Jump to content
townie88

Good Friday

Recommended Posts

Leon said it was by far our worst game of the year and that's part of the problem ....it wasn't...we've been poor since the Oldham game. How can he not see that? 

How can you have a derby match without a scrap? Maybe not a lack of effort just a lack of passion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

200 Max you pleb ūü§£

 

Wow what a dipshit ūüėā¬†¬†MODERATOR: Steady boys,let's keep it sensible please.....

 

Edited by troutmaster
silly tittle tattle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

You must be crazy we made towns fans silent and that take some doing so did u not see all the haven fans at the end of the ground? 

Yes 200 of them 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Havenfan13 said:

Wow what a dipshit ūüėā

200 in the corner of the popular side more songs than normal which was good to see but they had a lot to sing about unfortunately. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

Never seen haven oustsing town from min 1 till the end atmosphere was unreal from a massive travelling army all I can say is best side won keep fighting u will be up there end of season 

Massive travelling army !!! You are f#### deluded ūü§£

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

200 in the corner of the popular side more songs than normal which was good to see but they had a lot to sing about unfortunately. 

Aye jessie Joe's flip flops ūüôČūüôČūüôČ

  • Haha 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Nearly as much as you pal 

You won but for f***s sake stop bigging up your support . It was more vocal than normal but still considering your league position.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Havenfan13 said:

I thought well over 2k Thanks pal best luck I'm sure u will sort things out and be up there top man 

Ye looked a lot marra but probably take a few off like every club does! It's a long season hopefully we can sort ourselves out an join you soon at the top of the league but we have a lot of work to do before we get there, good luck. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hate the rec said:

Ye looked a lot marra but probably take a few off like every club does! It's a long season hopefully we can sort ourselves out an join you soon at the top of the league but we have a lot of work to do before we get there, good luck. 

Thanks bud ūüĎć

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carlisle1921 said:

I think people complaining about travellers stealing wages are way off the mark, hopkins, tickle and moi moi were 3 of our better performers in my eyes. Most of the mistakes today came feom locals who look like they were struggling with the occasion 

The decision to pick lancaster over sutton was horrendous though and questions do need to be asked of leon over that one

In my opinion no they weren't Hopkins, Tickle & Moi Moi were outplayed & out enthused all afternoon and had very little impact. A forward line of former super league players should have outplayed a very average haven pack. How can you criticise a young player on his debut when he only had the last 20 mins. Luckily other results went our way, if Haven & Hunslet are the pace setters, the standards of this league has definitely dropped.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hats of to both Jonty and Charlo today, they put a team together that will have cost a quarter of the price that Town squad cost,  the Haven players played with passion today, especially the ones that LP chased from the club last season.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we are being a little unfair on the travelling haven supporters,i agree that they all seem to have congregated at the end of the popular side but there was a good set of them in the stand and in the enclosure,but has I have said to H13 I did not think they were more than the townies.I was surprised to see quite a few people that haven't been to games of late, but they are more than welcome to come back and hopefully we can put on a better show than today.I have heard certain rumours regarding Karl (olstrum) and I certainly hope that they are not true, but it will come out eventually,and on a side note,it seems to be going around that we have the money to bring in new players, so, why is there a delay has we need them ASAP.....  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Definitely over 2000 ---but I said that when we played the Ike game...

We both said so re Ike game Sandy..........and re today i'll again be mightily puzzled if less than 2,000 is declared. As for the Haven following I do think it was more like 400 than other figures suggested. I was also impressed by the variety of songs/chants delivered by the visitors.

Although a couple of fans did seem worse off for too much alco. I did laugh (inwardly) at the Haven fan asking all the Townie early leavers if they were off the new stadium......RL can be good fun too.

Having been a Townie for too many years down the line, by that I mean time goes in too quickly, today was one of several performances by a Town team that I'd sooner get out of my system. Whitehaven yet again showed that pride and passion for their club can bring out the best from players who are not necessarily superstars. A couple who I believe were seen as well past their use by date at Town showed that not to be the case this afternoon......one was deemed not required by our coach...he put in a sterling effort to prove a point. And another angle prior to a west Cumbrian derby is as ever the Sellafield factor...too many fans , players,club staff - from both sides - are too close to each other in their work environment.....perhaps that doesn't make sense to you? (think about it).

