Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Lowdesert

Widnes fans boo TWP trophy presentation

Surprisingly, not everyone is fawning over Toronto, Maybe a section of Widnes fans included.

Although having watched the game, Toronto seemed to get the benefit of some calls, which i don't think endeared themselves to Widnes fans.

Or it may be the Widnes fans showing their displeasure of how some clubs are treated etc?

Yes it may be unsporting, but not everyone has to like the Wolfpack.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, meast said:

Surprisingly, not everyone is fawning over Toronto, Maybe a section of Widnes fans included.

Not really an excuse though is it? Neither are the decisions.

• Like 5

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”    

A good case for presentations to be made at the next home game, assuming there is one. Home fans then rewarded and able to celebrate with their team.

• Like 12

189260679_ATeam60pc.png.e5447b689881f9d6f22576f54cb1cac9.png

8 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Never said it was, I was just offering an opinion.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Yeah but people can do what they want to an extent, it's free will and all that or do we have dance to the same tune ??

Just now, Jacko45 said:

Yeah but people can do what they want to an extent, it's free will and all that or do we have dance to the same tune ??

You SHALL do what you are told in future , all dissention will be CRUSHED 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Can't have a different opinion on here it seems.

Depends if it's different to my ' facts ' 😉

49 minutes ago, meast said:

You don't need to like Toronto, you just have to show a little class.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ojx said:

Indeed , we don't want to upset all their Canadian players ? 😉

Edited by GUBRATS
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Absolutely no class there whatsover.

Its not like Widnes were in the running or have had adverse bc of Toronto (they played their reverse fixture at Newcastle).

Talk about looking like a tinpot village idiot club. Its like Leeds fans booing Rashford when he was playing for England at Elland road last year. Grow  up and have some class will you.

• Like 10

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Indeed , we don't want to upset all their Canadian players ?

Nice redirection. Is that your excuse?

5 minutes ago, ojx said:

That is so tempting to start listing clubs that are NOT in the class bracket, but I'd rather not get banned.

RESURGAM

Non solum autem Leones

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Absolutely no class there whatsover.

Its not like Widnes were in the running or have had adverse bc of Toronto (they played their reverse fixture at Newcastle).

Talk about looking like a tinpot village idiot club. Its like Leeds fans booing Rashford when he was playing for England at Elland road last year. Grow  up and have some class will you.

They'd have boo'ed Leigh , or Fev , or The Bulls just the same , just as we'd have boo'ed Widnes , does anybody really care ? 

Edited by GUBRATS

In any other sport and hopefully in RL at all other levels TWP would have been given a guard of honour by the opposition. Crowned league champions with 6? games remaining, its a mark of respect.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

They'd have boo'ed Leigh , or Fev , or The Bulls just the same , just as we'd have boo'ed Widnes , does anybody really care ? 

I don't think they would and in any case it looks ######. Would you expect Leeds fans to boo Saints if they secured the league title at Headingley? We're there to watch sport and there is respect and decorum to how we do that in this country and frankly it was something we'd hope will be swept under the carpet.

• Like 2

Just now, Tommygilf said:

I don't think they would and in any case it looks ######. Would you expect Leeds fans to boo Saints if they secured the league title at Headingley? We're there to watch sport and there is respect and decorum to how we do that in this country and frankly it was something we'd hope will be swept under the carpet.

We will see ?

Just now, GUBRATS said:

We will see ?

You'd likely be reprimanded for acting like that at a junior/Schoolboy game. At the professional level its just looks tinpot, why can't people applaud the best team in the League this year by far?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I think newcomers to the game might be surprised by the poor sportsmanship. It might put them off a second visit. Does that matter?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

It just showed what a daft idea it was not to wait and hand it over at a toronto home game. The whole thing just looked awkward and rushed. 

Absolutely, the trophy should be handed over at the next home game. If it is the last game of the season then the decision could be to have a presentation ceremony at the winning Club within a few days.

• Like 1