Denver NZ v England test is "certain" to go ahead

Scubby

31 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Sounds more like recent Qld origin camps and a normal week for several NRL players.

No that is not factual.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Copa said:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/the-plan-to-bring-professional-rugby-league-to-the-united-states-20171125-gzsrrq.html

The man who brought Major League Baseball to Australia and landed the 2025 Rugby League World Cup for the US has opened up on his plans to start a domestic league in America by 2020.

But perhaps his most ambitious project is setting up a domestic league in the US and Canada. Under the working title Rugby League Association, Moore intends to create a sustainable competition that will provide pathways and content for Americans during the NFL off-season.

"We're looking at an eight to 10-team competition in the USA and Canada," Moore said.

"Our sweet spot is to look at big cities, [but also] second- and third-level cities where we can be a bigger show in the local market, as opposed to being a tiny fish in a big ocean.”

My mistake

11 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Yeah right 

Are you quoting the up and coming Queenslanders, the development players?

Which State player has been stood down?

Just now, Krzzystuff said:

I'm not singing though am I?

No,

I can only speak from my part of the World but its similar to text talk abbreviations, sounds ok to other locals on that wavelength, not so good to others,

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

Nope. You only sing when you're winning. The London Broncos put paid to that.

lol yup they sure did kick our a$$ didn't they!

Funny thing is its making us even more interested in the game vs. the select few thinking all would abandon ship at the first sign of competition. Really looking forward to our rematch to see if our boys can step it up.

6 minutes ago, Allora said:

No,

I can only speak from my part of the World but its similar to text talk abbreviations, sounds ok to other locals on that wavelength, not so good to others,

Can't please everyone now can we?

Just now, Krzzystuff said:

lol yup they sure did kick our a$$ didn't they!

Funny thing is its making us even more interested in the game vs. the select few thinking all would abandon ship at the first sign of competition. Really looking forward to our rematch to see if our boys can step it up.

I am thinking exactly the same. If the Wolfpack get to the last 5-6 home games having to win them all to reach the middle 8s it could create quite a bit of excitement with the locals. 

1 hour ago, Allora said:

I think the Raiders only had Josh Papalii in SOO and the way he played no one would have missed him if he was injured, the most over rated unfit looking player I have seen at representative level in a long time.

George Rose?

8 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I am thinking exactly the same. If the Wolfpack get to the last 5-6 home games having to win them all to reach the middle 8s it could create quite a bit of excitement with the locals. 

And in the local press too! 

On February 27, 2018 at 4:42 PM, Big Picture said:

There's no reason why it would.  The two matches could well draw totally different crowds with no overlap to speak of.

No chance. They are competing for fans.

I see RLWC2025 popped into the thread for a minute to offer to answer questions then disappeared. Prepare for disappointment guys.

4 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

Another instance of UK folk telling the NA's how they should/will feel and react eh? I won't get into this with ya, we will just wait and see what happens. clearly you think this is a bad way to go about promoting the game and i think it s a good approach.

You are the Ying to my Yang.

You are Canadian, not American. And if your first experience of RL was an international double-header where you weren't really sure what it was all about, your own team was on the undercard for some reason, treated as a secondary attraction and absolutely sucked compared to the two overseas teams that came out afterwards then you too would've probably been less likely to become a fan. I do know the American market, I'm not some moron from Featherstone or Leigh. Showing them an amateur RL match which makes their own team look like chumps in comparison to two overseas teams is a dreadful idea.

Get the Denver fans in the stadium and show them England vs NZ, a high-intensity 80-minute blitz, they would've seen nothing like it before and leave fired up wanting more. Job done. We don't need to overcomplicate things or do anything to dilute the content in any way.

6 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

I take it that's a no. Why doesn't Ricky bleat about that then?

Ricky complains about everything that hampers the Raiders.

If the international game is to expand some type of salary cap relief for players on rep duty is a reasonable request.

17 minutes ago, Copa said:

Ricky complains about everything that hampers the Raiders.

If the international game is to expand some type of salary cap relief for players on rep duty is a reasonable request.

Can you link any whinges Stuart has made in the past about SoO?

rldfsignature.jpg

13 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Can you link any whinges Stuart has made in the past about SoO?

There’s not much to be honest! However Ricky seems to recruit to avoid having key players eligible.

Regardless, if the rep season is to expand, develop and involve long flights to other countries, questions around insurance, impact of travel and salary cap exemptions for players injured on rep duty are reasonable.

58 minutes ago, Evil Homer said:

You are Canadian, not American. And if your first experience of RL was an international double-header where you weren't really sure what it was all about, your own team was on the undercard for some reason, treated as a secondary attraction and absolutely sucked compared to the two overseas teams that came out afterwards then you too would've probably been less likely to become a fan. I do know the American market, I'm not some moron from Featherstone or Leigh. Showing them an amateur RL match which makes their own team look like chumps in comparison to two overseas teams is a dreadful idea.

Get the Denver fans in the stadium and show them England vs NZ, a high-intensity 80-minute blitz, they would've seen nothing like it before and leave fired up wanting more. Job done. We don't need to overcomplicate things or do anything to dilute the content in any way.

Again agree to disagree. after the game we can judge how the people reacted to everything that the promoter will do.

23 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

Again agree to disagree. after the game we can judge how the people reacted to everything that the promoter will do.

I'm with Krzzystuff on this...Americans know they are no New Zealand or England when it comes to rugby...the game against Canada on the undercard is a great idea!

48 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

The promoters will hopefully not do this as there is no reason for them to, it's counter-productive and AFAIK nobody in the US has suggested it, just people in England and Canada. If they want to play a USA match then they should just play a USA match and not bother with England vs NZ, trying to do both entirely defeats the object and ends up benefiting neither.

6 minutes ago, Evil Homer said:

The promoters will hopefully not do this as there is no reason for them to, it's counter-productive and AFAIK nobody in the US has suggested it, just people in England and Canada. If they want to play a USA match then they should just play a USA match and not bother with England vs NZ, trying to do both entirely defeats the object and ends up benefiting neither.

You're clearly doing the sport as a whole a disservice by not using your vast knowledge of the inner motives of populations across the globe to better promote and grow the game, apply for the RFL job already.

11 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

You're clearly doing the sport as a whole a disservice by not using your vast knowledge of the inner motives of populations across the globe to better promote and grow the game, apply for the RFL job already.

Careful.

They might employ him.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

6 hours ago, Allora said:

Did he play SOO?

He played representative football which is what you said.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Great to see the English and Kiwi players understanding and appreciating the benefits of this game and that the international game is the best tool to expand the profile of RL.

No surprise that Australians don't like it but the hypocrisy is shocking. Origin is fine (even though we're repeatedly told its the toughest RL game), even with players backing up literally the next day. Send people on a flight longer than 3 hours and all of a sudden its a health and safety issue.

I'm coming to the conclusion that Australians want the sport for themselves, see it as an Australian sport and anything else other than NRL and Origin is an inconvenience at best and disliked at worst.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Archived