Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The 4 of Us

Billion pound company are new Salford Red Devil’s main sponsor

Recommended Posts

I got a job through Morson several years back. Very professional in my experience and definitely a good one to get on board.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very pleased for Salford.

It does amuse me on here however. Good news like this is lucky to receive a handful of responses but the first sign of potentially bad news receives pages of replies.Very strange.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anything that as big bucks coming into the game without toronto involved is good for everyone.:kolobok_popcorm1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, cookey said:

Very pleased for Salford.

It does amuse me on here however. Good news like this is lucky to receive a handful of responses but the first sign of potentially bad news receives pages of replies.Very strange.

Good God, your moaning about negativity is more tiresome than any negativity on here.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, well done. Good work from the corporate team at Salford, building on a great season. I didn't know who they were, looked them up on the basis of this report, now I know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Good God, your moaning about negativity is more tiresome than any negativity on here.

You should know,you are one of the main problems.Wrong time,wrong day,wrong venue etc,etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cookey said:

Very pleased for Salford.

It does amuse me on here however. Good news like this is lucky to receive a handful of responses but the first sign of potentially bad news receives pages of replies.Very strange.

British culture, read the most read news stories on every news site. 

Congrats to Salford great work. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RSN said:

British culture, read the most read news stories on every news site. 

Congrats to Salford great work. 

Agreed,see Dave T !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Scubby said:

Promising news. It is only guaranteed for 1 season by the looks of it, but promising all the same.

In many ways an ideal fit. But just remember that a figure approaching £1 billion does not mean "profit". Its profits are about £15ish million.

What is interesting is that the founder started his business from under the staircase in his own house, in 1967.  The world had changed since then.  Morson's growth mirrors the changes in employment since then. The jobs and workers that produced the fans to go to watch RL at The Willows have changed.

Morson's have grown because of the changed need of the industries they recruit for. The commercial landscape has changed and as a result there are fewer workers who wish, or are able, to go to RL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, cookey said:

You should know,you are one of the main problems.Wrong time,wrong day,wrong venue etc,etc.

Yours was the first negative voice on this good news thread.

Cant you see the irony?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salford lost their initial sponsor so did the draw for smaller sponsors. Morson came in around the GF time.

Higher profile company is good for Salford and RL. Lets hope it becomes a long partnership

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

How much are they paying? If it’s a pittance is it better than say cash converters on the St Helens shirt 

Cash Converters - the most horrendous sponsor of a team in Super League. A firm which feasts on the vunerable, the desperate, and keeps them there with their high interest buy back schemes. A disgrace.

Sadly, reflective of St Helens town centre and other northern towns in England.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, The British Lion said:

Cash Converters - the most horrendous sponsor of a team in Super League. A firm which feasts on the vunerable, the desperate, and keeps them there with their high interest buy back schemes. A disgrace.

Sadly, reflective of St Helens town centre and other northern towns in England.

Didnt they also sponsor an RU team, until they signed the Irish lad with the dodgy past and they sacked them off?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Didnt they also sponsor an RU team, until they signed the Irish lad with the dodgy past and they sacked them off?

Not a clue! Who was the supposed Irish team? Im intrigued...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The British Lion said:

Not a clue! Who was the supposed Irish team? Im intrigued...

London Irish iirc.

Bad times when Cash Convertors bin you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive always found this attitude odd.

What does it matter what the company is? Surely it’s about the value of the deal that matters. 

It seems that some fans care more about being associated with up market brands than how much those companies are doling out.

Taco Bell paying a million a year is better than Microsoft paying 200k. It makes absolutely no difference to Salford if the company is worth a trillion quid or two pence. How much they’re giving out is all that matters.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

In many ways an ideal fit. But just remember that a figure approaching £1 billion does not mean "profit". Its profits are about £15ish million.

What is interesting is that the founder started his business from under the staircase in his own house, in 1967.  The world had changed since then.  Morson's growth mirrors the changes in employment since then. The jobs and workers that produced the fans to go to watch RL at The Willows have changed.

Morson's have grown because of the changed need of the industries they recruit for. The commercial landscape has changed and as a result there are fewer workers who wish, or are able, to go to RL.

This is the stereotype RL fan and why "Big" blue chip companies seldom get involved in RL!

I am bored repeating why companies sponsor events - and it is not because people whine about paying £20 for a ticket!

Morson  is a Multi £million  company  ( based in SALFORD) with offices worldwide!  Morson is also a major sponsor of Sale Sharks  ( and Ged is a part owner of SS).  The company has a major international foot print  - based in Salford!

It depresses me than any fan of RL would whine about a company like this supporting  the sport!

Mushy peas is a far better image!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Wind Up said:

Ive always found this attitude odd.

What does it matter what the company is? Surely it’s about the value of the deal that matters. 

It seems that some fans care more about being associated with up market brands than how much those companies are doling out.

Taco Bell paying a million a year is better than Microsoft paying 200k. It makes absolutely no difference to Salford if the company is worth a trillion quid or two pence. How much they’re giving out is all that matters.

If you are only looking at a single sponsorship, and not the overall sponsorship portfolio or the impact on the brand of the company, then yes you are right that the value should be one of the more important aspects of any deal.

However you shouldn't, in my opinion and from being involved in selling Sporting Corporate sponsorship in the past, looking at the deals in purely isolation and only on dollar values can be very dangerous, especially as certain partners can help attract other partners. 

Comparing a billion dollar company against a billion dollar company with 5x difference in offering isn't a realistic scenario a club would be seeing. If your scenario was true, for most businesses you'd be able to spin a more than positive story about signing the multinational brand that is Taco Bell, and there is too much of a dollar difference.

However let's just say the scenario was one of Salford's other sponsors - Steadfast Expoy Flooring and they offered 700K versus Morson would say only offered 500K, you would seriously still look at Morson and possibly still go with that deal because:

  • Better for the Salford Brand - Recognisable company versus not recognisable, makes the club look larger, more impressive on first impression as they can attract dollars from a company like Morson. 
  • Greater opportunity for revenue from Morson - There is potential upsell in Corporate Hospitality, contract renewals, etc as they are a bigger company.
  • Opportunity to attract other larger partners - Firstly Morson's is a recruiter, so they have in's for 100's of companies, which if Salford is smart, will try and take advantage of by encouraging Morson to 'invite' these other groups to AJ Bell Stadium.  Secondly other big brands don't want to be mixed with no name brands.
  • Other Services / Promotions - Look at Dacia versus Kingstone Press Cider for England.  Both did promotions for England down under... one was only able to get on-product pushes, the other got back page of The Telegraph... 
  • Like 9

signature.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Red Willow said:

Higher profile company is good for Salford and RL. Lets hope it becomes a long partnership

I'll drink to that one Red Willow ...... Red red wine of course.

This is great news and hopefully means more in the coffers for those kind of players that make the difference, all season every season.

And I'd like a red red kit to please?

 


“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”    

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...