Knights v Fev

Fenton Knight

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/08/2019 at 07:08, spanishknight said:

Dont bring any of the idiots with you that are causing trouble, we have our own idiot, you cant miss him he has an half chewed Biro in his mouth, a coat about 30 years old and he will be listening to the match on the radio and he sill still doesn't  know what's happening.

im not responsible for anyones behaviour other than my own as we all are and i wont be causing no bother, hope this helps

?Tickets for the #RetroRound clash between 4th and 5th are available now, where victory would see the Knights confirm their place in the Betfred Championship play-offs for the first ever time!

FREE entry for ex York & @FevRovers players!

➡️ bit.ly/KnightsFev19

#WeAreYork

York v Fev poster.png

On 11/08/2019 at 20:05, gingdong said:

was a big q in the rovers shop today of fans buying tickets for next week, theres 3 coaches hoping to be dropped off at the punchbowl for 10 ish is there plenty of pubs from there 2 the ground

The Punch Bowl in Lowther St near to where Clarence St was does not open until 11am. and apart from Clarence WMC over the road near the Tory Club theres nowt else nearby unless you go back down towards town as others have pointed out. The Punch Bowl in town is a Weatherspoons and opens when dawn breaks. Make your way across town and there is loads of bars but a lot wont allow big crowds in. 

4 minutes ago, HarrogateKnights said:

Referee appointments 

YORK CITY KNIGHTS V FEATHERSTONE ROVERS 

Sunday 18th August 

Bootham Crescent | KO : 15:00

Referee T. Grant

Touch Judge 1 P. Marklove

Touch Judge 2 C. Smith

Reserve Referee J. Butcher

M Com C. Morris

Time Keeper M. Hebblethwaite

Same referee and 1 of the touch judges from last week's Toronto game!

I much prefer Bass in the centre instead of wing and likewise Salter at centre not second row. Leaves Oakes and Den on the wings.

Kelly was impressive at Barrow apart from one play where he had an overlap but went for the try and knocked on. I gather he got man of the match in Toronto too so he deserves a place in the 17. 

Porter and Hey to drop out....but then I’m not the coach with 99 York wins to my name ?

1 hour ago, paul said:

Looking at the squad for Sunday's game i can see Bass getting the center birth with Salter and with either Stock/porter/Kelly on the bench and Brad Hey missing out.

You could be right on that one , shame Cameron Scott is out injured , as He's looked class last few games , hopefully fev will experience the real York on Sunday , third time Lucky lad's.

Up the persistent kneets???

On 12/08/2019 at 15:19, White Knight said:

Bit harsh that SK - the second bit. Re the idiots causing trouble, they wouldn’t be welcome in York.

No, and they are not welcome at Featherstone either! The club has banned some and the behaviour has been much improved in the last few weeks.

8 hours ago, fevnut said:

No, and they are not welcome at Featherstone either! The club has banned some and the behaviour has been much improved in the last few weeks.

the one man supporters club called fev nut should be the next thing on the clubs banned list as well, spamming all the rovers social media sites up with utter rubbish that no one ever reads. He or she is about as welcome as the idiots banned

14 hours ago, fevnut said:

Are there also banned for away games?

Can't believe we're having this conversation about aggro and troublemakers - this is rugby league!

I was pretty shocked about Warrington and Cats but thought it was a one-off.

Decades ago I went to Post Office Road (when it still was). I stood next to two unpleasant young tearaways effing and blinding when an arm the size of a leg tapped one on the shoulder, "excuse me lads, would you mind the language, I've got the nipper with me." This was the guy that failed the audition for the incredible hulk 'cos he was too big. I could see the snarl and the expletive on the lad's lips as he spun round. Oddly enough he then thought better of it and decided he might get a better view of the match somewhere else. Perhaps these are the ones that have grown up into this present day blight on the game.

Sad times if these behaviours are creeping into the game.

WWE

On 16/08/2019 at 21:48, AB Knight said:

I much prefer Bass in the centre instead of wing and likewise Salter at centre not second row. Leaves Oakes and Den on the wings.

Kelly was impressive at Barrow apart from one play where he had an overlap but went for the try and knocked on. I gather he got man of the match in Toronto too so he deserves a place in the 17. 

Porter and Hey to drop out....but then I’m not the coach with 99 York wins to my name ?

Agree 100% AB

How do our players keep delivering performances and results like today over and over again? It looked like Fev were going to win at a canter as nothing we did was coming off and at 12-0 down I feared the worst. However the sin binning for the professional foul turned the  game our way and to go in only 10-12 down was a result. Second half we grew into the game and with the help of Fev bombing 2 or 3 tries. Horne somehow managed to ground the ball with 4 Fev players in the tackle and we went in front for the first time. The game ebbed and flowed and could have gone either way until our new centre, Porter, crashed over. Fev still hit back with a late try but our lads hung on in there to confirm their place in the playoffs. 

First 30 minutes there was only going to be one winner,but the sin binning of Chisholm turned the game on it's head and scoring the 2 trys before halftime lifted the whole ground.Second half we were the much better team and deserved to win the game,thought both wingers were outstanding and took the ball up on countless times making yards on numerous occasions.Great to see so many Fev fans at the game which made it a great atmosphere,still think there are the best team we have played this season would be nice to play them at BC in the playoffs.

Archived