Anyway Town need to move on from another loss, sackings are not the answer, and hopefully re-ignite this season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chrome Dome said:

We both said so re Ike game Sandy..........and re today i'll again be mightily puzzled if less than 2,000 is declared. As for the Haven following I do think it was more like 400 than other figures suggested. I was also impressed by the variety of songs/chants delivered by the visitors.

Although a couple of fans did seem worse off for too much alco. I did laugh (inwardly) at the Haven fan asking all the Townie early leavers if they were off the new stadium......RL can be good fun too.

Having been a Townie for too many years down the line, by that I mean time goes in too quickly, today was one of several performances by a Town team that I'd sooner get out of my system. Whitehaven yet again showed that pride and passion for their club can bring out the best from players who are not necessarily superstars. A couple who I believe were seen as well past their use by date at Town showed that not to be the case this afternoon......one was deemed not required by our coach...he put in a sterling effort to prove a point. And another angle prior to a west Cumbrian derby is as ever the Sellafield factor...too many fans , players,club staff - from both sides - are too close to each other in their work environment.....perhaps that doesn't make sense to you? (think about it).

Anyway Town need to move on from another loss, sackings are not the answer, and hopefully re-ignite this season.

Town will have made some good money today from the bar never waited so long for a pint in my life had to get two haha 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JMB said:

Hats of to both Jonty and Charlo today, they put a team together that will have cost a quarter of the price that Town squad cost,  the Haven players played with passion today, especially the ones that LP chased from the club last season.

Absolutely amazed the fella is still in the hot seat...

For the names that have been at the club 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JMB said:

Hats of to both Jonty and Charlo today, they put a team together that will have cost a quarter of the price that Town squad cost,  the Haven players played with passion today, especially the ones that LP chased from the club last season.

Nailed it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

Yes 200 of them 

Would have been 201 if I never done me bk in deadlifting 140 kilos in the gym this morning

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They deserved the win, We are  4 points off the promotion race we can t afford to lose any more home games.The coach and players need to watch that second half horror show again again, We controlled  the last 30 mins of the first half but fell to pieces in the second

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, town blue said:

In my opinion no they weren't Hopkins, Tickle & Moi Moi were outplayed & out enthused all afternoon and had very little impact. A forward line of former super league players should have outplayed a very average haven pack. How can you criticise a young player on his debut when he only had the last 20 mins. Luckily other results went our way, if Haven & Hunslet are the pace setters, the standards of this league has definitely dropped.

The young guy should never have debuted in a game like today's. For me it was a major error of judgement to pitch him in at the last minute. To be frank, as much as I respect Leon as a playing legend I find myself increasingly baffled by some of his coaching logic. Maybe it's true that great players don't always make great coaches - - - just saying....... ūü§Ē¬†

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to see such a big crowd on hand today Whitehaven fully deserved the win and played us at a good time with a few key players out and Penky undercooked 

We’re not where we expected to be but neither are Newcastle and Oldham this league won’t see a team be as dominant as York and Bradford were last year

The lads need a good week of training, refocus and go again nothings won in April but we need to bounce back quickly 

  • Like 3

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

Great to see such a big crowd on hand today Whitehaven fully deserved the win and played us at a good time with a few key players out and Penky undercooked 

We’re not where we expected to be but neither are Newcastle and Oldham this league won’t see a team be as dominant as York and Bradford were last year

The lads need a good week of training, refocus and go again nothings won in April but we need to bounce back quickly 

Imagine how good a game would be if both sides were at full strength 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Havenfan13 said:

Imagine how good a game would be if both sides were at full strength 

Correct mate. Congratulations on a well deserved win. Hopefully next time we get both teams close to full strength and another Big crowd

  • Like 3

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gillmeister said:

Correct mate. Congratulations on a well deserved win. Hopefully next time we get both teams close to full strength and another Big crowd

Couldn't agree more marra all the best 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gillmeister said:

Correct mate. Congratulations on a well deserved win. Hopefully next time we get both teams close to full strength and another Big crowd

If LP is still coach at the next derby game I hope he doesn't make a fool of himself by putting a stupid comment on the back page of the news & star, (Forget the derby clash emotions) the derby clash emotions won the game for Haven today, its called pride and passion.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...