North Wales predictions

Cl1998

Disjointed first half, we seemed to think it was going to be too easy after 2 early tries and just stopped playing. Much more urgent in defense once Leon got stuck into them at half time and won quite comfortably. 

Good say results wise too with donny and Newcastle both surprisingly losing. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We tend to play to the level of the opposition under Leon. Not sure why, but we’ve scored 48 points and we’re nowhere near the level we all know they can produce. Thought forber played well again, Roche was the standout in the pack and hopefully he’s a regular up here this season. I agree on the point about rooke, he’s better than both the lads on the wings today. Not sure the crack on Karl but off both performances this year he would be in over Gordon for me. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Have to agree we played in patches again, but make no mistake NWC are a decent side, and in the end we won comfortabley, Wilkes, Penky, Buffer, Tickle stand outs today and Elliot had them terrified on the right hand side. Think Fui would have totally destroyed them in the 2nd half, good to see him at the game. Onwards to Donny next week.

4 minutes ago, Town Army said:

Rookes a bit of liability for me.

Agree Walsh made a couple of errors but still think he's a level above Rooke as are Senior and Worthington

The thing I liked is he always came back to get involved over n over . Great attitude to do his bit . I don’t mind Rooke actually on the  wing . He looks lively when he’s had a chance and is a real trier . Not knocking Senior but he looked a kid who hasn’t grew into any real strength yet 

3 minutes ago, Town Army said:

Agree Walsh made a couple of errors but still think he's a level above Rooke as are Senior and Worthington

Senior looked lightweight and didn’t exactly run the ball out with any conviction. Not sure what Walsh has done to warrant being a level above Scott tbh

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Good job we’re winning 

The squad have started the season great with two excellent wins. Still plenty of improvement to be made and that’s exciting thing.

in the next few weeks we could make massive strides towards achieving the seasons goals with or without Karl 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Leon knows what he is doing and getting someone else in for the other wing is fine by me.

As for walsh he is 4 games into a career after a move from the amateurs, give him a break. He dropped one high ball but apart from that what did he do wrong?

Hope karls back soon whatever is going on there but for me he doesn't just take Gordon's place. 2 games 2 trys 2 wins.

Glad to see Hopkins today but he was a bit off the pace and tried a bit too hard and gave a few pens and dropped balls so will need a little more game time to see the best of him.

We do need Penky protected big style, he can win us most games but he isn't 21.

Tickle is also the unsung hero of the 2 games setting up the boys talking and doing his bit. He is a great player.

Glad to get the win today. Elliot mom for me.

Utt.

Next week is a big big big game and if we concede like we did today I think we could be beaten.

13 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Tickle is also the unsung hero of the 2 games setting up the boys talking and doing his bit. He is a great player.

This is so important . Watch guys like him and Penky then they’re talking , directing getting into the players all the time . Experience plays a huge part getting  you out of this league . Then there’s Wilkes who just leads by example , he astounds me out there week in week out . By the way you could hear their line constantly shouting ‘ Penky Penky , watch Penky ‘ ... knowing it and stopping it are two different things 

53 minutes ago, Town Army said:

Must  mean Keith Senior then,  cause that lad looked out of his depth to me on that performance, no disrespect to the kid but he was lost

Very patchy performance but a very good win and to score 48 without hitting top gear say's something about this team.I was worried though with the bench only having forwards and would like to see Butterworth back as cover for Penky and Tom Holmes if available as half Back cover.

Lets see what happens next week at Donny but would be great to be 3 from 3 before the Siddal game.Also well done to the Crusaders fans today who were sat around me in the Grandstand and certainly got behind their team and seem to love Mr Sweet as much as we do.

Agree with most comments on here  , good win and goes to show you can`t take your foot of the pedal against anyone in this league .Colton Roach impressed again , Penky and Wilkes outstanding , everyone contributed well , and Carl kicking 8 from 8 had a big say in keeping us ahead when it got a bit tight  , next week will show us how good we are but we should go their with confidence expecting to win .UTT. Good crowd too , Crusaders will give any Team a run for their money and will probably be disappointed with the scoreline .

That was a hard fought win. Credit to crusaders who will shock a few teams this season. We never seemed to hit top gear but still scored 8 tries and could probably have had a couple more if the last pass had gone to hand. Penky just continues to be our number 1 go to player, apart from a couple of loose passes today everything comes from him. Hope we can keep him fit because he is one player that you couldn’t really replace. 

I hope Scott Rooke gets a chance because he showed at the backend of last season against Bradford and Swinton he could more than hold his own. 

Next week will be a big test, Donny coming off the back of a defeat will want to get back on track, but if we can go and win there we will really have put a marker down for the season. Here’s hoping we can do it. 

Agree with most. Very patchy today. The massive plus is we have 2 wins, knowing fine well we have another 2 or 3 gears in us.

Trying not to be too harsh on Hopkins. But on that showing. Tom Curwen shouldn't lose a place to him. Tom played as if he was playing for his place and it showed. Rooke deserves a start if that's what DR we are replacing him with? 

Les Smallwood has said there is room left in our budget. And for me it should be prioritised on a hooker. Penky is vital for us and needs to be managed best we can.

Tough trip next week. But I'm backing us to go 3 from 3.

It was a very patchy performance, great start then awful 20 minutes before halftime, second half was very similar but the crusaders are no mugs and will trouble most teams this season. Perry, Penky Elliot and Buffer were superb for us and Tom Curwen had his best game for a while. If we can come away from Donny with the points next week it will be a superb start to the season. It was great to see a healthy crowd today it was a lot more than I expected due to the big football games on the box, it was a lovely day to watch RL and on any other day I think we would have topped a thousand no problem. UTT

Archived