Toulouse

Batley Bob

Wigan loan I think

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

1 hour ago, bromleybulldog said:

Brown in the 18, still no Cowling

Only 18 named- shows how short of players we are!

Or short of money?

??

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Looking like another +50 defeat..

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Good point Leedsdog! Looking at today's result, damned good show to lose by only 16, if it's possible to be pleased by defeat, then 2 good displays v Halifax and Toulouse are far more palatable than the Bash farce.

Considering all in all and the nearness of the result compared with what was expected I will be donating my fiver to the War Chest, brave of the lads.

Not hard to work out Leedsdog if you think about it

If the expected gate receipts can be covered from another source; Then the Increased attendance results in increased revenue from bars and food outlets.

So more revenue in total

How are gate results covered then, well who wants to attract people in and  for what purpose?

Answer those easy questions and you’ve got the answer

9 minutes ago, Dogs Bawls said:

If the expected gate receipts can be covered from another source; Then the Increased attendance results in increased revenue from bars and food outlets.

So more revenue in total

How are gate results covered then, well who wants to attract people in and  for what purpose?

So are you saying that there is another (unknown) source of income that will cover the gate receipts?

27 minutes ago, Dogs Bawls said:

So more revenue in total

I completely understand, more people = more pies, beer sold etc etc. More profit. GREAT.

You seam to have insider information. I referred to gate income, my question to you is simple, is the gate income covered or not?

if it is, AGAIN GREAT, if so why aren’t we told!

If not it costs us money we greatly need.

4 minutes ago, Leedsdog said:

I completely understand, more people = more pies, beer sold etc etc. More profit. GREAT.

You seam to have insider information. I referred to gate income, my question to you is simple, is the gate income covered or not?

if it is, AGAIN GREAT, if so why aren’t we told!

If not it costs us money we greatly need.

1.what has this to do with today's game?

2.why should the club tell us if the gate income is covered?

I'm sure the club have budgeted for this game at the start of the year.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

4 minutes ago, il cattivo said:

1.what has this to do with today's game?

2.why should the club tell us if the gate income is covered?

I'm sure the club have budgeted for this game at the start of the year.

1. Ask Batley Bob (look up the thread)

2. They don’t have to, but I still think it’s a fair question.

3. I hope so!

Absolutely no insider information, just a logical mind

Will probably be in excess of 2000 people attracted so plenty of income will be generated

The main aim is to make money for charity but I doubt it will need to be at the expense of the club

21 minutes ago, Leedsdog said:

1. Ask Batley Bob (look up the thread)

2. They don’t have to, but I still think it’s a fair question.

3. I hope so!

You were the first one to mention the game next week........anyway after today's result a win next week is now a must.

I hope a couple of injured lads will return.

This season seems to be petering out like last year into an apathetic non interest.....

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Perhaps the game is sponsored by "The Great Get Together". Possibly paying the club the equivalent of say 600 spectators, the club is on a winner with the money up front and increased bar etc takings.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

25 minutes ago, il cattivo said:

You were the first one to mention the game next week........anyway after today's result a win next week is now a must.

I hope a couple of injured lads will return.

This season seems to be petering out like last year into an apathetic non interest.....

Absolutely. Our season is pretty much over, just as it was at this stage last year. Reaching the top 4 was hugely exciting, but in reality the current system isn't working for clubs like ours.

Archived