Toronto Wolfpack in The Sunday Telegraph (UK)

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

26 minutes ago, Loup said:

"What do Wolfpack bring to UK rugby league ... oh wait ... coverage in a major weekend paper?"

Of particular note, 42% of casual ticket buyers for Toronto games are millenials and 40% are women.

No shortage of real ale and gin drinkers in most towns these days

A national newspaper based in London printing a positive story on Rugby League, great news,

please stop knocking Toronto, they are good for the game,

15 minutes ago, owls said:

A national newspaper based in London printing a positive story on Rugby League, great news,

please stop knocking Toronto, they are good for the game,

10 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

Priceless exposure for our game which is good to see

Just imagine what exposure a transatlantic RL equivalent of Super Rugby and Pro14 with its franchises all located in major world-class cities like Toronto, London and New York could get for the sport.

25 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

They will have to do something drastic to dominate the world, a bad team badly  coached.

If take the time to read the report, it's pretty clear that David Argyle said that tongue-in-cheek in reply to one of the reporter's questions.

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

They will have to do something drastic to dominate the world, a bad team badly  coached.

Harry come on!...whats with the temper tantrum?...you guys lost fair and square and you know it.

You know the Wolfpack is destined to be like a rocket and the top predator in those parts over there...that was all settled last year when we took down the Rhinos so easily///you can't stop a tidal wave.

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Crikey, don’t mince your words! 

They could be a good side with a ###### coach which is why they aren’t winning 50-0 each week. Or they could be a ###### side with a good coach which is why they are top of the table. Or am I missing something here?

From what I’ve seen they’re a fine side (and without dual registration), albeit they’re still a couple players short of a genuine SL strength side. That being said they’d probably still hold their own against at least a couple of current SL teams.

There must be a a lot of ###### teams with abysmal coaches out there then!

6 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Ya, a 4-0 record,  all road games,  and surrendering only 2 tries in those games, just SCREAMS bad team. LOL

3 hours ago, Mushy said:

Crikey, don’t mince your words! 

They could be a good side with a ###### coach which is why they aren’t winning 50-0 each week. Or they could be a ###### side with a good coach which is why they are top of the table. Or am I missing something here?

From what I’ve seen they’re a fine side (and without dual registration), albeit they’re still a couple players short of a genuine SL strength side. That being said they’d probably still hold their own against at least a couple of current SL teams.

There must be a a lot of ###### teams with abysmal coaches out there then!

Leigh maybe?

43 minutes ago, PatrickB said:

Ya, a 4-0 record,  all road games,  and surrendering only 2 tries in those games, just SCREAMS bad team. LOL

A team with a rock-solid defence that has literally months to sort out their offence. I'm not worried.

Archived