30 Sept: Betfred League 1 Play-off Semi-Finals

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Bradford should just have enough against Oldham, I fancy it to be tight for 60 mins but they'll pull away. 32-16

As for Doncaster vs Workington, can't help but feel Workington peaked in the games against Bradford and York...Town Marras feel free to quote me on that on Sunday night if you win :-)

Doncaster have really come up the table quietly - it was only a couple of months ago a number of their fans were calling for the coach to go, DR with Hull to end immediately and Carl Hall to step down. They seem to be peaking at the right time and I'll tip them to win 24-12. 

Sets things up nicely. Also gets me thinking, will the 4 League 1 playoff teams fancy their chances in a one off match against Rochdale? As I don't think there's much difference between them all, makes for an exciting few weeks.

1 hour ago, AB Knight said:

it was only a couple of months ago a number of their fans were calling for the coach to go, DR with Hull to end immediately and Carl Hall to step down.

You'll have to link me some of these Donny fans' quotes. I myself didn't think they were good enough to make the play offs at one point of the season. I'm also not a fan of DR and Donny's reliance on it.  Good on them for turning things around.

rldfsignature.jpg

1 hour ago, deluded pom? said:

You'll have to link me some of these Donny fans' quotes. I myself didn't think they were good enough to make the play offs at one point of the season. I'm also not a fan of DR and Donny's reliance on it.  Good on them for turning things around.

Over on the Doncaster rlfans forum, Stand Offish was one, can't remember the other posters name. 

Yes there were people saying things like that (not me i should add). It came following a run where we dropped from 1st to 8th and lost our Marquee signing in the process to the club we were DR'd with. We weren't playing well and so everything was winding supporters up, Carl Hall took the brunt.

A couple of key signings and little more look injury wise and things have obviously turned round with 10 straight wins (a club record) so its quietened down; if we lose this weekend it'll probably start from some again.

4 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

You'll have to forgive me. I don't do RLFans

I don't blame you, I only browse there from time to time.

And not a dig at Doncaster, as any teams fans going through a bad patch will be frustrated, I remember some York fans were quite rightly annoyed when we lost to Oxford, hard to imagine that was just over a year ago!

My point was more about the good turnaround at the Keepmoat, as Jemmo says a club record run too. Should be a good crowd Sunday.

Probably won't be; I've seen people already moaning about having to pay £15 to get in! The tight gets only paid £60 for their season tickets!

I look over at what your lot have done, and I am talking off the pitch more than on, with great jealousy. Well done!

Bradford 48 Oldham 18  . Bradford are too strong at home against a hit and miss Oldham in a winner takes all format .

Doncaster 36 Workington 22 . again  Donny's home advantage and on a 10 game winning streak the momentum and confidence are there so will probably be too good for Workington 

17 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Bradford 0 Oldham 144

Beat me to it.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 hour ago, Jemmo said:

Probably won't be; I've seen people already moaning about having to pay £15 to get in! The tight gets only paid £60 for their season tickets!

I look over at what your lot have done, and I am talking off the pitch more than on, with great jealousy. Well done!

People are seriously moaning about that? What the hell do they want? It's a semi final ffs

1 hour ago, deluded pom? said:

Really? God forbid Donny win and they have to travel for the final AND pay at the gate.

What is wrong with people mate? U want success then u need to pay for it. Is this a problem endemic with Doncaster as a town? You make it cheap you devalue the product

7 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

What is wrong with people mate? U want success then u need to pay for it. Is this a problem endemic with Doncaster as a town? You make it cheap you devalue the product

No it’s not . I think when I pay that price here I’m paying to help my team and club improve . I want to watch good players , I’m helping get them 

14 minutes ago, DavidM said:

No it’s not . I think when I pay that price here I’m paying to help my team and club improve . I want to watch good players , I’m helping get them 

Agree. In this day and age it's the going rate. I'll pay what I can afford (which isn't much) lol

37 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

The ST worked out at less than a fiver a game for adults and kids went free. That’s a saving of more than £130, plus whatever it costs for concessions, if you paid on the gate at every match at the Keepmoat. I just don’t understand how people can whinge about having to pay for the play off matches after the huge savings they have had this season. As you said people want to see a winning team in with a chance of promotion. Do they think players are playing for free?

rldfsignature.jpg

7 hours ago, DEANO said:

Highest ranked. Toss of a coin between losing finalist and bottom of championship 

I can't see us (Oldham) beating Bradford, but if somehow that that cross division play off ends up being us and Rochdale I reckon a lot of our fans would rather lose the toss ?

15 hours ago, Jemmo said:

Jemmo, just clarify where the moaning has taken place. I have seen no hint of it on RL fans forum.  I thought the moaning brigade qualified for the ten pound concession ticket ?

“It is not revenge we want for poor people, but happiness; indeed, what revenge can be taken for all the thousands of years of the sufferings of the poor?”

Archived