Official Club Statement.

WTRLFC WEBSITE

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

King of Leon you should know by now that teams often put 17 names on their team sheet for matches in order that they don’t get a fine from the RFL.  That doesn’t mean they have 17 players. Our neighbours Whitehaven have used that several times this season to keep the RFL off their backs.   

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

9 minutes ago, Keith T said:

King of Leon you should know by now that teams often put 17 names on their team sheet for matches in order that they don’t get a fine from the RFL.  That doesn’t mean they have 17 players. Our neighbours Whitehaven have used that several times this season to keep the RFL off their backs.   

Indeed . They’ve named them . Wilkes Penky Perry coming on is another matter 

27 minutes ago, The King Of Leon said:

no but ive just backed Worky in a private bet  , only Tyson and Woods to stop

Good for you mate but don’t bank on penky and Wilkes playing. Still doing ok tho we’ve just got back in it. UTT

2 hours ago, Keith T said:

What regulation does that fall under Keith? No fine for not naming 17 on the team sheet. But hey it’s an excuse to bring Haven into it so that’s OK. See you next season.

5 minutes ago, dkw said:

Nice to see the rfl twitter account Congratulating seinton on the win, not a single mention of towns effort though. 

You’d think they’d just keep quiet . This won’t be forgotten . 

Penky was sub, only warmed up for 5 mins, leg heavily strapped, Olly didn't warm up, penky played 5 mins tops as did Olly, Perry put his hand up to play but not fully fit, them lads and the rest are heroes, people can say what they like we didn't have a Full Fit team to play but the lads played for the badge and that will do me. 

Well done swinton good luck next year, a great match with both teams giving everything for their club. 

I am one proud Town fan tonight UTT. 

3 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Penky was sub, only warmed up for 5 mins, leg heavily strapped, Olly didn't warm up, penky played 5 mins tops as did Olly, Perry put his hand up to play but not fully fit, them lads and the rest are heroes, people can say what they like we didn't have a Full Fit team to play but the lads played for the badge and that will do me. 

Well done swinton good luck next year, a great match with both teams giving everything for their club. 

I am one proud Town fan tonight UTT. 

What a contrast between what the club and these players have done this week and how they’ve conducted themselves  and the utter $hithouse tactics of the rfl .

3 hours ago, The King Of Leon said:

Its a miracle , Worky have got 17 playing and Penky also is in !!

Wilkes lasted 5 mins, 

Penky maybe 10

Singleton 15. 

No miracle, no smokescreen they just had a go. 

And it told ,we were out on our feet at 70. 

A word for the lads , the effort was amazing. The support was also fantastic. 

Really enjoyed the season. 

2 hours ago, Marrafan said:

What regulation does that fall under Keith? No fine for not naming 17 on the team sheet. But hey it’s an excuse to bring Haven into it so that’s OK. See you next season.

Keith's a decent fella marra he won't have been looking to stir out just stating facts 

Absolutely unbelievable effort from all the boys today,  big shout for those guys who still took the field even though obviously shot, every little helped but we understandably ran out of steam with 15 to go. Dont want to single any one out but unbelievable efforts from Dawson, Olstrum and Dickinson. 

53 minutes ago, donald said:

Keith's a decent fella marra he won't have been looking to stir out just stating facts 

Correct.

It used to be something clubs would be fined for hence why Town filled a bench at Gateshead with unfit players a few years back 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

1 hour ago, town blue said:

And on top if that we lost Olstrum for a large part of the game. Absolute heroes every single one of them. After listening to the good coverage on RC Dawson and the Mellor appeared to have had immense games.  

Karl was in tears at the end, the lad gave everything for the club today. He was injured early on but still tried his best and that's all us supporters can ask for, cheers Mr Olstrum 1 of the best. 

2 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Karl was in tears at the end, the lad gave everything for the club today. He was injured early on but still tried his best and that's all us supporters can ask for, cheers Mr Olstrum 1 of the best. 

We need to sign him for next year

1 hour ago, donald said:

I have no doubt he is a decent fella Donald as I am sure you and many more on this forum are. Am I not a decent person because I question what he says and what others say at times? It is a forum after all and should be a place where debate and opinion should be welcomed.

4 minutes ago, Brookie said:

We need to sign him for next year

We certainly do but he will be a target for our neighbours too now they have a new coach. I think we will be stronger than them next season so hopefully that will influence decisions

So sorry for you guys. It would have been great to have you back. Your most important game of the season and due to no fault of you own, you had to go away with a depleted squad. I think the RL plan is to have a Super League with a second division of feeder clubs.

4 minutes ago, town4me said:

We certainly do but he will be a target for our neighbours too now they have a new coach. I think we will be stronger than them next season so hopefully that will influence decisions

Different coaches, but same board. Can’t see him going anywhere near. Hopefully he’s already in talks as we need him to kick on next year. The lads been immense and apart from 1 missed bus has seemed to have matured massively since returning. Remember haven basically sacked him. I can’t see him ever returning to them 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Archived