Seems to be a pretty genuine fight. I'll pay for it with a few of the lads round. PPV is an odd thing I think, how they sold paying for something you used to get for nowt I'll never know.

I have a sneaky feeling that Klitschko will have one last hurrah. There is an expectation that the new kid will take over the mantle but Klitschko has all the experience in the world. 

6 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

don't think im gonna even bother with the latest over hyped up garbage on Saturday- where are all the proper boxers these days?

There is a young lad seeing his version of the golden days.  In twenty years time, he will miss the days when there were legends like Klitschko and Joshua.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

3 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

There is a young lad seeing his version of the golden days.  In twenty years time, he will miss the days when there were legends like Klitschko and Joshua.

I doubt that

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Going down to my local to watch the fight.I feel that AJ will have to finish it early for a victory as the longer the fight goes on Vlad's experience might come into play.About the over hyped garbage comment I wonder when Wembley stadium will next be full whilst rugby league is being played there.I love rugby league but if our sport is so wonderful then why are the attendances so dire?.

We've seen a lot of overhyped garbage in recent years, but Joshua v Klitschko has the promise of a very good contest. Some of the Tyson Fury fights belonged in a pub car park, and as for $onny Bill Judas Weasel, Audley Harrison, Danny Williams and a fair few more... It takes something pretty tawdry to demean the reputation of heavyweight boxing, given the last decade, but they managed it.

Joshua is still young, but he's quick and accurate, while Klitschko is very tough, has excellent technique (especially in defence) and all the experience Joshua lacks.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

Going down to my local to watch the fight.I feel that AJ will have to finish it early for a victory as the longer the fight goes on Vlad's experience might come into play.About the over hyped garbage comment I wonder when Wembley stadium will next be full whilst rugby league is being played there.I love rugby league but if our sport is so wonderful then why are the attendances so dire?.

70k for our two finals plus 40k for big England games is hardly dire.

35 minutes ago, Dave T said:

70k for our two finals plus 40k for big England games is hardly dire.

The last few challenge cup finals have seen large swathes of empty red seats.It seems to be on the slide a bit,I was down at Wembley a couple of seasons ago and the atmosphere was a little stagnant. Half filled stadia in superleague is a worry and as for the championship and league1 it is dire.I'm an Oldham fan so I know what a poor attendance looks like.I watched an England vs Exiles game at Huddersfield a few seasons ago and there must have been only 4-5000 there.Not good.

10pm is the official time for the fight, and there are enough major broadcasters involved to ensure that it will probably be a pretty punctual start.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

19 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

The last few challenge cup finals have seen large swathes of empty red seats.

Usually in the Club Wembley areas that are pre-sold years in advance to football fans, and there is no way Wembley will pass on the unused seats.

23 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

No biff

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

On 27/04/2017 at 10:03 PM, moorside roughyed said:

Off topic, I know. But we're all doomed! Doomed I tells ye, DOOMED!!!!

Think I'll listen on the radio.  Not a huge fan of professional heavyweight boxing but I've got caught up in the interest for this one.  Plus, as I'm sure you all know, it clashes with the second game of the three game series between the Cubs and Red Sox at Fenway so I'll have that on the TV whilst listening to the paid brutes hitting each other.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Think I'll listen on the radio.  Not a huge fan of professional heavyweight boxing but I've got caught up in the interest for this one.  Plus, as I'm sure you all know, it clashes with the second game of the three game series between the Cubs and Red Sox at Fenway so I'll have that on the TV whilst listening to the paid brutes hitting each other.

I think you'll find that boxing is a little bit more to it than that.Its about footwork, speed, power, skill and bravery.As far as I can see baseball is just like rounders but I'm sure there's more to it than that.But I'm not that ignorant to come to a conclusion without the knowledge of that sport.Sport in general is the best thing we have for discipline, fitness,competitiveness and there's the social aspect too

As far as being a "brute" is concerned, Klitschko is also multilingual, a more than decent chess player, a UNESCO representative, runs various charities and curated the Ukraine pavilion in the 2009 Venice Biennale.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

38 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

As far as being a "brute" is concerned, Klitschko is also multilingual, a more than decent chess player, a UNESCO representative, runs various charities and curated the Ukraine pavilion in the 2009 Venice Biennale.

and a very boring boxer

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

42 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

and a very boring boxer

As futtocks alluded to,Vlad is involved with a lot of other worthwhile causes outside boxing using his fame to bring attention to these causes which has to be applauded. Like his brother he's a very intelligent bloke with good manners as I've seen him in interviews on YouTube. He may not be aesthetically pleasing to watch but he is a fantastic "boxer" with a very good skillset. He may not be Tyson but he is one of the most dominant figures in the history of the sport.But hey ho we all appreciate different things, I'm just looking forward to a good bout that won't be boring hopefully with AJ winning because he's English. 

I forgot to mention, Wlad also got off with Hayden Panettiere.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

14 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

As futtocks alluded to,Vlad is involved with a lot of other worthwhile causes outside boxing using his fame to bring attention to these causes which has to be applauded. Like his brother he's a very intelligent bloke with good manners as I've seen him in interviews on YouTube. He may not be aesthetically pleasing to watch but he is a fantastic "boxer" with a very good skillset. He may not be Tyson but he is one of the most dominant figures in the history of the sport.But hey ho we all appreciate different things, I'm just looking forward to a good bout that won't be boring hopefully with AJ winning because he's English. 

I can only see vlad boring his way to a points decision

Fingers crossed for a Joshua sledgehammer in the first round that Clitchco or whatever his name is can't recover from.

25/1.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Meh.

And I'll say that to his face once I can find a stool tall enough to get me there.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I tell you one thing, I wouldn't sit in one of the red seats if it was a tenner and on my back field.

I went to Hatton when he was at the City of Manchester (virtually my back yard at the time) and it was a good experience but I couldn't see a thing and my seats weren't the cheap seats by any stretch. 

Not only are they far away but the rigging gets completely in the way.

Archived