Match Thread - Toronto Wolfpack v Featherstone Rovers 28th July 2018

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Adam B said:

Spot on. That was a really tremendous performance, particularly in defence, and hopefully the lads and all who made it over there in support will have a good night tonight. Where oh where was that same intensity/control in those two recent games vs Fax though, or the same killer instinct last week vs London? 

Sadly I fear it's too little too late, barring the unlikeliest of results tomorrow. Hopefully the players (and Duffy) are currently reflecting on what might (indeed should) have been this year, and resolving to put things right in a big way next season.

We should of course factor in that Toronto's intensity may have been down by a notch or two, given they now have one eye on the 8s, in the same way ours and Hull KRs was down last season (not to mention the players' adverse reaction to Sharpy's dismissal), which conspired to gift Halifax a place in the top four.

So you are saying Jon Sharps future dismissal which the players had no idea about affected their performance? I love it. I think this season your players knew they would win in Toronto which is why they didn't try against Fax. ;)

6 hours ago, OldManMarley said:

I am speechless at this subject tonight!? We have beat Toronto on their patch, fair play, good result! The social media of “history makers” is a down right joke. Are the players n coaching staff celebrating like they have won something? 

This game was a must win for the 4, yes, but those players celebrating like that when really they stand little chance (who knows about tomorrow) of making their goal. I stuck up for them being part time etc but I feel this win is a total farce in terms of the teams celebrations. 

I am gobsmacked at what has been plastered all over social media! This was a must win, congrats, we won, but what has followed is rubbish! A celebration of what? If London or Halifax lose then stick what you want up, but until then it should be a video of a changing room in silence! 

Well done Rovers, you beat Toronto away, is that what our season is?

Best thing you can do is not read it all then,surely fans celebrate any win especially one against all the odds! 

30 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Best thing you can do is not read it all then,surely fans celebrate any win especially one against all the odds! 

And go down in History as the first team to win in Canada 

7 hours ago, OldManMarley said:

I am speechless at this subject tonight!? We have beat Toronto on their patch, fair play, good result! The social media of “history makers” is a down right joke. Are the players n coaching staff celebrating like they have won something? 

This game was a must win for the 4, yes, but those players celebrating like that when really they stand little chance (who knows about tomorrow) of making their goal. I stuck up for them being part time etc but I feel this win is a total farce in terms of the teams celebrations. 

I am gobsmacked at what has been plastered all over social media! This was a must win, congrats, we won, but what has followed is rubbish! A celebration of what? If London or Halifax lose then stick what you want up, but until then it should be a video of a changing room in silence! 

I agree to some extend, maybe not as harsh though, yes it’s a brilliant result, don’t think anyone would have predicted that and the first team to win in Canada in the short time Toronto have been in our leagues, but when you’ve been to every game and seen some of our performances in does stick in the throat a bit, especially of late, Halifax, London last week, games, for me, we should have won and where some players didn’t look interested! I’ve said all along it’s going to be a tough ask to reach top 4 but some players need to do some serious reflecting! That said, hope the fans that travelled had a great time!

Victor Meldrew is alive and well

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

22 minutes ago, OldManMarley said:

, who was the first team to beat Catalan or Toulouse in France? That’s right, no ones bothered!? 

because Catalan and Toulouse didn't go two years without losing that's the point TWP won 21 LOST 1

14 minutes ago, OldManMarley said:

History Makers! What a joke! Haha!

Bloody hell Marley, you're even grumpier than me. :O If it were the Rams who'd won in Canada (and I doubt it ever will be) I would be ecstatic, not questioning the significance of the result, or pouring cold water on the celebrations. I'd also be going down the offie for a few more lottery tickets and a box of chocolates for the wife  anall (I live in hope). Well done Fev - top result, and I really do hope you squeeze in the top four.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

10 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

Bloody hell Marley, you're even grumpier than me. :O If it were the Rams who'd won in Canada (and I doubt it ever will be) I would be ecstatic, not questioning the significance of the result, or pouring cold water on the celebrations. I'd also be going down the offie for a few more lottery tickets and a box of chocolates for the wife  anall (I live in hope). Well done Fev - top result, and I really do hope you squeeze in the top four.

:O think you probably want (no need) to add a space in that!

25 minutes ago, OldManMarley said:

I know what you mean mate but I just say it how it is! Haha!

BUT you don't say how it is if TWP had lost after say six games no one would have give a monkies but 21 wins on the bounce rattling in cricket scores along the way never looking like they would lose and the mantra of TWP Defend the Den so FEV winning is a little bit history making in itself

It must be me that’s missing something, I’m still reeling from the London game last week and if I’m honest, Fax. If it was a crucial game where we weren’t relying on others to slip up then Jesus, what an amazing turn around, but it’s very, very unlikely that we’ll progress to the middles, I’d love to be wrong.  We should be celebrating a hugh feat, having secured our place last week!! I’m with you OMM on this one........

