14th Sept : Super 8s : Hull FC v Wakefield Trinity K.O. 8pm Sky TV

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

They were perfect drop goal position. I can't really blame them for wanting to take a point

I agree. Another play and they could have lost the ball. A point would have been ok. 

It was just so disappointing that he missed from there. 

One of the best officiating of a game this season.Bentham and his team were excellent.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Well done the rfl and the referee. Rfl just do not want Wakey anywhere near the top 4 because we are not one of the other 11 clubs who have enough money to throw at the game. Wakefield are officially the poorest (financially) team in Super League.

2 minutes ago, Trout said:

Well done the rfl and the referee. Rfl just do not want Wakey anywhere near the top 4 because we are not one of the other 11 clubs who have enough money to throw at the game. Wakefield are officially the poorest (financially) team in Super League.

Rubbish. They lost because they lack a bit of quality (due to being relatively poor)

14 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Not a big Ellis fan, but a touch of class there in the interviews giving big wraps to Wakey.

Entitled to your opinion of course but why not an Ellis fan? 

Probably a good game for the neutral, a horrid game for fans involved though. First half I don't really know how we remained in touch. Wakefield blew us away but we gritted it out and held on. Second half was a role reversal. Hull should have pulled away but Wakefield hung in there and probably deserved a point (although I'm very pleased they didn't get it). Commiserations to Wakey who, whilst still mathematically in it, have run their now in all likelihood. But congratulations on a really great season. 

Over to you Huddersfield. 

5 minutes ago, MZH said:

Entitled to your opinion of course but why not an Ellis fan?

I think he's been a good, hard-working strong running forward who derseves credit for going to Oz and 'making it' in the NRL. However, others seem to rate him much higher than that, and I just can't see it.

16 minutes ago, Trout said:

Don't be daft. You can maybe count yourselves a bit unlucky to not get anything tonight, but the referee had no baring on that result whatsoever. 

53 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Brilliant game, Wakefield unlucky for 2nd week running. Hull are looking decent for playoffs now 

Haven't seen tonight's but I did see the Saints game.  Second half Wakey appeared to have decided to play very conservative rugby.  Five drives and a kick for the corner.  No adventurous stuff.  It was deadly to watch, and they deserved to get beat.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Archived