15 Jun: SL: Catalans Dragons v London Broncos KO 5pm (UK Time) (TV)

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • London Broncos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/06/19 at 16:00

4 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

You can post what you like but don’t complain when your opinion is challenged. 

As someone else pointed out, your original statement was that relegation was bad because it was too exciting and took attention away from the top of the table. It is also bad because you want London in SL despite P&R being the reason they are there. The statement was ridiculous and now you’ve tried to turn it into a debate about the merits of P&R.

P&R might be a bad thing, it’s been done to death, but I guarantee you one thing. Not one single person will use the argument that it is too exciting as a reason for it being bad. 

Hope that helps.

Where have I complained that its being challenged?

And I stand by my comment that too much focus is on the race for the bottom when it should be on the race for the top

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Magic XIII said:

So you've hit the nail on the head. The suggestion no one cares is utter rubbish. I have been a ST holder for years and a Thursday night on the M25 for me sounds bonkers, but I'll give it a shot.

I said very few care. If you strip out the away fans at Ealing, very few home fans 

40 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

I get the feeling that certain Leeds fans are fearing the drop and why they are against P and R now.

The wins by HKR and the Broncos has dragged the likes of Huddersfield and Salford into the fight. We have now 5 teams that are fighting to stay up. Wheres the problem with that?

If Danny Ward doesnt get Coach of the year there is something wrong. he has taken a team expected to win the odd game and got them winning a number of games that you would never have expected them too. Its a shame the vultures (Other SL Clubs) are already signing his players. I hope London stay up and one of the Northern team even if it is Leeds, go down.

I think HKR will be the ones who are worrying, i just can’t see Leeds going down and their pts difference is a lot better than Rovers. Saints play London a week before the SF’s so that’s another two points to London’s total. 

6 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I said very few care. If you strip out the away fans at Ealing, very few home fans 

Care ? Have you not felt the passion of those faithful fans who have so wanted to be in SL for years. That's caring. The big clubs have lots of fairweather fans, we don't.

2 minutes ago, Magic XIII said:

Care ? Have you not felt the passion of those faithful fans who have so wanted to be in SL for years. That's caring. The big clubs have lots of fairweather fans, we don't.

Well, that’s the thing. I don’t see many more home fans there than in the Championship. You’d have thought there would be fairweather fans! 

30 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

And I stand by my comment that too much focus is on the race for the bottom when it should be on the race for the top

You don't make the race for the top more exciting by making the bottom less exciting

If there was no relegation this season, Saints would still be racing away with the league, but the bottom few teams would now be just coasting along and seeing out the season

How would that makes 'the race for the top' any better?

43 minutes ago, newbe said:

Its not S/L job to promote Broncos, on the plus side London is a fantastic place to live with such a diverse an cosmopolitan culture, most open minded people should embrace this.

It can be a fantastic place to live IF you are one of the fortunate ones, millions are not.

Much of London is a cesspit, it breeds segregation not integration, the differential between the haves and have nots shows its face in an ugly way every single day, crime rates are higher in most areas of recorded crime than any other UK city (If to be believed, surprisingly not for homicide however), people are exploited far more and more people are in poverty as a rate than anywhere else, particularly children. I could go on.

One of the big problems for RL players in London is the big differential in disposable income, £50k salary for a player in the M62 corridor can easily enable you to have a very decent lifestyle, £50k for a player in London won't give you anywhere near the same opportunities/lifestyle.

Sure you can have lads living together in a shared home (I don't know if the London club does this) some could even commute in from the periphery (some parts the Northern home counties can be affordable (but it's a drag to commute to Ealing and adds more time/travel costs) but it's that overall monetary decrease in money in your pocket after living costs that very much changes matters, that and the distance to families.

It will never be easy for London but they have to start somewhere and at the moment they are making a bloody good fist of things, and I disagree, it should be in part the job of SL/RFL to get as much promotion of London as possible on top of whatever the London club do. There's a lot more that the RL organisers can do and what they should have been doing 20+ years ago as well as greater support for London/Home counties/Southern counties amateur clubs.

I've said before how without support the interest in the schools (where we need to be focusing on) went from several schools - in Hertfordordshire, entering the national schools comp to not even having a RL team at all, all in a very short period of time, that was due to the drop off of our club and no longer having a development officer.

6 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

You don't make the race for the top more exciting by making the bottom less exciting

If there was no relegation this season, Saints would still be racing away with the league, but the bottom few teams would now be just coasting along and seeing out the season

More people appear to be talking about the relegation battle than they have for many years at this stage of the season because Leeds are involved and appear to be rudderless.

With Leeds involved its certainly added a bit more excitement to it IMO.

19 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

The teams that are at the bottom are also in the reckoning for the top 5, but what is the focus on?

Anyone here to talk about the rugby? I thought it was a remarkable performance. London always seem to be being outmuscled, but they find a way to cling on and create space to run into and create forward momentum. It's great to see Morgan Smith doing so well.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

7 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Anyone here to talk about the rugby?

Don't be silly. ? 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Anyone here to talk about the rugby? I thought it was a remarkable performance. London always seem to be being outmuscled, but they find a way to cling on and create space to run into and create forward momentum. It's great to see Morgan Smith doing so well.

Yes. London had more idea, more skill, more structure, much better positioning.   Passing and movement from halfbacks, through centres to wing much better than Cats, who at times did not seem to know what to do. Tomkins seemed to be very casual about things. Why let him kick at goal when he is generally not too good at it?

34 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

The teams that are at the bottom are also in the reckoning for the top 5, but what is the focus on?

All that demonstrates is a parity between the teams, which most would reckon to be a good thing. Or would you prefer it if the gap between the teams was greater?

Of course if London had crashed and burned, as everyone expected, and were stuck at the bottom on zero points, then nobody would be talking about the bottom of the table.

The question is: would more people be talking about the top? Saints would still be six points clear.

37 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

London were excellent especially abdull, Catalans however were poor, Kasiano is an excellent player but they seem to have given a give it to the big guy to create something mentality, they need to drop Matty Smith as he's not up to it anymore

14 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

All that demonstrates is a parity between the teams, which most would reckon to be a good thing. Or would you prefer it if the gap between the teams was greater?

Of course if London had crashed and burned, as everyone expected, and were stuck at the bottom on zero points, then nobody would be talking about the bottom of the table.

The question is: would more people be talking about the top? Saints would still be six points clear.

If London were dead set bottom More people would be talking about the top 5 places yes, without a doubt. Saints may be 6 points clear but they're not guaranteed to be champions

This is what makes SL a bad product. Teams like Catalan and Hull only showing up when they feel like it. What is the point of these half hearted efforts, the season needs to be shorter so that each game is more important.

44 minutes ago, ojx said:

This is what makes SL a bad product. Teams like Catalan and Hull only showing up when they feel like it. What is the point of these half hearted efforts, the season needs to be shorter so that each game is more important.

Brilliant logic. It’s too competitive so let’s think of ways to make it more predictable.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

3 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Brilliant logic. It’s too competitive so let’s think of ways to make it more predictable.

Just look at Hull and Catalan's results this season. You can't honestly tell me they are making an effort every week. That is the opposite of being competitive.

Archived