New Aussie PM big Rugby League fan

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Don't they all claim to be big RL fans?

When he was walking into the meeting for the leadership spill at Parliament House earlier today, the media asked for any tips he might have. He replied “Sharks to beat Newcastle on Sunday “

3 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Didn't John Howard claim to be a St George fan?

I seem to recall reading somewhere that John Howard's main sporting obsession was Cricket. He may have also enjoyed Rugby League, though.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I seem to recall reading somewhere that John Howard's main sporting obsession was Cricket. He may have also enjoyed Rugby League, though.

Definite Dragons fan. He was their #1 Ticket Holder.

Turnbull is a Roosters fan, he was sitting in the common seats during their away game against Cronulla.

Morrison... massive Sharks fan, much like the rest of his constituency.

12 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Malcolm, Turnbull is a Sydney Roosters fan. Scott Morrison looks like he favours Cronulla.

As long as they only pick Australians.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Pretty well all of the Prime Ministers that have come from NSW or Qld would have a connection to a Footy team.

Paul Keating was a big Canterbury Fan.

They are probably genuine fans and it  wouldn't harm your popularity in your local Electorate either.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

1 hour ago, deluded pom? said:

What are the chances of the number 1 ticket holder at both St George and Cronulla going on to become the Prime Minister of Australia? The odds must be phenomenal. 

Sometimes it's the other way around. The clubs make the PM their #1 ticket holder. Not sure if Brisbane does it but they would have made Kevin Rudd #1. The previous PM was a Manly fan but I don't know if they had a #1 ticket holder - maybe Lachlan Murdoch.

1 minute ago, Farmduck said:

Sometimes it's the other way around. The clubs make the PM their #1 ticket holder. Not sure if Brisbane does it but they would have made Kevin Rudd #1. The previous PM was a Manly fan but I don't know if they had a #1 ticket holder - maybe Lachlan Murdoch.

I was only kidding ducky ?

rldfsignature.jpg

Archived