What keeps you awake at night?

22 minutes ago, ckn said:

According to a CMI seminar I've been invited to, the answer is PRODUCTIVITY!

I have never stayed awake at night wondering about how much harder I could work myself...

Indeed; speaking personally if I can't sleep it's usually caused by the opposite, too much to do in too short a time.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Itchy piles. After about half an hour of hoping they'll go away, I give up and reach for the anusol.

Well, you did ask!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

32 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Currently, XX&*%ng kidney stones!

My comiserations. They are excruciatingly painful.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

my mrs grinding her teeth in between snoring with her talk radio background noise just on loud enough to tell me the wc scores I have recorded

Been told I do that.  It must be insanely annoying!

In the blink of an eye it could all be taken away.  Be grateful always.

I don't know about keeping me awake but I know what wakes me up at stupid time, adolescent bloody starlings squabbling over food.

As for keeping me from falling off to nod, its the number of things I am planning to do when I retire, its still 7 years away but I can't wait.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 hours ago, heartofGold said:

Silence and darkness.  Can't bear either.  I think it's how we are as a family.  Lights are always on, kids TVs/xboxes etc, doors are always open. 

I love silence and darkness. The wife has sleeping problems so often sits up watching telly when I’m asleep, I have earplugs in and a sleep mask on to get it quiet and dark. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

1 hour ago, heartofGold said:

Yes.  I'm afraid in the dark and I have tinnitus so I like noise even if it is just a tv on or music.

I suffered from terrible tinnitus for most of my life: from ticking, whistling, whirring and thudding. I went to the doctors because I was getting complaints about talking too loud and turning the tv up to full volume, and my singing was out of whack. Fitted up with two hearing aids, now my tinnitus is barely noticeable and the complaints have gone apart from perhaps the singing. Could be coincidence of course. 

1 hour ago, ckn said:

A kitten jumping on my face at 4am trying to catch a moth in the bedroom.

Could be worse, it could be a Labrador. Ours commanders the bed before we go up and you can't shift him. So we have to arrange ourselves around his snoring body.

Archived