Thur 7 Feb: SL: Hull FC v Castleford Tigers KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/02/19 at 19:45

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Difficult to know what to think as a Hull fan currently. 

There were a lot of positives to take from that. I thought some of our ball movement and variety in attack was as good as it has been for a long time. We made a really good Cas side work very hard for that, and on another day with a bit of luck we would have won. But losing is a habit, and we are addicts atm. 

4 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Shaul best player on field tonight, Will Lee Radford get another job if/when he gets sacked from Hull.

Agree to be honest.  Thought Watts was better than the 2 Cas players he mentioned and MOM tends to go to a player on the winning side so thought I had a shout!

11 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

What did he gain then? Can you only ever injure yourself with noticeable contact?

A rest when his team needed it, kill the clock when you have a narrow lead, frustrate the opposition, the advantages of this sort of gamesmanship are endless.

If a player claims a neck injury, then force him off the pitch just like concussion. 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

7 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

we weren't the better team, Cas were, the scoreline tells you everything you need to know.

Well that's not the game I watched and I'm a neutral.

Ball came loose in a cas carry, penalty Cas

Ball came loose in a hull carry ruled a loose carry

Ball bounces on line and decision goes to Cas

Cas deliberately taking too long to form  the scrum including throwing the ball away. Shouldxhave been penalised.

Hull were the best team in attack also

6 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Carlos has been average, Matongo, Paea even Westerman nowhere near, Lane has done alright, Thompson was a utility back originally and has an engine but isn't a bustling forward, more a wide runner but we don't play that game. Manu and Mini both big earners are simply wasted money!!

These are the coaches decisions to retain these players, it's his job to make the best of what is virtually a fully fit team barring Bowden and Kelly. 

With a bit of luck Radford will be gone before Easter!

I'll give you Paea, Mini and to some extent Manu. There are things to like about Matongo but ultimately a prop is judged on the metres they make in my book, and he just doesn't make many. But I thought Westerman went really well considering this was his first game in god knows how long. I think he will be a real asset as he gets back up to speed. 

The trouble is, what's the answer? I like Fash, he is hard as nails and has a good engine, but with the best will in the world he isn't going to come in and suddenly start blasting holes and running over people. Bienek is injured. Is it worth having a look at Nzoungou? Is it too early to be talking about Brown? 

1 minute ago, yipyee said:

Cas deliberately taking too long to form  the scrum including throwing the ball away. Shouldxhave been penalised.

Well that simply isn't possible so Ive no idea where you got from. 

2 minutes ago, yipyee said:

yet we scored 5 tries to 3

now that IS lucky

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

3 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Did the clock run down? if not, then you are totally and utterly, 100% wrong

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

4 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Get to bed lad you seem hammered.

4 minutes ago, yipyee said:

I'm a Hull fan but I just can't really agree with you. Yes we got a few tough calls against us but Cas ultimately deserved the win. 

3 minutes ago, yipyee said:

What Cas were doing was running the shot clock close to time and then try and catch Hull out by packing close to the time-out and then Hull then over-running the clock. 

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, Padge said:

A rest when his team needed it, kill the clock when you have a narrow lead, frustrate the opposition, the advantages of this sort of gamesmanship are endless.

If a player claims a neck injury, then force him off the pitch just like concussion. 

Also took himself out of the game for a spell before the doctor came on.  Hull were deep in their own half.  Huge advantage.  

Why should a neck injury be treated differently to a back injury or a knee injury?

12 minutes ago, MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield said:

You have to fear for Radford now.

I aren't actively calling for his head, but I am now at the point where I would be quite happy for him to move on. 

However I don't think he is anywhere near getting the sack yet. I honestly think that if we go 20 games without a win he will still be there. 

Just now, JohnM said:

The "throwing the ball away incident" towards the end? Looked more like 2 balls on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

Also took himself out of the game for a spell before the doctor came on.  Hull were deep in their own half.  Huge advantage.  

Why should a neck injury be treated differently to a back injury or a knee injury?

If you can't see what is going on here then I can't help you, this is not a Cas tonights game thing this is becoming a scourge that all teams are indulging in.

Rubbing your neck is almost a secret signal to the doctor to come because we need to regroup.

Its bollards and it needs sorting. I am all for player welfare but I am absolutely against players taking the p!$$.

The reason we originally went down the route of playing around injured players was because this nonsense was going on.

2 minutes ago, Padge said:

If you can't see what is going on here then I can't help you, this is not a Cas tonights game thing this is becoming a scourge that all teams are indulging in.

Rubbing your neck is almost a secret signal to the doctor to come because we need to regroup.

Its bollards and it needs sorting. I am all for player welfare but I am absolutely against players taking the p!$$.

The reason we originally went down the route of playing around injured players was because this nonsense was going on.

So back to my initial point, how do you know he was pretending his neck was hurting?

Archived