London Reaction

townie88

All three officials were pants. The ref looked about 12 and his decisions reflected that. The try under the posts at the scoreboard end........(or side!?) was a joke - their player was almost hurdling the advertising hoardings as he flicked the ball back into play! Their try in the corner at the other end came off a clear knock on which everybody but the ref and touchie saw.  Some standout performances all over the park .Dawson looked goosed at one stage then came back on and had a beast of a game. Great shame Perry got crocked, he was cutting them to ribbons.    See what we have to offer Marwan!?  

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Townie987 said:

Has anybody seen annonymouse???

Not at the game but judging by his posts he doesn't go to any game

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Theyve been racking up big points against some good championship opposition. So to limited them to 22, and come so near is an outstanding effort. 

Forrester will get a bag full playing outside foster. And miller looked more than comfortable at centre. Not many teams will come away from DP with alot if we can stay consistent.

Maudling, bailey and penky have to force their way back in now.

Great performance by all.Perry was having best game I seen him play till went off injured. Took a few knocks today hope nothing serious. Hopefully can keep that as the benchmark, and we will do ok. Hope we can get more fans down, they deserve more on that performance.

Yes some sore bodies there who just kept turning up . Ryan was limping around . Fingers crossed just knocks and bumps . That should tell you you’ve no one to fear in your own league if you show that effort, commitment and level . No excuse for not doing so as Leon said . Should give you real confidence moving forward 

1 hour ago, wonky said:

That’s unbelievable effort that, defence a million times better than we’ve seen this year. With players to come back and to come in it shows what a team we have. Let’s hope the non believers on here can now see the light at the end of the tunnel. And maybe just maybe push the likes of Bradford and York all the way. Congrats to haven and barrow as well, hopefully they get good super league sides up here. 

Very nice of you wonky pal very unlucky today guys sounds like a great game 

Well if we can perform like that every week we will be there or there abouts for promotion at the end of the season. 

JD was easily MOM, dunno who picked the Ladbrokes MOM but their half that got it wasn't in their top 5 best players.

Hope Olly, Caine & Perry are ok. Perry was having a stormer until he got injured.

Defence was pretty good, I liked Elliott at centre. Our pack performed well against a very big and mobile London pack. Thought we looked a threat when we got a quick play the ball. I thought Tansey did ok on the whole but had a very mixed bag. He linked up well with JD in attack and was always vocal.  My biggest gripe was the was the way he gave up on Williams try, looked very poor.

Only other gripes was the try everyone else is on about, not only was the bloke over the dead ball line but the lad didn't touch it down properly either. But the ref was weak all game. And I thought our kicking game was atrocious, buffer had a real off day, Tansey was just as bad too. I thought Newts needs to sharpen up in defence too, got caught a few times with lazy efforts.

But none of those takes anything away from a real good effort by the lads, worth every penny today. UTT. 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

4 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

Well if we can perform like that every week we will be there or there abouts for promotion at the end of the season. 

JD was easily MOM, dunno who picked the Ladbrokes MOM but their half that got it wasn't in their top 5 best players.

Hope Olly, Caine & Perry are ok. Perry was having a stormer until he got injured.

Defence was pretty good, I liked Elliott at centre. Our pack performed well against a very big and mobile London pack. Thought we looked a threat when we got a quick play the ball. I thought Tansey did ok on the whole but had a very mixed bag. He linked up well with JD in attack and was always vocal.  My biggest gripe was the was the way he gave up on Williams try, looked very poor.

Only other gripes was the try everyone else is on about, not only was the bloke over the dead ball line but the lad didn't touch it down properly either. But the ref was weak all game. And I thought our kicking game was atrocious, buffer had a real off day, Tansey was just as bad too. I thought Newts needs to sharpen up in defence too, got caught a few times with lazy efforts.

But none of those takes anything away from a real good effort by the lads, worth every penny today. UTT. 

Newts is playing 80 minutes as there’s no one to spell him, being tired is going to effect his tackling. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

1 minute ago, wonky said:

Newts is playing 80 minutes as there’s no one to spell him, being tired is going to effect his tackling. 

We need Penky back , that is a really really big ask on newts in this day n age .Hes doing it brilliantly but it takes it out of you . He’s in so many tackles and then you’ve got to attack as well . That rotation is key

1 minute ago, wonky said:

Agreed for ones later in the match Wonky and yeah maybe i'm being a harsh on him but it's how I saw it.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

And Gordon , Penky and Bailey are definites to return so that’s something we haven’t had for a while . Really hope we get a full injury update from the club this week mind 

Not sure on penky but was told Gordon had rolled his ankle in training and Bailey has been unwell and hadn’t trained this week

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

12 minutes ago, DavidM said:

And Gordon , Penky and Bailey are definites to return so that’s something we haven’t had for a while . Really hope we get a full injury update from the club this week mind 

And surely fui fui can be sorted for next Sunday or haven. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

12 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

Not sure on penky but was told Gordon had rolled his ankle in training and Bailey has been unwell and hadn’t trained this week

Leatherbarra to and today’s knocks 

what a turn around , when I saw sammut was not playing I halved the score line but still had it at a comfortable margin , credit to them all , 2pts is outstanding and a good platform to kick on from , earlier today I still didnt have town in the playoffs but only based on lack of opposition and the loss at the cougars . after today i have them firm playoff contenders , there can be no excuses from now on in , the only slight worry is several injuries , penky and bailie now have there work cut out getting back in the team, scholey was and still is my favourite player . Also well done to haven , not many saw that coming either .

52 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

Agreed for ones later in the match Wonky and yeah maybe i'm being a harsh on him but it's how I saw it.

I think a little harsh mate, big minutes and a quick thinking team may just catch up on you but its not a lazy effort, that implies lack of work ethic in a way and that's unfair. More like the step up in class can test you to the full and a switch of in concentration or relentless speed around the ruck can catch you out. 

Id like to think our players will take huge positives out of this game and not let this momemtum drop. 

Doran was MOM in my view, few lapses in defence for there tries aside it was an excellent and committed performance, the amount of sets we defended on our own line was unreal...im sure Newton crossed in 1st half n all! Thought our forwards were very good! On another day we could have won that...UTT

An absolutely outstanding performance , only marred by Newton being given held up , when everybody in the ground (including the London players) thought it was a good try .their first try was a yard forward and our try in the corner was given forward , both decisions in the hands of the linesman with the red flag , he had more influence on the match than the ref .Gutted for Perry as he was tormenting them to death , hope it`s not serious .

Gutted I couldn't make the game today. Sounds like a fantastic performance well done Town. Leon's interview after the game had me I stitches when he said he would love to tackle the ref ha ha . Why the heck did radio Cumbria stay on the barrow game and then the haven game . I have no doubt this level of performance will set the standard for the rest of the season and let's hope it convinces a few more to go through the turnstiles. Exciting times lie ahead and just what the town deserves 

UTT

Archived