Four Rams to stand aside on Sunday?

Hornetto

This is interesting - could force some very late changes to Glenn Morrison's plans. Unfair on the lads who've put in a hard pre-season: can't see the DRs giving it everything for the cause the week before SL starts.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/wakefield-trinity/wakefield-trinity-trinity-pair-set-to-play-for-rams-on-dual-reg-1-8362179

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Hornetto said:

This is interesting - could force some very late changes to Glenn Morrison's plans. Unfair on the lads who've put in a hard pre-season: can't see the DRs giving it everything for the cause the week before SL starts.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/wakefield-trinity/wakefield-trinity-trinity-pair-set-to-play-for-rams-on-dual-reg-1-8362179

I take it your a Rochdale fan? Am i right in thinking that you are dual reg with Warrington again this year?

48 minutes ago, Hornetto said:

. Unfair on the lads who've put in a hard pre-season: can't see the DRs giving it everything for the cause the week before SL starts.

So is this worse or better than when Hornets left out hometown hero and longstanding servant to the club Wayne English to play Kevin Penny at full back last season? And I wonder what this did for Rochdale player morale when they read this in their daily paper last year...
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/othersport/662455/Warrington-Wolves-Rochdale-Hornets-Tom-Linehan-Super-League-News

The tone used by Chris Chester absolutely stinks -- It reads like he'll decide who WILL play for Dewsbury and then Morrison can decide on the rest of the team.

Is this really where we're at -- I was buying in to all the good things that seemed to be happening at Rams, but this is wrong -- How can we expect 100% from players who don't even know our set plays let alone actually WANT to play for the Rams ????

I'm watching the game I love, die before my eyes...............and, based on this, the club I love too. 

On the plus side...... Is Mason Caton whatever his name is, a winger ???? 

I specifically asked GM at the forum, last year, about this issue .... he said he would choose the Dewsbury team and DR would not be used as Chester is implying!!!  ... It is on record and I hope GM will be true to his word and use DR to cover injuries and shortcomings ....  not allowing DR to be used as a SL pre season run out for wakeys squad to build their match fitness!! 

Well you'll find out at 3pm on Sunday ;)

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

How do we know that GM and Chester haven't been in touch?

GM might have already rung after the Leigh match and said we are struggling. Can you help? and Chris Chester has said yes. Even I, the eternal cynic and pessimist am finding this trail annoying. 

This dual reg. rule is ridiculous.The championship will once again be a lottery for the genuine teams who will play their own players.It will be interesting to see if many Leeds players turn out for Featherstone this weekend.The whole thing makes a mockery of the Championship.Any coach who agrees to play these players instead of his own squad has no principles.I thought Glenn Morrison was a genuine guy,Sunday will see .As for Chester I would not think he will be at Wakey long anyway.

1 hour ago, fairfolly said:

This dual reg. rule is ridiculous.The championship will once again be a lottery for the genuine teams who will play their own players.It will be interesting to see if many Leeds players turn out for Featherstone this weekend.The whole thing makes a mockery of the Championship.Any coach who agrees to play these players instead of his own squad has no principles.I thought Glenn Morrison was a genuine guy,Sunday will see .As for Chester I would not think he will be at Wakey long anyway.

Hopefully none. Weve had a good pre season without them, and have enough quality to make top 4 without them, injurys permitting.Hopefully the quality young lads we have will get there chance this season. 

15 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

So is this worse or better than when Hornets left out hometown hero and longstanding servant to the club Wayne English to play Kevin Penny at full back last season? And I wonder what this did for Rochdale player morale when they read this in their daily paper last year...
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/othersport/662455/Warrington-Wolves-Rochdale-Hornets-Tom-Linehan-Super-League-News

Oh - we were absolutely livid - and he had a shocker. Clearly didn't want to be there. Tom Lineham came at a serendipitous time when we had three threequarteers out injured - and even then I went on the record saying that I disagreed with Tony Smith announcing a Hornets team selection (which he did). Similarly, I was just taken aback at the casual tone of Chris Chester ("oh, we'll just dual reg a couple of players" - insensitive at best. Whilst DR does divide people, we've only seen a couple of incidences - with both Saints and Warrington - where the SL club has tried to push players on us and it's usually not worked out well under those circumstances. Where it does work ok is when our coach can pull in cover if/when we have injuries etc and/or where you get the same player(s) for a steady stint (more like a loan then) . Also enables us to run on a smaller squad. Just the tone of this one - and it being the first game of the season - caught my attention.

