Sign in to follow this  
philipw

18-19 Oct: World Cup 9s (TV)

Perfect first set from the Kiwis.

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

CNK taps a long pass further on to Smith for the first score. Great execution.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Ball steal with two in the tackle, decision amazingly goes against the Kiwis.

• Haha 1

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

Loose tackling lets Moses through for a five-pointer.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Issako's seventh means the Kiwis strike back immediately.

Difference in the sides is the defence.

Aussies look almost impenetrable, Kiwis not as good.

Just as I post it, they're opened up again.

Just now, southwalesrabbitoh said:

How much better has the nines bn compared with the vast majority of the NRL this yr. 10-a-side with unlimited interchanged IMO, 1 referee and NO video-ref.

One one team has had 10-a-side in this tournament. :kolobok_wink:

Moses in again!

That was fun! More please.

Just now, Man of Kent said:

Nine minutes per half isn’t long enough for this one! Superb stuff!

I know the short format allows the players to go full-on with less fatigue, but I agree with you. It is over so quickly. 15 minutes a half, perhaps?

1 minute ago, Gooleboy said:

Both Finals providing excellent Rugby. Both England teams are way off the Aussies and Kiwis.

We matched the best for power, but that's missing the point of Nines. You still need muscle in the middle, unlike Sevens, but when you think of the really rapid backs who are back in the UK right now, it was an opportunity missed. If there wasn't a GB tour happening immediately after, I guess we'd have sent a different squad.

Something whiffy about that "try", no?

• Thanks 1