1 hour ago, OldManMarley said:

Don’t talk wet man! It’s a good win, so what? Don’t we have any further aspirations? I definitely do say it how it is and I won’t celebrate this win unless we make the 4, if we don’t then too little too late for me fella.

Glad we didn't lose lol ? 

3 hours ago, OldManMarley said:

I just don’t agree with mass celebration, I don’t mind that the lads have put in a good dig, hats off, but history makers!? Please!?

This “first team to beat Toronto in Canada” is garbage, who was the first team to beat Catalan or Toulouse in France? That’s right, no ones bothered!? 

I’ll take my hat off to the lads on this one because it is a great result over there but I still feel that celebrations could wait. I find it all quite bizarre really?

Maybe Toronto and Catalan Didn't go nearly 2 years without a loss (sorry just read previous posts )

And i for 1 and like many others at fev and Toronto will remember this win for a long time so i guess that is history 

i still remember the cup game against c@s but we didn't win anything 

12 hours ago, OldManMarley said:

We have been in or around the top four all season and given ourselves a chance .. maybe just maybe the lads were celebrating that 

give them a break will ya !

Here's my opinion then. First of all you can't compare games from week to week, some weeks our discipline is ###### and our abilities with the ball and defensively are indifferent to say the least, one thing that can't be said of this group of players is not having the right commitment, even when we've played ###### we haven't put the white flag up. Going back to comparing games , for any team to score points all teams are reliant on the opposition making mistakes defensively. That win last night well if you can't celebrate  after that, I don't when you'd celebrate. Yes we've had injuries and suspensions but I for one won't blame that on our defeats. D/R is not something I like but I've had the pleasure of watching some talented players from Leeds this season.

3 hours ago, Auntie Ruth said:

It must be me that’s missing something, I’m still reeling from the London game last week and if I’m honest, Fax. If it was a crucial game where we weren’t relying on others to slip up then Jesus, what an amazing turn around, but it’s very, very unlikely that we’ll progress to the middles, I’d love to be wrong.  We should be celebrating a hugh feat, having secured our place last week!! I’m with you OMM on this one........

Aye.... the result in canada was a special one....

But I've still got munk on after the fax game and players getting suspended leaving us up sh it creek for the london game....

Just me..... but everything is NOT ok cos fev beat Toronto on their own patch.... no matter how good a victory that was

13 hours ago, OldManMarley said:

Got to agree.  A good win but this record breaking thing is embarrassing imo. Let's not forget that their unbeaten run was in the main against vastly inferior teams.  More significantly over the last few weeks this game had increasingly been seen by many as one we might just have a chance in - for various reasons. I'm not sure what Toronto's first choice team is but where were Patterson, Stanley, Wallace and O'Brien etc yesterday.  I know most won't agree but I can't be hypocritical as I've said in the past that Fax only won games at the end of last season in similar circumstances. Maybe more of an achievement was being one of the first teams to field 17 players in Toronto.

As with Briscoe's achievements, breaking records should be / will be massively overshadowed by the disastrous decisions on and off the field that have led to us throwing away the top 4 this year.

6 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

As with Briscoe's achievements, breaking records should be / will be massively overshadowed by the disastrous decisions on and off the field that have led to us throwing away the top 4 this year.

.....and if he played for Wigan or Saints he’d be on ‘A Question of Sport’.....

Robin I must be going soft because yes I do feel it when we lose, but life goes on. I can't alter anything that goes off on or off the field. All I can do is support the club. Like I say I must be going soft, but opinions are what keeps this forum alive and long may it be so. 

6 minutes ago, saddleworth said:

Now then, our Canadian cousins. What did you think to that then?.

well done to Fev..they deserved the win...and to be honest now we have the "never lost at home" monkey off our backs we can head into the quailes without worrying about that. its just too bad Fevs efforts were in vain the way Fax and London are doing.

1 hour ago, RobLambert said:

Got to agree.  A good win but this record breaking thing is embarrassing imo. Let's not forget that their unbeaten run was in the main against vastly inferior teams.  More significantly over the last few weeks this game had increasingly been seen by many as one we might just have a chance in - for various reasons. I'm not sure what Toronto's first choice team is but where were Patterson, Stanley, Wallace and O'Brien etc yesterday.  I know most won't agree but I can't be hypocritical as I've said in the past that Fax only won games at the end of last season in similar circumstances. Maybe more of an achievement was being one of the first teams to field 17 players in Toronto.

Bang on.

Archived