Rugby League guests at Royal Wedding (Merged Threads)

Mrs Magic watching Royal Wedding stuff, and I chanced upon Sir Kev, being interview in the Windsor studio by Dermot. Talking about the Prince and rugby league !! Nice suit, well spoken, good message and a guest at the wedding. Good lad !

Just flicked over to BBC Breakfast at half-time in the Rabbitohs / North Queensland match, and was quite surprised to see Kevin Sinfield on the sofa. He's a guest at the Royal Wedding, and mentioned Prince Harry's patronage and involvement with RL, and expressed the hope that Prince Harry would attend some international events in the future.

I don't think you would put me in the category of a royal watcher, but this slot has brought to a huge TV audience the knowledge that Prince Harry is Patron of Rugby League; it certainly seemed to be news to the interviewers. 

The question is will the RFL take advantage of this opportunity?

4 minutes ago, Manxmanc said:

Just flicked over to BBC Breakfast at half-time in the Rabbitohs / North Queensland match, and was quite surprised to see Kevin Sinfield on the sofa. He's a guest at the Royal Wedding, and mentioned Prince Harry's patronage and involvement with RL, and expressed the hope that Prince Harry would attend some international events in the future.

I don't think you would put me in the category of a royal watcher, but this slot has brought to a huge TV audience the knowledge that Prince Harry is Patron of Rugby League; it certainly seemed to be news to the interviewers. 

The question is will the RFL take advantage of this opportunity?

Surely they just have. 

I'm certainly no Royalist, the complete opposite in fact, however I do realise many people are. As such this exposure is great PR and will certainly give a lot more legitimacy and credibility to a completely different audience and demographic. 

42 minutes ago, Magic XIII said:

Mrs Magic watching Royal Wedding stuff, and I chanced upon Sir Kev, being interview in the Windsor studio by Dermot. Talking about the Prince and rugby league !! Nice suit, well spoken, good message and a guest at the wedding. Good lad !

Something I didn’t expect, great to see!

I have not seen any of this and the rest of the Staff where I work knowing how I feel said they were putting me forward to walk her down the aisle, placing union jack bunting strategically an using their phones to play the queen's anthem, but great that Sir Kev is invited and shows we've moved on a bit from waifs, strays, vagabonds and it must have been lost in the post! Excellent news!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Given Sinfield and Tansey were the heroes who established Magic as a weekend of fun and drama, they should be the guests of honour every year. That would be especially appealing this year if it's true that Sinfield instead has to spend the day with Ralph Rimmer.

Hopefully the RL have given him plenty of tickets to the Challenge Cup and Grand Final and we see him and Meghan promoting the game

He seems to have been actively interested in Union. Hopefully as an American, Meghan will find our game easier to understand, quicker and more entertaining. As long as she doesnt mix too much with her in law Mike Tindall hopefully she will get to some games

34 minutes ago, headtackle said:

Hopefully the RL have given him plenty of tickets to the Challenge Cup and Grand Final and we see him and Meghan promoting the game

He seems to have been actively interested in Union. Hopefully as an American, Meghan will find our game easier to understand, quicker and more entertaining. As long as she doesnt mix too much with her in law Mike Tindall hopefully she will get to some games

I can understand him having more of a connection to the other code, as his upbringing and education will almost certainly have had him playing Rugby Union for several of his most formative years.

But he's okay with being patron of the RFL too, and this is (shock, horror!) actually a Good Thing for our game.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived