Shopping List

andyacko

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Fev have released 10 players, 1 or 2 of them would do us, we are not going to sign S/L or top end Championship players, we dont have the money.

Crowds will be 2,000+ next season , speculate to accumulate .

1 minute ago, yck2017 said:

More interested in our retaining list right now, some quality young player's on our book's 

Think jo porter and Matt chiltern have massive potential, Jo has stepped up to the mark since he signed and is not scared of shining in front of big names, Matt has again proved in his short stint with YCK that he could  be a very usefull player and both still quiet young. With good coaching (James Ford) they could be big names of the future. Great find Fordy . 

1 hour ago, trig said:

Think jo porter and Matt chiltern have massive potential, Jo has stepped up to the mark since he signed and is not scared of shining in front of big names, Matt has again proved in his short stint with YCK that he could  be a very usefull player and both still quiet young. With good coaching (James Ford) they could be big names of the future. Great find Fordy . 

Fully agree Trig ,Fordy has a knack of spotting young quality players but how do we hold on to them when the bigger clubs come poching

Jon is spot on. In the last year we have gone from promotion hopefuls with an average attendance of 1,000 to a team that has stormed this league, losing just two games, with perhaps the sixth highest average attendance (AB may be able to confirm) outside the top flight. Already that has started to reduce the number of bigger clubs out there!

Add to that, we have a brilliant owner, the highly respected JF as coach, a fantastic team both on and off the field, some of the best training facilities in the land, a brand new stadium to move into next May, records and awards coming out of our ears, then the number of clubs a player would want to leave the Knights for reduces further still. 

A long way to go before that threat is distinguished altogether, but all we can do is keep doing the right things, keep progressing, keep growing, and make YORK CITY KNIGHTS the place that every player wants to be.

So, if you haven’t yet signed up for your season ticket for next season, now is your chance. ?

Just like to say very well done to all at the club. You've gone from having all the problems of the last chairman,the prospect of not being in existence and all the rest of it to turning in a season that the rest of us can only dream of. The turn around has been phenomenal and it's a result of unity, desire,a willingness to embrace the city and some good marketing. Good things can happen,it's just a case of being proactive enough to make them. Good luck in the championship,it's a damn sight more difficult up there but with the same grit that your guys have shown this season I'm sure you can hack it up there. York City knights have been the stand out club in the game this season for me.

41 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

Just like to say very well done to all at the club. You've gone from having all the problems of the last chairman,the prospect of not being in existence and all the rest of it to turning in a season that the rest of us can only dream of. The turn around has been phenomenal and it's a result of unity, desire,a willingness to embrace the city and some good marketing. Good things can happen,it's just a case of being proactive enough to make them. Good luck in the championship,it's a damn sight more difficult up there but with the same grit that your guys have shown this season I'm sure you can hack it up there. York City knights have been the stand out club in the game this season for me.

Thank you, although we are slightly biased, the fans are very proud of what the Knights have achieved, both on and off the field this season. Good luck to your lads today.

7 hours ago, Haxbytyke said:

Thank you, although we are slightly biased, the fans are very proud of what the Knights have achieved, both on and off the field this season. Good luck to your lads today.

We won't be joining you because we were sh#t. Yes we were that bad.

42 minutes ago, William Webb Ellis said:

Commiserations - must admit I was a bit surprised when I saw the scoreline.

We were absolutely disgraceful. I'm Oldham through and through but even I applauded Bradford's last three tries such was the ineptitude of Oldham. Could've spent the £5 parking and £20 admission more wisely. Not a happy bunny.????

On 9/30/2018 at 7:07 AM, Fenton Knight said:

Jon is spot on. In the last year we have gone from promotion hopefuls with an average attendance of 1,000 to a team that has stormed this league, losing just two games, with perhaps the sixth highest average attendance (AB may be able to confirm) outside the top flight.

Just to go even further, there's been a 280% increase in average crowds in the last 4 years.

I don't keep records for the Championship (that will change in 2019!) but I assume the following teams averaged more than York for 2018:

Bradford
Featherstone
Halifax
Leigh
Toulouse
Toronto

2 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Just to go even further, there's been a 280% increase in average crowds in the last 4 years.

I remember in 2014 when we came top, about 750 odd there to see it.

Don't let anyone tell you it's just success on the pitch that brings crowds in.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

On 9/28/2018 at 10:48 AM, davet said:

I remember after a previous promotion we signed Simon Brown who had been a world (well championship) beater at Sheffield and he never really did anything for us.

Granted he had a couple of injuries, but half the time he just didn't seem that interested.

Agree with that! He always seemed to stroll around the field as though he was above playing for us.

He hasn't done a lot since he left us either.

My thoughts for what it's worth on 4 of the players who have been mentioned on this thread all of whom, by the way, I think are cracking good players. Joel Edwards might have returned to Australia but isn't that what most of the Aussies do in the off season? They go home to see family and friends and have a holiday then they go into pre season training with whichever club they're-signed with. That could be anywhere, even the Knights with a bit of luck! As for J.B.F. as has been said, he's had a few injuries and the same could be said of Colton Roche but Mike Kelly had had a few injuries before he joined us but I think he's been an excellent stand in when called upon. James Donaldson seems to have established himself in Hull K.R.'s first team which I would think rules him out of joining us and one more I'll throw in for good measure, Kris Brining seems to be well thought of at Salford and the only reason he hasn't played this season is because of the serious neck operation he had early in the season. I would have thought if and when he gets back playing again it will be with Salford.

Just whilst I'm on here, I haven't seen anyone mention after clinching the title, Jon Flatman said in a Radio York interview a few minutes after the game had ended, he'd already had 3 calls from agents and 2 from players wanting to sign for York. Whether he was kidding or not I don't know but for those long enough in the tooth to remember him, it seemed like a statement straight out of the Gary Cooper repertoire.

Archived