Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

2 Nov: Tonga International XIII v Australia KO 6.40am (UK Time) (TV)

Who will win?  

45 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Tonga International XIII
    • Australia

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/19 at 06:40

Pity I couldn’t see this but what a result. 
Maybe there's some sort of lesson the RL authorities could learn about getting other nations involved in the game? ??

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

How insecure are you? The fact that you even mentioned it even though you should be enjoying the moment shows that deep down you know the biggest game of the day is still coming up.

But seriously I’ve never seen the Aussie play so bad. Can’t let union get the spotlight huh? All in vain though 

How much of a sad loser union troll are you?

Please remind us of your argument about how Tonga are of no benefit to the international game because this wasn’t played in Tonga. We’re all ears.

Edited by Man of Kent
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

How insecure are you? The fact that you even mentioned it even though you should be enjoying the moment shows that deep down you know the biggest game of the day is still coming up.

But seriously I’ve never seen the Aussie play so bad. Can’t let union get the spotlight huh? All in vain though 

This is a RL forum where you're bound to get a lot of anti Union posting, if you don't like it it's probably better if you ignore it rather than rise to it.

Like MOK, I have absolutely no interest in the "Rugby" WC, but if it's for you then fair enough.

• Thanks 3

"Son, can you play me a memory, I'm not really sure how it goes,

but it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete, when I wore a younger man's clothes"

Can we have the four nations back now?

• Like 5

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

Just now, jannerboyuk said:

Be careful what you wish for.

At the moment there's no guarantee GB would qualify.

• Haha 1

but it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete, when I wore a younger man's clothes"

There is a World Cup in 2 years over here. Anyone who can beg borrow or steal a ticket to watch Tonga in person should do so. I had the privilege of seeing him play at first hand for the Cowboys and he has an air of wonder to him that you only see once in a generation. He is their Ellery. 

Finally, the great thing about these last 2 games is that Tonga won because they played a well structured game. There was nothing lucky or playing above themselves about it. No reason why they can’t do this over and over again. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Please remind us of your argument about how Tonga are of no benefit to the international game because this wasn’t played in Tonga. We’re all ears.

You are causing me some problems here MOK, I find myself agreeing with most of your comments ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jannerboyuk said:

Confederations Cup is the way to go. Add France and PNG to the 6 who played today and job’s a good un. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

There is a World Cup in 2 years over here. Anyone who can beg borrow or steal a ticket to watch Tonga in person should do so. I had the privilege of seeing him play at first hand for the Cowboys and he has an air of wonder to him that you only see once in a generation. He is their Ellery. 

Just to get you up to 8,001 posts, who are you talking about mate?

Edited by Old Frightful

3 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

They offer no commercial value to the game. That’s what it comes down to at the end of the day 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

You are causing me some problems here MOK, I find myself agreeing with most of your comments ?

Oh god me too.... And I agreed with Dave T tother day too.... 

WHAT HAVE I BECOME ?

3 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

This is a RL forum where you're bound to get a lot of anti Union posting, if you don't like it it's probably better if you ignore it rather than rise to it.

Like MOK, I have absolutely no interest in the "Rugby" WC, but if it's for you then fair enough.

I’ve got literally zero interest in the RU world Cup as I’m not that Jingoistic that I just support England in whatever sport but good luck to them and you cannot fault the organisation of the WC and their marketing, this is why sticking with the England brand is vital 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

No interest but yet still mention it. Funny how that works 

1 minute ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

They offer no commercial value to the game. That’s what it comes down to at the end of the day 

Are you serious?

What a great match and result .

A couple of things were really noticeable.

Australia lacking their old heads (Smith, Cronk Thurston etc etc) looked like an ordinary error strewn under pressure side. Shades of too many England/GB performances of the past. Usually they pull it off at the death, not this time though, although Tonga's lack of composure could of cost them dearly.

Lovely to see some of the Aussie bully boys, Mitchell and Klemmer spring to ming, being thrown around like rag dolls.

Also the European based Tongans looked like true class players , Lolohea in the last few months has looked like the player he promised to be in his youth.

Lastly, no matter how well coached you are unrelenting forward power is very difficult to combat.

Great to see, a positive pleasure to watch.

• Like 3

Just now, Yorkshire Knight said:

The irony in you posting that on an rl forum is astonishing..... 

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

I’ve got literally zero interest in the RU world Cup as I’m not that Jingoistic that I just support England in whatever sport but good luck to them and you cannot fault the organisation of the WC and their marketing, this is why sticking with the England brand is vital 

Im supposed to be visiting some relatives right now but Im putting it off as long as possible cos I know they will have that other sporting event on the tv and I cant bring myself to watch it. I hate yawnion and as you say, I too do not support England no matter what, I literally couldn't care less what the result is. 

• Like 2

That was Australias strongest team with maybe the exception of Keary. They got dominated in all areas and the Spine did nothing at all. Tonga forced Australia in to so many mistakes, especially Mitchell, who once again failed to stand up in the Rep arena. Australia will be hurting, but they still could have won this game if they had been more clinical with the ball in my oinion.

Tonga were exceptional especially Jennings, Hurrell and Lolaloia. They also had a Centre , in Staggs,playing with that "Leeds reject who is useless/rubbish etc" Lolaloia. Tonga dominated Australia in most  areas, but they need to be better with the execution of passes, offloads etc as they nearly threw the game away at the end. So Glad they won and Jason Taumalolo has done a great job alongside others for Tonga and the International game.

2019 has for me, been the best year for the game in decades. we have numerous WC Qualifiers played or are still to be played. We have the rise of Tonga beating GB and Australia, The WC 9s was great and we have more nation playing rugby League than ever before at Mens, Womens, whellchair and Physical disabilities level. We have the rise of Toronto who are helping promote the game to a new Audience. we have already had this weekend Scotland beating Greece in the Qualifiers and GB, NZ, Fiji, Samoa, Australia and Tonga play and we can later watch on Facebook or elsewhere Italy Spain, Italy A and Germany. All in all this for me has been Rugby Leagues best year for a long while. Lets hope the game can push on and 2020 and the future can be even better. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

If you're talking about my post as in "still mention it", how on earth could I not mention it in a reply to you with advice about your post that tells us about the "biggest game of the day" and "union spotlight"?

I suggest you read the moderating bit about nobody being allowed to mention the RUWC on this RL forum and instead of glorifying it in a reply to MOK, simply wait for his post to be deleted.

42 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Back to bed. There’s no other decent rugby on this morning ?

I just want to say on behalf of all the rugby LEAGUE fans on this forum, this was a funny comment and made us laugh. 

It will never cease to amaze me the insecurity of some union fans..... and why they spend most of their time inhabiting rugby league forums (check out the BBC HYS right now) but hey ho.... sweet dreams!

2 minutes ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Missed both league tests this morning.?Not watching yawnian either.

Can't believe Tonga have beaten Shackle Draggers ?

Hope you get to watch the Aus Tonga game it was a belter