what a joke champ 1 fixtures

barrow where rubbish today, a a result we will play Toronto and Whitehaven away twice and not play them at home, as I the league goes as it stands we will then play Whitehaven away again.  How can any body think this is a way to run a league with promotion.

life long fan of rugby league feed up with the sport

13 minutes ago, raiderboy said:

barrow where rubbish today, a a result we will play Toronto and Whitehaven away twice and not play them at home, as I the league goes as it stands we will then play Whitehaven away again.  How can any body think this is a way to run a league with promotion.

If Barrow performed better they could have avoided this problem. 

This will be why there is a play off for a promotion spot to make up for uneven fixtures

its not ideal. But it's a bit late to be complaining about it

2 hours ago, raiderboy said:

Excuse my ignorance Raiderboy , can you explain it a bit better , I assume youve already played away to Toronto and Haven , and now because of the play offs you will travel to them again ? Is that the issue ? 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Excuse my ignorance Raiderboy , can you explain it a bit better , I assume youve already played away to Toronto and Haven , and now because of the play offs you will travel to them again ? Is that the issue ? 

It isn't about Barrow going away to Whitehaven and Toronto twice, it is the fact Barrow didn't get to play either of them at home such is the skewed fixture format.

Of the other top 6 teams Barrow played Toronto, Whitehaven, Doncaster, Newcastle and Keighley away and only York at home in the first round.

How can that be a level playing field? 

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

22 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Of the other top 6 teams Barrow played Toronto, Whitehaven, Doncaster, Newcastle and Keighley away and only York at home in the first round.

Fixture wise this season Barrow have had a pretty raw deal , a blindfolded RFL official sticking pins in a fixture sheet springs to mind.

1 minute ago, Stirlin said:

Fixture wise this season Barrow have had a pretty raw deal , a blindfolded RFL official sticking pins in a fixture sheet springs to mind.

Are you sure he was blindfolded?

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

It's not but that was the price for extending the league to 16. 

It's a strange division for sure. A lot of the southern teams aren't consistently competitive and don't draw crowds in the heartlands. However, they do seem to be doing great community work under difficult circumstances. Maybe conferences are the way to go, because they would guarantee teams like Barrow home fixtures against their rivals. 

10 hours ago, Bearman said:

We can't seriously be suggesting that the fixtures are unfair based on the standings of the current league table, how on earth are the fixtures supposed to be amended on the fly based on current results?

Looking at last years final League 1 table.  Excluding Toulouse who now play in the Championship, three teams finished above Barrow - Rochdale (2nd), York (3rd) and Doncaster (4th).

Of these three, as far as I can see Barrow have not played Rochdale in the regular season in 2017, and they played Doncaster away and York at home.  This seems pretty fair and reasonable to me.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

7 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

We can't seriously be suggesting that the fixtures are unfair based on the standings of the current league table, how on earth are the fixtures supposed to be amended on the fly based on current results?

Looking at last years final League 1 table.  Excluding Toulouse who now play in the Championship, three teams finished above Barrow - Rochdale (2nd), York (3rd) and Doncaster (4th).

Of these three, as far as I can see Barrow have not played Rochdale in the regular season in 2017, and they played Doncaster away and York at home.  This seems pretty fair and reasonable to me.

Rochdale are in the Championship also

6 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Rochdale are in the Championship also

Of course, my mistake.

The York and Doncaster point remains valid I think.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

The league is neither one thing nor t'other is it? Too small for conferences, too large for proper 'home and away' fixtures.

Is the better solution to add another 2 teams, making 18 - which would mean you could have two conferences of nine, and a 16-game season with home and away fixtures? Then some sort of inter-conference play offs...

13 hours ago, ojx said:

It's a strange division for sure. A lot of the southern teams aren't consistently competitive and don't draw crowds in the heartlands. However, they do seem to be doing great community work under difficult circumstances. Maybe conferences are the way to go, because they would guarantee teams like Barrow home fixtures against their rivals. 

Don't be fooled on thinking that a big away following is drawing big crouds.

On their own there isn't much in the attendances of a lot of league1 clubs north or south.

50 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

The league is neither one thing nor t'other is it? Too small for conferences, too large for proper 'home and away' fixtures.

Is the better solution to add another 2 teams, making 18 - which would mean you could have two conferences of nine, and a 16-game season with home and away fixtures? Then some sort of inter-conference play offs...

It's a pity that South Wales have effectively folded.

West Wales could have added a team separately, Manchester are building for league1 and a French side rumoured.

Added a Montreal team this would have taken the tally to 20.

2 leagues of ten.

A league2? Or 2 even leagues everyone in your league home and away everyone in tother league once. Both league champions promoted with them playing off in a final for the league1 trophy.

anyone have a link as to where I can find the fixtures? For whatever they call the 'you're not very good' half of League 1. I'm not a complete internet feeb but can find nowt. Hemel's website makes me laugh - has the league table on the front page which cuts off at position 14. You'd think someone would have noticed this season as they've lived in 16th all year.

16 hours ago, Scubby said:

It isn't about Barrow going away to Whitehaven and Toronto twice, it is the fact Barrow didn't get to play either of them at home such is the skewed fixture format.

York had to go to Toulouse 3 times last season we didn't play them at York, that's the way it is, get over it.

1 minute ago, spanishknight said:

York had to go to Toulouse 3 times last season we didn't play them at York, that's the way it is, get over it.

Exactly. My post was just highlighting why the poster was complaining not that you need to take it on the chin. Which is life as you say.

37 minutes ago, Rascal Bongo Stork said:

anyone have a link as to where I can find the fixtures? For whatever they call the 'you're not very good' half of League 1. I'm not a complete internet feeb but can find nowt. Hemel's website makes me laugh - has the league table on the front page which cuts off at position 14. You'd think someone would have noticed this season as they've lived in 16th all year.

Here you go - actual dates of the games released this Wednesday

http://www.rugby-league.com/super-eights

Archived