2019 kits (Merged Threads)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mattrhino said:

I just hate those Global badges, it really ruins every Leeds shirt. It would look so much better with just the badge and only one sponsor on the other side.

I feel the replica shirts for the fans should have less of the sponsors.

Sponsor want to be on replica shirts. Manchester United sell millions of replica shirt worldwide, just think how many people see Chevrolet on their shirts.

Although I agree sponsors should be intergrated better

1 minute ago, Mr Plow said:

Sponsor want to be on replica shirts. Manchester United sell millions of replica shirt worldwide, just think how many people see Chevrolet on their shirts.

I do wonder about advertising though, I know some gullible people get taken in by it but how many people have actually turned round and thought, I'm gonna buy a chevrolet, off the back of it being on a shirt?

1 minute ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I do wonder about advertising though, I know some gullible people get taken in by it but how many people have actually turned round and thought, I'm gonna buy a chevrolet, off the back of it being on a shirt?

Just an example, i see lots of jaguar adverts but I haven’t gone out to buy one ect ect

21 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

Yeah the major ones I don't mind. But it's those little awful ones that look so out of place and make the shirt look rubbish no matter how good the design might be.

19 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

Just an example, i see lots of jaguar adverts but I haven’t gone out to buy one ect ect

On a smaller scale, a hairdresser in lezignan has given a small sponsorship to the club and a small discount for all players in the club from u 7 to the first team, as she's done this I'm now going to take my kids there as she's invested in our club. 

Im sure if fans had the choice between two certain brands of something they'd choose the one that sponsored their club or rugby league. 

24 minutes ago, Mattrhino said:

Yeah the major ones I don't mind. But it's those little awful ones that look so out of place and make the shirt look rubbish no matter how good the design might be.

Yeah I do look at some shirts and wonder ‘could you fit anymore sponsors on that?’

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

On a smaller scale, a hairdresser in lezignan has given a small sponsorship to the club and a small discount for all players in the club from u 7 to the first team, as she's done this I'm now going to take my kids there as she's invested in our club. 

Im sure if fans had the choice between two certain brands of something they'd choose the one that sponsored their club or rugby league. 

Agree. I joined First Utility when I changed energy supplier and one of the main factors was their SL sponsorship at the time.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

14 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Leeds’ away is another example of awful away kits. 

It does look better in person. My main issue is that it almost looks like a training shirt rather than a proper kit. I can 100%see leeds bringing out a 3rd shirt this year.

12 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

Huddersfield's kit colours/design has never been static. They played in navy blue prior to adopting claret and gold. They also played in white during the 1890s.

And Hull KR originally played in blue and red but which colours and design are they synonymous with? Until recently Hull wore black and white irregular hoops as their home shirt (don’t get me started on black shorts) You get tradition by sticking with something over decades not flitting from one thing to another for a few more quid.

rldfsignature.jpg

8 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

It does look better in person. My main issue is that it almost looks like a training shirt rather than a proper kit. I can 100%see leeds bringing out a 3rd shirt this year.

I don’t mind these away kits Leeds bring out but I’d like a traditional one once in a while. I think 2010 must be the last time we had a yellow away strip

31 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

I don’t mind these away kits Leeds bring out but I’d like a traditional one once in a while. I think 2010 must be the last time we had a yellow away strip

Given there are no predominantly yellow-shirted teams, I think the Leeds away strip should always just be the colour reverse of their main shirt, much like Parra, who've had some good yellow shirts which are immediately identifiable as Parra.

Away_Jersey_-_Front.jpg

lukeburt-lead.jpg?center=0.26,0.44&prese

1 hour ago, Farmduck said:

Given there are no predominantly yellow-shirted teams, I think the Leeds away strip should always just be the colour reverse of their main shirt, much like Parra, who've had some good yellow shirts which are immediately identifiable as Parra.

Away_Jersey_-_Front.jpg

lukeburt-lead.jpg?center=0.26,0.44&prese

Yeah something like the one we used in the WCC v Melbourne 

64EC34A8-706E-45DE-BEF2-2A959C65E279.jpeg

2 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

Isn't a predominantly white strip, our traditional away kit? - Certainly from what i know of the 80's and 90's it was.

Admittedly it was mainly the 'cup' strip, but the jersey we won the 2017 Grand Final in was what I would deem a passable Leeds 'away' jersey.

Interesting side note on sales - 

I visited Newcastle Knights after Leeds' game in Melbourne at the start of the year.

The merchandise manager was around in the offices and we got talking.

He said he'd recently met with ISC and funnily enough Leeds was discussed. I don't know how true this is but he freely stated that 'you guys (Leeds) sell tons of jerseys each year, around 30,000, and about as much as the entire NRL'.

I assume we sell a fair number given our size but would never think it was that much -  and would be surprised the NRL sells so little - anyway...

5 minutes ago, jamesdavidmurphy said:

Isn't a predominantly white strip, our traditional away kit? - Certainly from what i know of the 80's and 90's it was.

Admittedly it was mainly the 'cup' strip, but the jersey we won the 2017 Grand Final in was what I would deem a passable Leeds 'away' jersey.

Interesting side note on sales - 

I visited Newcastle Knights after Leeds' game in Melbourne at the start of the year.

The merchandise manager was around in the offices and we got talking.

He said he'd recently met with ISC and funnily enough Leeds was discussed. I don't know how true this is but he freely stated that 'you guys (Leeds) sell tons of jerseys each year, around 30,000, and about as much as the entire NRL'.

I assume we sell a fair number given our size but would never think it was that much -  and would be surprised the NRL sells so little - anyway...

I suppose club colours are blue, ‘amber’ and white. Away strips could alternate each year between yellow, white and a one off shirt. Wakefield seems to be doing that alternating each shirt between blue, white and red.

im surprised Leeds sell that many shirts. I’d be interested in seeing each clubs merchandise revenues in SL or NRL to compare

15 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

I suppose club colours are blue, ‘amber’ and white. Away strips could alternate each year between yellow, white and a one off shirt. Wakefield seems to be doing that alternating each shirt between blue, white and red.

im surprised Leeds sell that many shirts. I’d be interested in seeing each clubs merchandise revenues in SL or NRL to compare

I like that rotation idea - I think it keeps it honest. When we brought he pink and navy strip out, I liked it - it was different and simple.

Then Leeds got all excited and brought out another pink (and less appealing grey) shirt only the year after.

With regards to the quote of sales, I was surprised too but he must have got an idea from somewhere.

No one I know would care to hear that anecdote and I thought it worthy of sharing on this thread even though it may be disproved.

20 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I can guarantee you will have bought something because of an advert whether you realise it or not.

Chevrolet don’t sponsor Man United just to sell a few cars, its all about brand recognition and association.

3 hours ago, Monkey Lover said:

I would be careful how you describe London Broncos on there. They are not your ‘sponsor’ and I believe if you haven’t already you will be getting warned very soon about the use of the badge. 

Its a community partnership which means any amateur London club can use the badge on the sleeve. 

OK.  Thanks for telling me what actually happened in said discussion.

On 11/30/2018 at 10:03 PM, deluded pom? said:

St George will use the red V in most of their matches in 2019. Huddersfield will use a chevron in most of their matches in 2029. I know which one is the club who sold out. Huddersfield historically haven’t had a main home shirt with a chevron. Just because they have previously used an alternate shirt with a chevron doesn’t make it right IMO. 

We've had plenty of home shirts with a chevron in the past, claret body, gold V - have a look at the pics myself and others posted !

Archived