Fev

The Art of Hand and Foot

It's the 39th anniversary of my 21st birthday on Monday and part of my celebrations are a trip down memory lane. A group of us , who were regular home and awayers,  are getting together a going to Fev.  We've not been together as an away group for over 20 years.  Really looking forward to it. Just hope we can pull it out of the bag. Come on oldham.

21 hours ago, howardm1978 said:

Not been there for years, back in the day it was a horrible ground to visit.

Mind you that was when Oldham and Fev were neck and neck in the league back in 87/88 I would hope its changed a bit by now :) 

We've nothing to lose so come on Oldham...

Was still a notch up from the 'Sheddings though........ :tongue:

Hello Horseman,

No squad list from us only the one you have seen on the Fev board I'm afraid, no idea which DR lads are in tomorrow but there will be at least 1 as we have only 16 fit players at the moment. We used 2 DR lads last week and I would think off previous usage of DR we will be doing the same. 

As for the RFL site I tweeted the RFL last week to ask where the squads were, they replied with...thanks for pointing it out we will look into it. A week gone by and still the same situation. Very poor imho. 

Looking forward to the game tomorrow,decent setup over at PO road these days. Hope its a throwback to some of the titanic games between us in the late 80's. Looking at the weather forecast mine is saying 3 degrees with a real feel temp of -5 with snow flurries at 3pm lol, might be a few dropped balls if that's the case!

No live stream as is the norm for most if not all champ games Connor, might be on one of the radio stations ,Radio Leeds or suchlike.

Immense effort today from the Yeds, arguably the best away performance for a long time. Defence was outstanding. Unlucky in a swirling wind and sub zero temps we didn't get at least a draw with Leatherbarrows missed conversion. Fabulous performance against a side tipped for the top 4. Well done the Yeds. Proud of you all.

We could have won today but a draw was a fair result, Scotty will be kicking himself for missing that pen. Horrid conditions that didn't suit either team but kept the game close throughout.

I thought we were better in the first half and probably deserved another try whereas Fev definitely controlled the second. i think the thing that most impressed me as we've been in similar games like that in the past year and been blown away by the opposition power down the middle but we kept going throughout. Davies was absolutely outstanding for fev.

Individually Leatherbarrow was outstanding in the first half, kicking was superb but he dropped off a bit in the second. Wardy had a cracking game as did Joy and Turner. All worked hard and gave their all. 

Just got in from my first away game for a while. The weather was atrocious and thought we were unlucky to come away without any points. Even though we lost I'm feeling upbeat for the rest of the season. Thought we were just missing that one player with that one piece of brilliance who could unlock their tight defence. We were as fit and as big and determined  as them.  It was also my first game where I got in as a concession ☺. Right going now to have a whisky and thaw out.

Thanks Phil, tough game in horrible conditions today. Proper slog but a tight and pretty entertaining game none the less. No complaints at all, getting caught in possession on the 5th tackle leading up to your winning try was the game breaker for me. All in all a lot of positives for the Yeds today. Best of luck to Fev for the season, decent fans who wished us well.

Howard, personally my stand out was Tuoyo Egodo, ran himself to a standstill,took a couple of knocks but got up and had a belting game. Can't take anything away from any player today the effort and heart was well and truly on display, Turner had a solid game at fb, the pack as a whole were immense. Bodes well for the season,plus lots to come in terms of personnel. We lost but great to hear the positivity from players and fans alike after the game. We go again against a very strong London side next week, on today's performance we can certainly give them a game!

40 minutes ago, roughyed34 said:

Thanks Phil, tough game in horrible conditions today. Proper slog but a tight and pretty entertaining game none the less. No complaints at all, getting caught in possession on the 5th tackle leading up to your winning try was the game breaker for me. All in all a lot of positives for the Yeds today. Best of luck to Fev for the season, decent fans who wished us well.

Howard, personally my stand out was Tuoyo Egodo, ran himself to a standstill,took a couple of knocks but got up and had a belting game. Can't take anything away from any player today the effort and heart was well and truly on display, Turner had a solid game at fb, the pack as a whole were immense. Bodes well for the season,plus lots to come in terms of personnel. We lost but great to hear the positivity from players and fans alike after the game. We go again against a very strong London side next week, on today's performance we can certainly give them a game!

Its all good this certainly after the preseason performances. Its coming together with some good players to come back in...

Archived