Semi details

Batley Bob

3 hours ago, Bi11 said:

I know what you mean BSJ;  but I have this contraption on the bathroom wall that throws water at me like indoor rain!.  No doubt it will be commonplace in Dewsbury sometime in the not too distant future.

I must be posh then because I’ve got one of them thing a mi bobs?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Anyway good luck to all concerned,I’ve got you down for a win,I hope so for Diskin’s sake as I think he’s really focused on this competition whilst taking his eyes ? off the league table.

I agree to a certain extent ....but.....

What does HE do IF we lose?.

What do WE do if we win...

Could be relegated either way now by taking eye off the ball. Not being negative being realistic.

BTW I am a glass 3/4 full chap.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

1 hour ago, colinb said:

I agree to a certain extent ....but.....

What does HE do IF we lose?.

What do WE do if we win...

Could be relegated either way now by taking eye off the ball. Not being negative being realistic.

BTW I am a glass 3/4 full chap.

You won't. The game at Rochdale the week after should be sufficient, presuming that you win it. Failing that then the last match of the season at Barrow could be a decider.

More likely you will score a bucketful against us at your place and Barrow will be left high and dry.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

8 hours ago, silverback said:

best get ready for a 12 month extension,cos my tealeaves showed us with a 22 -18 win. what a way to celebrate my 45th wedding anniversary..?

Congrats on your anniversary silver back. Have you told your mrs your off to the match yet. Lol

Decent team, let's hope they can do the business and we can help by making some noise...

Wembley here we come

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

45 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

That squad is well capable of beating Sheffield.

The squad is well capable of beating a few teams that we have lost to over the season. 

that's the most frustrating thing about this season. 

a damned waste in my humble opinion. 

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

we all know how this will end.

Sheffield by 18. 

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

We've nearly always had a good 17 out on the paddock that's what hurts and frustrates. Thank god 2 wingers are playing 5 and 2

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

1 hour ago, phildog said:

Is Walters barred from this game for any reason?

Yes , they have to play a minimum number of league games , but I don’t know the amount 

But just noticed leigh have all there new signings in there 19 , so I am presuming this is just for loans and dr as Reiss didn’t play in previous round 

IMG_0583.JPG

9 hours ago, il cattivo said:

The squad is well capable of beating a few teams that we have lost to over the season. 

that's the most frustrating thing about this season. 

This and this again. At every squad announcement l find myself being overly optimistic only to have my hopes dashed more often than not. 

But..  tomorrow is another day and who knows? 

7 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

Yes , they have to play a minimum number of league games , but I don’t know the amount 

But just noticed leigh have all there new signings in there 19 , so I am presuming this is just for loans and dr as Reiss didn’t play in previous round 

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/55124/signings-and-registration-deadlines-update

The third change, and the one that will take effect first, is the signing deadline for the Coral Challenge Cup and the AB Sundecks 1895 Cup.

For both competitions, that deadline will be Friday July 19 – eight days before the Coral Challenge Cup semi finals, and nine before the AB Sundecks 1895 Cup semi finals.

(The regulations surrounding players being “Cup-Tied” remain the same – a player can only play for one club in each Cup competition).

Are you sure about that BB? I'm not saying  you are wrong BTW, as I cannot really fathom the rules in the link above. The rules seem to suggest they just need to be signed by 19 July, to be eligible for the Semi Final, which I think Walters was. IT is not clear from the above, whether the 4 game rule applies for the 1895 Cup.

Could this be another case of Aston pulling in favours from his old Sheffield mates, like he did with Will Maher a couple of season back? 

You are probably right Ernie, I have it on good authority, the lads are all well up for it and will be busting a gut to win and get to Wembley.

Keeping faith in our own players is also better for morale.

Just as a side note: Does anyone know, have we ever lost in a Semi Final? 

I realise (before some of our near neighbours jump on this opportunity for a dig) we have not been involved in very many throughout our long history. I just can't think of an example, I'm not sure what stage the game we had a against Doncaster was, when Ellery Hanley was coaching them. I think it must have been a cup game of sorts as I have a feeling they were in a division below us and beat us, Bolu Fagborun was playing for us and made a howler of an error which cost us the game, but I might be getting confused with another match though.  

Archived