Who will be relegated  

61 members have voted

1. 1. To championship 1

• Bradford
    • Dewsbury
    • Oldham
    • Rochdale
    • Swinton

when we play hull kr. on sunday it will be 8 weeks since we last played at bower fold which was against swinton. so I will reserve my judgement until 5 oclock on sunday but with our injuries and suspension and poor halve backs I do not hold out much hope. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think our staying up will count on the Hull KR game. It's about beating the teams around us. Sadly we've just lost to one away and one on neutral ground. I'd still rather be in our position than that of Bradford, Dewsbury, Swinton and even Rochdale with our game in hand. 

• 2 weeks later...

a complete and utter shambles no words can describe it, I said if we played Hewitt at halve back we would loose iam eagerly waiting for brooksys analisis hewitt is totally out of his depth I was waiting for the improvement that r34 said would happen.  

Problem is Tandle, we had no one else to pick.  Grimmer probably shouldn't have played and appears to have suffered a recurrence of his injury early in the game.  Scott Turner suffered a head injury again so might not play for a long time given his history of head injuries and Gaz Owen was taken off on a stretcher so if we don't have DR on Sunday we will only have 14 fit players!  Alan Hunte and Nobby to come out of retirement!  Albeit Nobby said he wouldn't be about on Sunday so we may be looking for a new coach as well.

hi ur its our style of play that is causing all these injuries , there was spaces out wide and Hewitt kept passing  the ball back  inside their players did not even bother tackling Hewitt they just waited for our forward to take the ball and then pushed  him back five yards,. then the clanger by leatherbarrow  how many more excuses.

6 minutes ago, tandle said:

hi ur its our style of play that is causing all these injuries , there was spaces out wide and Hewitt kept passing  the ball back  inside their players did not even bother tackling Hewitt they just waited for our forward to take the ball and then pushed  him back five yards,. then the clanger by leatherbarrow  how many more excuses.

Do you think all of our issues stem from the halves pairing? I was talking to another fan on the way out and we agreed that our 6 and 7 seem to be split on either side of the field rather than working in tandem. 

What a load of rubbish, injuries happen. Our side tonight was busted. Possibly even more so after tonight. Styles of play do not cause injuries full stop.

Hewitt's kicking in the second half was spot on,Leathers unfortunately seems to fluff important spot kicks and also some in game kicks. Why do we not designate a kicker for field position? The half backs played well I thought overall, the thing that did for us was not having players to come into the side. We played busted and will continue to do so unless we get some new recruits. The lads have 100% tonight and if a couple of lucky breaks went our way we would have won. 

I still believe we have enough to stay up,it might come to squeaky bum time but we will get a break in one of these games. 

Come on Oldham,we can do this and with a squad that is not only small but riddled with injury. It's not easy to keep the faith sometimes,but I'm sure these lads will give everything to keep us up.

1978 lets put it this way our halve backs a ability to pass a ball or take a defence on is severely lacking. if we do not change it NOW we are down, I thought Nathan chappell was our player on a 2 year contract. to ch if you do not do something your means  of income will cease   you do not want  to know the feeling in the stand you are in big trouble head these words.

So if Bradford were to finish in bottom two does this mean third bottom goes down or does it mean only one team goes down. Needs clarifying for sure because we need to be in possession of the full facts. At present difficult to see where next win is coming from anyway full stop and look like a team going down. 

It just seems that we're relying on the teams around us losing.We desperately need this elusive win.Confidence will end up rock bottom. The lads seemed to graft last night but it still wasn't enough. What in the name of God do we have to do to win.Plus the injuries are stacking up.Hope Scott Turner and  Gaz Owen are OK.

8 hours ago, ultimate roughyed said:

Problem is Tandle, we had no one else to pick.  Grimmer probably shouldn't have played and appears to have suffered a recurrence of his injury early in the game.  Scott Turner suffered a head injury again so might not play for a long time given his history of head injuries and Gaz Owen was taken off on a stretcher so if we don't have DR on Sunday we will only have 14 fit players!  Alan Hunte and Nobby to come out of retirement!  Albeit Nobby said he wouldn't be about on Sunday so we may be looking for a new coach as well.

I know what your going through in regards to injuries,my god we've had our fair share this season.

We've managed to get some back on the field plus we've replaced a few that didn't want to play for the club.

I hope you start to get some wins and move on up the table.

6 hours ago, RoughyedsMad said:

So if Bradford were to finish in bottom two does this mean third bottom goes down or does it mean only one team goes down. Needs clarifying for sure because we need to be in possession of the full facts. At present difficult to see where next win is coming from anyway full stop and look like a team going down. 

According to Ralph Rimmer other week in league express it's 2 clubs to get relegated from the championship,it may change though as I can't see Bradford Bulls getting relegated.

I thought the lads gave everything tonight and feel gutted for them. Scott must be wondering what he has to do to buy a win. We were the best team and taking into to consideration having 3 players taken off with injuries, others playing with injuries and two lucky tries for Dewsbury. I can't be anything but proud of the lads and staff. We've probably lost Scott Turner and Gaz Owen for a while now and not sure how Bad Grimmers hamstring is but hopefully we show the same spirit against Bradford and this time come away with some reward. Keep your heads held high lads and thanks for all your efforts, you certain;y deserve more than losing pay!

It pains me to say it but after Swinton's lack lustre showing at Featherstone last night - I think we (Swinton) are now destined to be relegated - I cannot see how the RFL can restructure to save Bradford as this would be a slap in the face for the clubs in Championship 1 unless the master plan is to expand the size of the Championship by two clubs.............

Archived