to see Chris Ackroyd on loan from Wakey this year ....  more of a development loan than a pre season run out for the SL guys!! 

Well if we don't win with a team like that there's somert wrong,plenty of quality & experience, optimistic of a victory :)

Kiss of death :(

Shame you missed out on the loan of four Rhinos one of which is a half back. It seems Bradford managed to sneak in before you!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I wanna know how fans will feel if the 2 teams who are bending the rule book over and slapping it's botty escape relegation at the expense of 2 teams who have run their club within the rules and within their means 

I will be a little pizzed shall we say...

3 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Shame you missed out on the loan of four Rhinos one of which is a half back. It seems Bradford managed to sneak in before you!

Tbh I don't think we'd have got a chance of getting any players from Rhino's,for some reason some clubs are bending over backwards to help the Bulls.

14 hours ago, coolie said:

I wanna know how fans will feel if the 2 teams who are bending the rule book over and slapping it's botty escape relegation at the expense of 2 teams who have run their club within the rules and within their means 

I will be a little pizzed shall we say...

It's either to the rules or not. It's case of doing what's needed to avoid CH1 by what ever needs you can. The club might not survive a drop into CH1.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

On 02/02/2017 at 8:59 PM, Phil Loxton said:

Coolie, Blindside Johnny and Piggys Mate have been prophecising Fevs demise for some seasons now. Mystic Megs of the Rugby league world.If and when it happens there'll be a right shindig over at Blues Ox,s house. 

Well we must be right one year Phil. You can only sail close to the wind for so long.

Archived