Who else is ready for the big kick off? Exciting times

Scubby

As always, it's the RL on the field that saves the day and creates the most interesting talking points. We are just about to enter..

• The most open Super League title race in its history
  • A fantastic and diverse tussle ahead in the Championship
  • League One that is simply too close to call
  • A brand new Women's Super League officially running after the 2017 trial

Add to that regular games in England, Wales, France and Canada and I'm getting fired up already. We have a lot of work to do off the field but you can't help but get excited about the season that is about to start. The players never fail to deliver. I can't wait for it all to get going! Who else is pumped up?

2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

As always, it's the RL on the field that saves the day and creates the most interesting talking points. We are just about to enter..

Add to that regular games in England, Wales, France and Canada and I'm getting fired up already. We have a lot of work to do off the field but you can't help but get excited about the season that is about to start. The players never fail to deliver. I can't wait for it all to get going! Who else is pumped up?

This has happened every year for the past decade or so in which we will see big crowds in the opening rounds only for them to slowly tail off and see the usual teams win silverware.

Even as a saints fan I’m desperate to see a new name on the super league trophy because I’m a RL fan 1st. Maybe Hull FC can lift the super league trophy in October.

26 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Me! :)

21 minutes ago, walter sobchak said:

This has happened every year for the past decade or so in which we will see big crowds in the opening rounds only for them to slowly tail off and see the usual teams win silverware.

Even as a saints fan I’m desperate to see a new name on the super league trophy because I’m a RL fan 1st. Maybe Hull FC can lift the super league trophy in October.

There are 3.7 billion other threads on TRL looking at the downsides.

Let's keep this one a happy place, eh?

At least until the season actually kicks off anyway. ;)

10 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Fair do’s. I’m still looking forward to the new season and think we could see the super league attendance record being smashed at elland rd. how’s that ?

Just now, walter sobchak said:

Fair do’s. I’m still looking forward to the new season and think we could see the super league attendance record being smashed at elland rd. how’s that ?

Perfect! :)

15 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Ya but is it like this every year?, the waiting...its like torture.  Having the World Cup gave me something but I think the harsh winter makes the Toronto fans want it even more...ITS A FORM OF TORTURE!!!

3 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Ya but is it like this every year?, the waiting...its like torture.  Having the World Cup gave me something but I think the harsh winter makes the Toronto fans want it even more...ITS A FORM OF TORTURE!!!

You have a longer wait than any of us for a live fix Kman. A TV game will have to do you for a few months.

rldfsignature.jpg

2 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Good things come to those that wait K-man. Also it’s not torture but enhanced interrogation....oh wait that’s something else completely.

3 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

You have a longer wait than any of us for a live fix Kman. A TV game will have to do you for a few months.

Its just not fair I tell ya...the first 12 games away...waiting...watching from afar.

3 minutes ago, walter sobchak said:

Good things come to those that wait K-man. Also it’s not torture but enhanced interrogation....oh wait that’s something else completely.

Ya but it sort of feels the same.

Can't wait, really really can't, don't know who will win any of the trophies, don't know what my team will do, don't know how the championship will do, I just can't wait and it's only a couple of weeks away and personally, though I am wire biased, what a kick off with the two great unknowns in super league, "fan girl scream" - get in

49 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

As a Bradford Bulls fan meself, in recent years the waiting has been the best part. The reality has been a bit grim once things have kicked off, but this is a positive thread and I am feeling positive about Bradford again - if that's the effect relegation can have on me, imagine what I'll be like if they ever get promoted!! :dancer:

I've even been going to the pre-season games, and got to see the Bulls chalk up another win this afty against Sheffield Eagles, which was fun. I thought it was a bit cold at Odsal, but for you it would probably have been t-shirt weather.

The Bulls next pre-season game is against...... Toronto Wolfpack!! :good:

I've bought my ticket already and I'm looking forward to seeing the Wolfpack play at Odsal for the first (and hopefully not the only) time.

2 hours ago, Scubby said:

• but you can't help but get excited about the season that is about to start. 

League 1 seems really close.  Big pre season event with Leeds visiting Coventry

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

As a Bradford Bulls fan meself, in recent years the waiting has been the best part. The reality has been a bit grim once things have kicked off, but this is a positive thread and I am feeling positive about Bradford again -

Bulls visit to Coventry and elsewhere is exciting.  I saw Bulls play at Welford Road in 1999, beating Broncos I think.  Different times but good chance to see them play this season.

Absolutely can't wait! Got tickets for the elland road games in the post, already working out which away games were going to. Few good away games against Wire and Wigan on Thursday nights for Leeds so should be good if the free coach travel is kept up! (I haven't heard anything to the contrary so I would assume so)

Properly excited now

57 minutes ago, Charlie RL said:

League 1 seems really close.  Big pre season event with Leeds visiting Coventry

Bulls visit to Coventry and elsewhere is exciting.  I saw Bulls play at Welford Road in 1999, beating Broncos I think.  Different times but good chance to see them play this season.

I was also at the Welford Road game - real shame that wasn't followed up with more on the road games every year. If the Bulls make a good start in League One I think the away following will be pretty healthy wherever they go. York should get a bumper crowd for the opener and many clubs will get their highest gates when the Bulls come into town.

League One should be absolutely fascinating to follow. Can't wait.

3 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

I'm more excited than I have been for a few years. Saints with Barba have a genuinely class player and I really rate Holbrook as a coach, not only his ability to win games but also our style of play. In the past few years, I've not been particularly motivated to travel from Nottingham to watch games which could be described as dour affairs. This year I'm coming back for the opener against Cas despite it being on TV, and already working out which other games I can get back for. 

Good on you Saint1. I think many people felt St Helens could have been doing this a long time ago but better late than never. Genuinely exciting year for them I think. Cannot believe it's been a decade since Saints were at Wembley.

Ready for the big kickoff? I'll say! Now the endless bickering on here about the RFL leadership, automatic P and R, TV rights, Championship discrimination, Wakefield/Cas stadiums etc will fade into obscurity....

To be replaced by endless bickering about crowds, referees, VR........???

I’ll be looking to get to more games this year than last depending upon other commitments.

I think it’s fair to say the whole Toronto story has renewed my enthusiasm for the game generally.

I’ll probably split time between St Helens, Swinton and Leigh depending on how the home fixtures fall.

I’ve already got tickets for Leigh-Toronto at the LSV.

I’ll also try and get to a Bolton Mets game (preferably the ‘Classico’ against Bury Broncos if they’re still in the same division).

17 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Definitely looking forward to it, more so than in recent years - only being an ankle tap from a WC win and the Cru now looking stable and properly organised may have helped here:clapping:

It's a really good feeling knowing that we have a stable club now. Still a long way to go but the rebuilding process now well underway.

I'm really looking forward to the "new" League 1 format this year. Every team playing home and away against every other team has to be the best way to run a league competition

I'll be missing quite a few games due to work, but I've booked time off for the first two home games, and looking forward to the friendly at Rochdale on Sunday.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

Archived