Sign in to follow this  
Tommygilf

Ashes Tour Confirmed

17 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Bolton's stadium is superior to Wigan in pretty much every department. Capacity, accessibility, quality of facilities, corporate availability, on-site hotel, training facilities etc.

No pies though ?

5 hours ago, M j M said:

Bolton over Wigan is a puzzling one - all things being equal the DW is marginally preferable IMO. Is there an ongoing issue with the Wigan stadium owners after their hissy fit over World Cup venues?

The Kangaroos might well play at the DW in a midweek game yet anyway.

Given the proximity between Spurs' ground and Skolars, is the RL club looking to do anything like the Friday Night Lights game they host pre-Wembley?

How about a Jamaica Select XIII from the Community game against an amateur select from the nation playing the Reggae Boyz on the big stage. That could possibly be a French Federale Select or the Welsh Deagonhearts.

Even given the vagaries of the November weather, but with Nick's Caveman beers to add cheer, it could be well-attended.

What say you HMc?

Edited by Number 16

16 hours ago, roughyedspud said:

White hart lane is miles long though lol

I've walked from wood green to skolars so I googled wood green to spurs thinking its on white hart lane,it can't be far...and it's nearly a hour walk lol

So if anyone is going to the 3rd test and staying in London you need to get to Liverpool street station and go "overground" to white hart lane station and it's 200m away from the ground

Are they still on White Hart Lane?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Closest to White Hart Lane station, but also 15 minutes' walk from Northumberland Park station on the Greater Anglia line, also out of Liverpool Street.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Already got mine and the little un's for Elland Road. We laughed about buying tickets exactly a year in advance but it's good that things are organised and available. 

My ticket with my England membership was £15, hers £10.

However you look at it, that is fantastic value

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Pricey81 said:

Already got mine and the little un's for Elland Road. We laughed about buying tickets exactly a year in advance but it's good that things are organised and available. 

My ticket with my England membership was £15, hers £10.

However you look at it, that is fantastic value

Yours was £40. 

18 hours ago, M j M said:

Bolton over Wigan is a puzzling one - all things being equal the DW is marginally preferable IMO. Is there an ongoing issue with the Wigan stadium owners after their hissy fit over World Cup venues?

Did Wigan bid?

10 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Spurs?? Yeah the new stadium was built on the old one

• Thanks 1

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

On 07/11/2019 at 09:39, Jim Prendle said:

I'll definitely be there mate. Just because I have a gripe about it doesn't mean I won't turn up.

I'll be at Elland Road as well, even though it is my least favourite ground in the whole world.

Matches against Australia are some of my best RL memories, and I won't miss the chance to make some more.

Great!  I’d thought from your post you weren’t going.  Yeah some of my best memories are v Australia.  And worst...

1 hour ago, Tonka said:

Great!  I’d thought from your post you weren’t going.  Yeah some of my best memories are v Australia.  And worst...

Combine Australia with Elland Road and you have my worst memories right there! 

17 minutes ago, Cookiepuss said:

Combine Australia with Elland Road and you have my worst memories right there! 

Yep haven't England/GB lost 44-4, 46-16, 30-8, 32-0 there during their last few visits? ?  

2 hours ago, Scubby said:

Yep haven't England/GB lost 44-4, 46-16, 30-8, 32-0 there during their last few visits? ?  

Yup, but you always get a good crowd ?

8 minutes ago, M j M said:

Yup, but you always get a good crowd ?

Because we are all gullible fools, caught in a loop of fear that we may win there one day (and miss it)! ? 

Edited by Scubby

We need at least a test midseason to make the team gel, especially if there's a chance of head coach.

But even if WB stays, it'd be a disaster not playing tests until the Ashes. 

With one/two tests this midseason, we'd have seen a better team touring NZ...

• Like 1

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

7 hours ago, MatthewWoody said:

We need at least a test midseason to make the team gel, especially if there's a chance of head coach.

But even if WB stays, it'd be a disaster not playing tests until the Ashes. 

With one/two tests this midseason, we'd have seen a better team touring NZ...

I agree we need a mid season test. Are there Super League fixtures on the rep weekend when the NRL takes a break with a week off?

With half our team NRL based a mid season test needs to be down under.

I’d like to see the following mid season tests on that weekend.

New Zealand v Tonga 

Samoa v England 

PNG v Fiji

Cook Island v Lebanon 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I agree we need a mid season test. Are there Super League fixtures on the rep weekend when the NRL takes a break with a week off?

With half our team NRL based a mid season test needs to be down under.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/10282348/toronto-wolfpack-set-to-clinch-deal-for-sonny-bill-williams-this-week/

There's a bit at the end of this article about SBW saying that an England match is planned for June 21/22 and team selection will be limited to 3 players per SL team as there's a full round of SL fixtures that week. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, thirteenthman said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/10282348/toronto-wolfpack-set-to-clinch-deal-for-sonny-bill-williams-this-week/

There's a bit at the end of this article about SBW saying that an England match is planned for June 21/22 and team selection will be limited to 3 players per SL team as there's a full round of SL fixtures that week. 

And here you see how SL supports the International game ?

51 minutes ago, MatthewWoody said:

And here you see how SL supports the International game ?

Yes clubs allowing players to miss club matches and instead play in an international is supporting the international game. Its a very bizarre and twisted outlook to say it isn't. I really hope this match is scheduled for the UK and the NRL clubs allow England players to play.

• Like 1

Just now, Damien said:

Yes clubs allowing players to miss club matches and instead play in an international is supporting the international game. Its a very bizarre and twisted outlook to say it isn't. I really hope this match is scheduled for the UK and the NRL clubs allow England players to play.

It'd have been better to have a free weekend.

By the way, I don't think rl clubs give QLD and NSW coaches a limit of 3 players per club. 

1 minute ago, MatthewWoody said:

It'd have been better to have a free weekend.

By the way, I don't think rl clubs give QLD and NSW coaches a limit of 3 players per club. 

No you said And here you see how SL supports the International game

Its clear that they do, as they always have. Only those with little knowledge of the game or its history would say otherwise.

Its not even a co-ordinated international weekend. Its whatever the NRL choose to do, they do not co-ordinate their schedule with anyone.

Just now, Damien said:

No you said And here you see how SL supports the International game

Its clear that they do, as they always have. Only those with little knowledge of the game or its history would say otherwise.

Its not even a co-ordinated international weekend. Its whatever the NRL choose to do, they do not co-ordinate their schedule with anyone.

At least they reserve a weekend for tests.

The English club doesn't.

It's just stupid giving the England coach a limit per club. Come on.

If they (the SL management and the clubs) really cared, they would have reserved a weekend or two for Int football or would have given players with no limits.

Just now, MatthewWoody said:

At least they reserve a weekend for tests.

The English club doesn't.

It's just stupid giving the England coach a limit per club. Come on.

If they (the SL management and the clubs) really cared, they would have reserved a weekend or two for Int football or would have given players with no limits.

Stop being a NRL fanboy and open your eyes, its pathetic.

The English clubs don't need to. They could play France mid season as it is and win easily with 3 from each club. I'm sure the English game would love to schedule more top quality internationals mid season. We all know that wouldn't happen due to the NRL's interference like in Denver. We all know that NRL clubs wont let English players fly to England mid season even on a free weekend. You are blind to this and the realities of the situation.

This is my last reply as you seem to troll against the English game and Super League in every thread.