Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JohnM

Health update.

9 hours ago, Bearman said:

I am now bionic.

i have had a pacemaker fitted this morning.  My pulse rate is up to a healthy 60 beats a minute. It hasn’t been this fast since someone told me it was my turn to get the beer in🤣

Good stuff.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 20/08/2019 at 23:16, Bearman said:

I was told yesterday that I need a pacemaker due to my AF.

I have to have another check up to see if my heart has been further historically damaged by the AF. This will determine if I need 1 or 2 electrodes on the gizmo.

There is a 3 months waiting list for the procedure to implant which ever is decided. I get extremely tired since my stroke and I am hoping that it gives me a bit of get up and go.

Other than that I am ok, but I know my speech isnt quite right as I now stumble over occasional words.

I don't know if it was just me, but at the World Athletics Championships, I did notice Michael Johnson's speech did slur a bit later in the evening, as he got tired. I hope people give you time to speak.

• Like 1

RESURGAM

Non solum autem Leones

Well it sees to have flown by, but had my 6th cycle of Chemo yesterday. Saw one of my Oncology team(although not my main Oncologist) and the plan is to have a scan and see what its like in there and carry on with the chemo! Hoping they might suggest a break until after the scan but, nope back on the treadmill in a couple of weeks.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gray1967 said:

Well it sees to have flown by, but had my 6th cycle of Chemo yesterday. Saw one of my Oncology team(although not my main Oncologist) and the plan is to have a scan and see what its like in there and carry on with the chemo! Hoping they might suggest a break until after the scan but, nope back on the treadmill in a couple of weeks.

Hang in there, Gray. Good luck!

• Like 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

On 08/10/2019 at 09:34, Bleep1673 said:

I don't know if it was just me, but at the World Athletics Championships, I did notice Michael Johnson's speech did slur a bit later in the evening, as he got tired. I hope people give you time to speak.

Overall, he looks like he's recovered pretty well from his stroke, but he was working pretty long shifts at the World Athletics.

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

I am getting a new Drug that is still to get the Green light in Europe. Its being shipped in from USA, where its just got the OK. Very grateful that my Onkologist cares so much that she goes was beyond just doing her Job. She looks at every possibility and has a Nummer of Plans now for the Future. Blood Checks showing Cancer has been hit hard by Chemo had in summer.

The Myeloma Cancer attacks the Bones leaving them like swiss cheese. Sadly I have more fractures in spine this week and am currently in hospital as pain so much and need wheelchair to get around. Hope that in time pain better and can walk. Have to keep fighting und stay positiv. Lucky many friends around world keep me positiv with messages, falls and visits etc.

Edited by Lounge Room Lizard
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

I am getting a new Drug that is still to get the Green light in Europe. Its being shipped in from USA, where its just got the OK. Very grateful that my Onkologist cares so much that she goes was beyond just doing her Job. She looks at every possibility and has a Nummer of Plans now for the Future. Blood Checks showing Cancer has been hit hard by Chemo had in summer.

The Myeloma Cancer attacks the Bones leaving them like swiss cheese. Sadly I have more fractures in spine this week and am currently in hospital as pain so much and need wheelchair to get around. Hope that in time pain better and can walk. Have to keep fighting und stay positiv. Lucky many friends around world keep me positiv with messages, falls and visits etc.

We are all thinking of you LRL, posts like yours and others on here put so many of our so called "problems" into perspective. 
I hope the new drug has a positive result, it sounds like your doctor is pushing the boundaries in what can be offered and all the better for that. It's painfully difficult writing anything that doesn't sound like a facebook inspirational meme in these situations but it sounds as if you are lucky to have good friends and family around you and sometimes that's all you can ask for.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Fingers crossed for you mate.

• Like 1

Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

We are all thinking of you LRL, posts like yours and others on here put so many of our so called "problems" into perspective. 
I hope the new drug has a positive result, it sounds like your doctor is pushing the boundaries in what can be offered and all the better for that. It's painfully difficult writing anything that doesn't sound like a facebook inspirational meme in these situations but it sounds as if you are lucky to have good friends and family around you and sometimes that's all you can ask for.

Ta mate. Yes I am lucky with friends and family. Many people dont have that support ,especially many pensioners with illnesses. I am very lucky.

• Like 1