Film Thread (What have you been watching?)

Last Thursday, as my car was in for a service, I spent the morning watching the Russian anti-war film Come and See.  The young lad playing the central role of Flyora was outstanding.  A film both distressing and disturbing in equal measure but riveting.

After lunch I watched the Wham! documentary which I also enjoyed.  

I've had fun this afternoon watching two of my all time favourite films, the first two Rush Hour films. Still deciding whether I want to watch the third one which does fall a bit short of its predecessors.

I love Jackie Chan, always have from when I was a kid. I think if I was allowed to meet just one actor in my life, I would actually choose Jackie Chan over anyone else. 

28 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I've had fun this afternoon watching two of my all time favourite films, the first two Rush Hour films. Still deciding whether I want to watch the third one which does fall a bit short of its predecessors.

I love Jackie Chan, always have from when I was a kid. I think if I was allowed to meet just one actor in my life, I would actually choose Jackie Chan over anyone else. 

A good Jackie Chan flick is always a pleasure. My last double feature was watching both the Project A films.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Both great films. When I really want to treat myself I allow myself the time to enjoy a double bill of the first two Police Story films. Absolute masterpieces. 

I discovered the Police Story movies in reverse order. Oh, those pre-internet days, when you had to stumble across stuff and take a chance. But Police Story III introduced me to Michelle Yeoh, which is another wonderful discovery.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Going through the watchlist. 

Don't look up. DiCaprio as an astronomer who's PhD candidate spots a giant asteroid heading to earth. Dark comedy and very good satire of social media trumpism and the dumbing down of society. It's like a grown up version of idiocracy. Well worth a watch.

Edited by Midlands hobo

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, hindle xiii said:

I can see why Alistair Sim, 1951, Scrooge: A Christmas Carol is considered the best. 

I also enjoyed watching Miracle on 34th Street (1994).

I actually watched the '94 Miracle yesterday and quite enjoyed it. I've always absolutely loved the original so avoided the remake but as I say, it was more enjoyable than I was expecting. 

On 25/12/2023 at 09:48, Vambo said:

Started on my 'Watch every year Xmas movies' list last night.

Began with what is still my all time fave one... Gremlins. 

Home Alone is tonights film of choice.

I have followed the above with:

Anna and the Apocalypse (I guess this is a musical but it sounds like it was written by a Shadow Gallery fan so it's well worth a listen/watch)

Home Alone 2 (Seriously if you haven't already seen this then watch it now! The last 15 mins are superior to most other other comedic films)

Violent Night (The true origin of Santa 👍)

We will continue our 1 per night Xmas films until NYE.

• Like 1
The%20Warriors%2060.jpg