Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave T

Issues with this forum

Anybody else having issues? Looks like a bit of a basic version is being shown, quotes dont tell you who they were by or when, not sure if I have knocked a setting or something.

Anyone else, or just me?

The lack of details of quotes makes detailed discussions impossible to follow tbh.

• Thanks 1

Anybody else having issues? Looks like a bit of a basic version is being shown, quotes dont tell you who they were by or when, not sure if I have knocked a setting or something.

Anyone else, or just me?

The lack of details of quotes makes detailed discussions impossible to follow tbh.

I've only looked on mobile and got these issues thus far

• Like 1

Same issues here on mobile 

• Like 1

Anyone else, or just me?

I've found it stimulating trying to ' suss out ' who's post is who's 😀

• Haha 3

Same problem with both the phone and the desktop. I also noticed that when you highlight something instead of a 'quote' sign popping up you get a weird little black symbol. Does the same thing, but no names.

I believe there is a bug in the machine somewhere.

Some may remember that in April last year there was a problem with the site and that it went off air form a few days. John Drake then announced he had fixed it and received praise from many forumites. At that time I posted the following ..... 

So, who was really to blame for this site going off air for a while ?

Wigan ?,  the RFU ?,  Workington because of losing to London Skolars ?,  etc, etc ?

They say you never miss the water until the well runs dry ... so me thinks it was a clever ploy by John so that on it's return we can all show how much we appreciate the work he does. He's never been so popular !

So, come on now John, we still think you are the best ....... so, can put it right for us now again, please ? 😉

• Haha 1

I must admit I thought it was deliberate. Site off line a little while and quotes become anonymous. I thought well that's one way to make it less personal and possibly a little less angry or nasty!

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”    

Yes, I have noticed some problems on the quoting function as well.

Edited by Dunbar

And another thing, I really like this Dunbar guy... probably the most insightful and intelligent poster I have ever come across on the whole internet.  I don't think it is an over exaggeration to say that he has completely changed my life.

I don’t know who wrote this but thanks so much

• Haha 5

I don't see a que forming to claim it🙃

• Haha 2

I think it was Yorkshire Knight.

• Haha 1

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Anyone else, or just me?

I'm

not having

any probl

Yes, I have noticed some problems on the quoting function as well.

ems

Anyone else, or just me?

w

The invisible man here

ith

I don't see a que forming to claim it🙃

it at all 😕 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Dave T said:

Anyone else, or just me?

Test

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

And fixed!

Thanks John (assuming you did something!?!?)

Re-cached the database just now, that's all.

I'm about to set off to London for the Wembley weekend in 30 minutes, so if that alone has fixed the problem, it's a ruddy miracle!! 😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Don’t think my posts need a name attached. You can just tell when it’s me😂

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

4 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

I have an issue with all the posters who live in a dream world of thirty team Super League’s with 6 conferences of five that include teams that don’t even exist. Can this be sorted out please?

Fixed. It is now back to default of northern towns (with or without train stations) playing within walking distance of everybody's house. The mines are back open and games are pay on the gate only. 

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

Fixed. It is now back to default of northern towns (with or without train stations) playing within walking distance of everybody's house. The mines are back open and games are pay on the gate only. 

But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

When are you going to fix it so we have unlimited tackles again as well as no matches on Sundays and substitutes only allowed up to half time ?