Signings???

troutmaster

Hi,Anyone know about any signings.There was a little bit by Big yin that Sam hopkins was signing and i think old rake provided us with 2 initials.I like big Hopkins,another big forward to the pack,And if jonny golding was available he would be also be a good aquisition to our club..Thankyou...

Ffmm, Hopkins and goulding are all props are they not? Do we need another 3 and can we afford these?

Half back cover is there in Sutton 

But a hooker replacement for penky is still a must.

Rumblings about 3 current players leaving also? One maulding has gone to kells although never seen that announced?

No friendly a week out is that not a concern?

A little official update wouldn't go a miss.

We only have Barnes on loan who no one can gripe about , and of course no DR yet so I’d be mystified how anyone could be feeling kept out before we’ve gone anywhere . Obviously you need a squad and DR as a back up to bolster it so there’s gonna be competition for places . All the BOD and Leon are trying to do is get the best squad possible . Players should back themselves and strive to learn  and improve up against the competition and if that’s not your mentality maybe we don’t want you anyway 

18 minutes ago, DavidM said:

We only have Barnes on loan who no one can gripe about , and of course no DR yet so I’d be mystified how anyone could be feeling kept out before we’ve gone anywhere . Obviously you need a squad and DR as a back up to bolster it so there’s gonna be competition for places . All the BOD and Leon are trying to do is get the best squad possible . Players should back themselves and strive to learn  and improve up against the competition and if that’s not your mentality maybe we don’t want you anyway 

Well said fella.

Usual depressing read due to the negativity of our fans!

dear club please comment on rumours, meh Loan and DR what about local jobs for local lads etc

The board are trying to build a team to win promotion and one capable of getting bums on seats in the new stadium if a player wants to leave after the first friendly then so be it. Hopkins will be a good signing as I'm sure we will be playing with a prop at 13 all season so we probably need more props as a result

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Hopkins would be a tremendous signing to further strengthen our already very strong pack, I am sure players will knuckle down and all strive for the jersey, either travellers or locals, agree with GT this is the best squad we have had for years.onwards and hopefully upwards too.

1 hour ago, Brookie said:

I'm not surprised Kurt has gone, and others leaving when they are being kept out by loan signings and dr. 

Surely we expect the coach to pick his strongest 17, do we not?

If a player is not prepared to play for his chance and place in the team on merit as opposed to 'being local'  then maybe amateur level is where they are at.

I may be wrong but can't remember anyone leaving simply because Mudge, Paskins, Kerr, Mills, Mulligan or Pickering etc arrived!

Never knowingly positive. If someone spits the dummy after 1 match tata. Brookie and haven hater get a grip buds. I'm as excited as i have been for years. Maybe one of the board can come round to your house to have a gossip over a cup of tea. When the club announces it its fact - until then its just whatsapp rumours. 

1 hour ago, Brookie said:

I'm not surprised Kurt has gone, and others leaving when they are being kept out by loan signings and dr. 

What a ridiculous statement before a ball has been kicked in anger. Caine is a Cumbrian on a season long loan, remind me of the dr players who kept anybody out of the friendlies?  Anybody who has decided to leave before the season starts hasn’t had their heart in it anyway. I don’t think anybody has a god given right to get selected so if they want to move good luck  to them.

How on earth can someone leave because they have been left out for DR without us even actually playing a single league game? Some people really are desperate to bring negativity wherever possible, its absolutely pathetic. What exactly do you want us to do then, not sign better players in case it upsets someone? Just stay still and never progress? 

2 hours ago, gillmeister said:

Usual depressing read due to the negativity of our fans!

dear club please comment on rumours, meh Loan and DR what about local jobs for local lads etc

The board are trying to build a team to win promotion and one capable of getting bums on seats in the new stadium if a player wants to leave after the first friendly then so be it. Hopkins will be a good signing as I'm sure we will be playing with a prop at 13 all season so we probably need more props as a result

He’s a bit of a ball playing prop , which we need , so could fit that role really well . I think he’s done it before 

1 hour ago, Hate the rec said:

I hear he was at training last night , would be a great addition to an already strong pack, lets hope its true.

Dickinson was tremendous for us last year so Hopkins would be a direct replacement. I've struggled to find Olstrum s best position but watching him the other week at hooker darting from the PTB and offloading why not? We're not short of running forwards. 

Yeah Hopkins would be a great addition. Probably freeing up stevie scholey to play more 2nd row/loose. Kurt apparently spat the dummy because he did t get picked against haven. Not sure where he sees himself, but he’s not a patch on ell and perry at centre and he’s never dislodging his brother or cain from 2nd row anytime soon 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Pity Kurt left,but was not has good has his brother,bringing in Sutton was surely a better replacement, and if we get Hopkins who is a very good player it will be a formidable pack.I have seen golding a few times and he his a good player,and after watching Olstrum he looks to be a backup for hooking role, and all is looking good for the coming season, If we then get fui fui back on the field we should be a top 2 side..

30 minutes ago, wonky said:

Yeah Hopkins would be a great addition. Probably freeing up stevie scholey to play more 2nd row/loose. Kurt apparently spat the dummy because he did t get picked against haven. Not sure where he sees himself, but he’s not a patch on ell and perry at centre and he’s never dislodging his brother or cain from 2nd row anytime soon 

100%,  Stevie is an out and out workhorse well suited to lock in today's game where the position is an extra middle, Totally suits his size, engine and style of play.

Liked Kurt as an honest local lad but to be fair he was probably always only ever gonna be a bench player.

12 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Olstrum spelling at hooker isn't one for me he needs more minutes taking ball in not setting up plays

To me he’s a natural 13 with his style , and it’ll be interesting how Leon wants to go with that spot . If we don’t get a 9 that might be forced on him and he’s git plenty of competition now . But we have options in the pack . Either way you’d want him in your 17 .Behind the pack  a bit less room for manoeuvre if we get injuries 

1 hour ago, town4me said:

I am guessing elliot will move to FB to  cover for fieldhouse

Id like to keep him in the centres. Him and Caine on that side of the field will get us tries for fun everytime we can get them one on one with there opposite defenders 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Archived