Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bearintown

Haven sign Jamie thackeray

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Can see Coward and Thackeray as back ups like you say, I know 1 PNG signing, not so sure about the other, and your right about the amateur signing for haven ūüĎć few amateur lads were ready to sign for town but after Rooney's U turn I believe they've changed their mind.

Also heard town could be signing one of our better players not gonna name him as I hope it's not true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, donald said:

Also heard town could be signing one of our better players not gonna name him as I hope it's not true

Ah go on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven spent a year ramming the localness of the squad down everybody’s throat and as soon as they get promoted  3 locals get binned and they bring in a 40 year old traveller. Haven fans must be gutted,

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, gillmeister said:

Thacks was immense for us so I’m loathe to talk the lad down but it’s a strange signing by Haven given his form of the last couple of seasons

Indeed , bit of banter but I liked him . He gave us something we didn’t have , got the offload going ( even when no one was ready for it ) and got stuck in . Liked a chat with the ref as well , but if he feels he’s up for it and loves it then good on him . It’s more from havens side that the question marks arise . That’s one very very hard brutal league week in week out . Look what Barra had and they sank without trace . What York did was incredible really 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Townie987 said:

Haven spent a year ramming the localness of the squad down everybody’s throat and as soon as they get promoted  3 locals get binned and they bring in a 40 year old traveller. Haven fans must be gutted,

They haven't really been binned, it's been public knowledge that Thompson and Maudling were both leaving to go back to amateur for a while now, which has been their choice and Mcgoff has retired...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

They haven't really been binned, it's been public knowledge that Thompson and Maudling were both leaving to go back to amateur for a while now, which has been their choice and Mcgoff has retired...

Only through lack of opportunity 

  • Haha 1

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, donald said:

Also heard town could be signing one of our better players not gonna name him as I hope it's not true

I believe the only haven player who they want to keep who hasnt re-signed yet is Jordan Burns who isnt happy with the offer he has received.

I'd love to have Burns at town but cant see it happening to be honest, no doubt he will have talks with town to make haven give him the offer he wants, like all locals have done for years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

Only through lack of opportunity 

Incorrect. Both played this season, and although limited, both realised they would struggle for game time at champ level 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Incorrect. Both played this season, and although limited, both realised they would struggle for game time at champ level 

They both struggled for game time in League one. Even without promotion Tomposh at least would have left in his words Charlo wants Big forwards and that’s not me 


Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

They both struggled for game time in League one. Even without promotion Tomposh at least would have left in his words Charlo wants Big forwards and that’s not me 

Big forwards then why sign a very small thackery marra make no sense 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Havenfan13 said:

Big forwards then why sign a very small thackery marra make no sense 

I think he said he’s gonna put some weight on 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Take quite a few jam sandwiches to get enough weight on mind. 

We‚Äôll have to send¬†him through to you then. Thanks for the offer ūüėČ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/10/2019 at 13:25, Carlisle1921 said:

They have had to pay the final payment of a loan back which has left them with no money for signing on fees until they get their money off the RFL, once thats been paid im sure they will make some better signings than Jamie Thackray!

To plug the gap they have been begging an ex town director to put some  money in.

I’ve also heard this regarding the ex town director

Asked him to join the board But we all know what that means 

i think Jamie would do ok in League 1 not so sure in championship but time will tell 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Newtothis said:

I’ve also heard this regarding the ex town director

Asked him to join the board But we all know what that means 

i think Jamie would do ok in League 1 not so sure in championship but time will tell 

Believe me I don't think most haven fans are doing cartwheels over this signing i can only assume he's at haven for experience and cant see him playing much 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, donald said:

Kris is signing back for haven next year need 7 or 8 props in championsip him and Thackeray will be back up behind Kelly shacks Riley and walker think we'll still need another couple to go with them. 2 more PNG players coming over know one name not sure of the other . And one big amateur signing to be confirmed shortly

 

9 hours ago, havenhater said:

Dixon?

Karl has had talks with both clubs, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cumbria RL said:

All his costing is match payments if he plays so just a squad player.

Not so long ago You said something along the lines of you will all be suprised at the quality  coming to haven if they go up. Have they not signed yet marra?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cumbria RL said:

You tell me marra probably signed the best amateur player in the county so not a bad start 

Question is though is amatuer to championship level too big a jump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, town4me said:

Question is though is amatuer to championship level too big a jump.

It's a big jump no doubt, but if introduced slowly and used in the right way then the long term benefits will far outweigh short term frustrations.

Patience from the player and fans is key 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

Big forwards then why sign a very small thackery marra make no sense 

Experience? Your other props all give you size Thacks is someone who can pass on knowledge as a former GB international 


Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gillmeister said:

Experience? Your other props all give you size Thacks is someone who can pass on knowledge as a former GB international 

Yea that's why I think he is at haven pal 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...