2020 Kits/Sponsors

No need at all for the stripe insert above the Hummel logo. Take that away and it's a lot better, though the whole thing could have been executed better.

Hummel love reworking old jersey designs from other brands. First Umbro, now Puma.

At least they've improved the neck opening.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

I did not like the kit from nineteen frozen stiff, and this is not much better.  But it does hark back deliberately to the era Wigan won everything 3 times over.  So we would expect Saints fans not to like it. 

I do not like clubs changing strips.  Find a good one and stick to it.

32 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Hummell Logo would have been better on the right, seem more balanced that way

HOME SHIRT 20 001.jpg

Extra space for an additional sponsor?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I'm not a fan of re-hashing these old kits, only slightly worse. Wigan did this with an Ellgren one a couple of years back too. 

I despised Wire's 2019 kit which was a re-hash of a 'meh' kit. 

I accept that having new kits each year will mean some repeats, but these Wigan kits appear to be cheap knock-off versions of the old 90's ones. 

46 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'm not a fan of re-hashing these old kits, only slightly worse. Wigan did this with an Ellgren one a couple of years back too. 

I despised Wire's 2019 kit which was a re-hash of a 'meh' kit. 

I accept that having new kits each year will mean some repeats, but these Wigan kits appear to be cheap knock-off versions of the old 90's ones. 

Wigan have had some some shockers in their recent history, none more so than these

2011-01-09-warriors-new-shirt-on-course-for-record-w795.jpg

2010-12-15-warriors-unveil-2011-away-kit-w795.jpg

Edited by Chrispmartha
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I really like this. Looks bold, no crappy little chevron like we have messed about with over the last few years,.

?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen

Looks better as a whole kit when on the player.    Not a fan of the logo but that’s a fair price to pay for a decent sponsorship.

The photos of the merchandise version don’t do it justice I guess.

Out of interest, when you say the 2019 kit was a re-hash of an old one, which year was that?   I wasn’t a fan of last years kit either BTW.   I’d really like to see a decent attempt at a white home shirt with primrose and blue detailing.   The away kit could be blue with promise and white detailing. But that’s just me! 

5 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Looks better as a whole kit when on the player.    Not a fan of the logo but that’s a fair price to pay for a decent sponsorship.

Out of interest, when you say the 2019 kit was a re-hash of an old one, which year was that?   I wasn’t a fan of last years kit either BTW.   I’d really like to see a decent attempt at a white home shirt with primrose and blue detailing.   The away kit could be blue with promise and white detailing. But that’s just me! 

1.-Stefan-Ratchford-240x300.jpg

4403467?type=responsive-gallery-fullscre

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

We do seem to have gone for blue as our main colour now, we appear to have only had a white kit once every ten years or so now. This despite white being the prominent kit during the 1980's and the one in my profile pic being used for the centenary season in 1995. Not sure if white kits sell less.

On the sponsors, I must admit to not being too bothered by them really, we've had them for decades now. It is one of the reasons I like the Wire kit however, the sponsors, whilst prominent do not take away from the boldnness of the design - it is clearly a blue kit with two yellow chevrons.