Newton

Hate the rec

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Can’t quite believe what I’ve read on here regarding the coach and losing players. With absolutely no disrespect to the players concerned 2 of those mentioned would not, in my opinion, be good enough were we to get into the championship. If you read a tweet on the twitter page someone who had spoken to Newts said he wanted to stay at Town but Leon couldn’t guarantee him game time. Leon has been up front with that and at least gave the lad an opportunity to move if he wanted to. A coach lives and dies by his decisions so no doubt he will have made what he thinks is the correct one. Although it would be wonderful if we could have 25 Cumbrians in the squad it just won’t happen. It didn’t happen in our most successful times and won’t happen now. Of those that have re signed a common theme seems to be how well looked after they are and how happy they and their families are at the club. That doesn’t sound to me as though there is too much wrong. By the very nature of team sport players move on for whatever reason, some for money, some because they don’t get on with the coach/manager, some for perceived career progression, some because they want a change. That is life, but to blame a coach who has pumped new life into the club is in my view  ridiculous. No doubt the proof of the pudding is in the eating so we’ll just have to see how we go this season,  but I for one am excited about what lies ahead and hopefully everyone can get behind the club.

Well said marra, now can we move on newts has left the building. UTT

5 hours ago, oldrake9 said:

Because I do

Unbelievable,  you slate Leon and state all the reasons players left as undeniable fact. Then when challenged of the validity of your claim, your reply is "Because I do" ??  Well that convinced me!!!

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

On 11/25/2018 at 12:35 PM, Big Yin said:

Be carful GT they will be attacking you yo should know by now your not allowed an opinion in here unless it’s positive. Too many blinkered people just thinking everything is hunky dory 

Most of us on here had you sussed from the off Big Yawn can you show me a post you made that wasn't being negative or having a dig at the club you claim to follow. I doubt it.

Very sad to see Newts go, I hated him playing for haven but warmed go him immediately when he pulled the shirt on. Never gave less than 100 % for the team but I do agree with an earlier post that he didn't get us moving forward at times, I thought he took us sidewards instead of scooting from the play the ball. When he did decide to go forward he was very effective maybe he was told not to, who knows. Thanks for your efforts Newts .

56 minutes ago, donald said:

Well that's a crack at wrk put to bed was told this morning sammutt tickle and shaun lunt when he recovers where all signing.

There’s some people with vivid imaginations Donald! Don’t think there was really any chance of Sammut coming and Lunt is still contracted to K R. Oh for the season to start, squad assembled and then all rumours can be put to bed till next year!

50 minutes ago, LancashireTown said:

Pre season underway, wish we’d start announcing some more of our signings soon (4 that I know of) seems like we’re always last to officially complete our squad. 

See where you're coming from but I think the club seem to be having a gradual build to up the season, with announcements spread out to build the excitement.

12 minutes ago, Town Army said:

See where you're coming from but I think the club seem to be having a gradual build to up the season, with announcements spread out to build the excitement.

I thought that Tickle was a done deal? It was was according to the font of all things RL

3 hours ago, LancashireTown said:

He is a done deal, he’ll be joining training This week with a few others Signings.

Tickle, cain and Stefan marsh am lead to believe. Couple of local been asked if they want to train pre season 

Archived