See you guys on Sunday.

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

Just now, Hornetto said:

Oh - we were absolutely livid - and he had a shocker. Clearly didn't want to be there. Tom Lineham came at a serendipitous time when we had three threequarteers out injured - and even then I went on the record saying that I disagreed with Tony Smith announcing a Hornets team selection (which he did). Similarly, I was just taken aback at the casual tone of Chris Chester ("of, we'll just dual reg a couple of players" - insensitive at best. Whilst DR does divide people, we've only seen a couple of incidences - with both Saints and Warrington - where the SL club has tried to push players on us and it's usually not worked out well under those circumstances. Where it does work ok is when our coach can pull in cover if/when we have injuries etc and/or where you get the same player(s) for a steady stint (more like a loan then) . Also enables us to run on a smaller squad. Just the tone of this one - and it being the first game of the season - caught my attention.

See you guys on Sunday.

Ok, apologies, I read you wrong there. Yes, the tone of those comments was strange, I'm a Fev fan not Dews btw but I'd be disappointed if comments in that vein were made by Brian McDermott about DR players coming to us.

Just now, The Phantom Horseman said:

Ok, apologies, I read you wrong there. Yes, the tone of those comments was strange, I'm a Fev fan not Dews btw but I'd be disappointed if comments in that vein were made by Brian McDermott about DR players coming to us.

No need to apologise - happy to clarify. Having watched an awful lot of NSW Cup in recent years, I'm pretty comfortable with the concept of 'partner clubs' and one of the few who think that a good DR relationship can benefit both parties. But the tone and the timing of this one made even my teeth itch a bit. See you at yours 5th March.

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Yes, Brian McDermott is more media savvy than to say to the press what he is really thinking. The actuality is no different, however.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Beat me to it Johnny.I was thinking the same,Brian McDermott would not have ridiculed the Championship clubs in this way.This is of course if Chester actually said it in this way.However it is still up to Glen Morrison to refuse the offer and play his own players if indeed he has 17 fit players to pick.Stick to your principles Glen I say.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Yes, Brian McDermott is more media savvy than to say to the press what he is really thinking. The actuality is no different, however.

If you're suggesting that McDermott is telling Jon Sharp who he has to play in Fev's team, I'm interested to see your evidence, because I don't think many Fev fans think anythng like that has happened in our DR relationship with Leeds.

7 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

If you're suggesting that McDermott is telling Jon Sharp who he has to play in Fev's team, I'm interested to see your evidence, because I don't think many Fev fans think anythng like that has happened in our DR relationship with Leeds.

And many Americans think Noah's Ark was real.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Like I say - I'll assume a lack of any evidence is an admission that you haven't a clue and are completely bluffing.

Evidence, facts! Who needs em it might be fake news but if it says so on the Internet it must be true!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

Like I say - I'll assume a lack of any evidence is an admission that you haven't a clue and are completely bluffing.

Read the post PH, I referred to what BM might actually be thinking rather than what he said. Some Flatcappers are getting a bit sensitive at the moment - is there a reason for this?

Could it be because it's another -or-bust season!

20 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Read the post PH, I referred to what BM might actually be thinking rather than what he said. Some Flatcappers are getting a bit sensitive at the moment - is there a reason for this?

1. Original poster commented on Chester's quote which implied he decided who would play for Dewsbury.
2. I said I'd be disappointed if McDermott made comments like that re Leeds players playing for Fev (as I think any team's fans would about their DR partners).
3. You said he wouldn't actually say it , but "the actuality is no different". To me, that clearly suggested you thought only McDermott's media savvyness was preventing him from talking in the same terms as Chester.

If I've misinterpreted that, then by all means let me know. If I haven't, then let's have the evidence.

Archived