Prince Harry to stay on as RFL patron

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m totally mystified why much of the population has a problem with an American woman of colour, who isn’t totally silent like a traditional wife would be, being married to Harry. It’s a total mystery

The thing is that, having consorted with a brown, foreign person, even being involved with RL will be seen as a lesser crime by the tabloid/online hate-mongers. So, what's to lose? Making weirdo

A rebel man for the rebel code! I love it! He is also living a few km from my house now, so maybe I can gain favour in his court and have him pass on some instructions to Mr. Rimmer.

19 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Me neither. Anyone who's read my drivel on here and elsewhere knows my republican views.....

But the sport could hardly get a more high profile person as patron regardless of whether I think the monarchy should be voided from tonight.

You should've finished with "yawn is Rubbish!" if you really want the thread gone.

Where's the List?

"They are what we thought they were." Danny Green

The one thing I never thought would happen, RL fans turning into Daily Mail readers... the decline and fall.

47 minutes ago, Oxford said:

The one thing I never thought would happen, RL fans turning into Daily Mail readers... the decline and fall.

As far as I can recall, I've never purchased a copy of that publication....ever. I very rarely give it read time when links from that rag are posted online.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

As far as I can recall, I've never purchased a copy of that publication....ever. I very rarely give it read time when links from that rag are posted online.

You've confused read in my post with attitude in my meaning Robin. It's one of those changes in the world that make the old feel their years.

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

I don't want it gone.... I'm just surprised it's still here. The arry thread is bolted shut on the politics forum.

I  thought you were taking bets on "When" so if you needed to help it along so you didn't have to pay out I made the suggestion.

Things being bolted on the politics threads is a dog bites man story Robin.

Now confirmed that Harry will relinquish all roles, including his RFL one, and they will be reallocated to other Royals. I imagine his RFU role will be allocated to Zara Tindall, the RFL role will probably be given to an unenthusiastic William. The best that the RFL can hope for is probably Kate, as I get impression she would do best at working with the players in the Women's World Cup.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

32 minutes ago, flyingking said:

Now confirmed that Harry will relinquish all roles, including his RFL one, and they will be reallocated to other Royals. I imagine his RFU role will be allocated to Zara Tindall, the RFL role will probably be given to an unenthusiastic William. The best that the RFL can hope for is probably Kate, as I get impression she would do best at working with the players in the Women's World Cup.

Then we should probably look elsewhere for an official stand in, preferably one that will turn up. Absentee landlords are hardly the stuff dreams are made of, Petal.

37 minutes ago, flyingking said:

William too busy with the FA, the RFL role will be given to George.

Where were you last Thursday?

Just now, Mark S said:

Time for the lot of them to go. 

The dustbin of history has beckoned for a century or two, Mark.  Slimy but resilient isn't in it!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Someone with an International profile, Donald Trump is available.

He might know as much about the game as Henry Charles Albert David Mountbatten-Windsor-Markle

Edited by Bleep1673

Where were you last Thursday?

52 minutes ago, Josef K said:

What’s he going to do in Canada now ........  ?

Promote, sponsor & headline for TWP 

It seems he's had his appointments a Royal Patron cancelled. Tweet from RFL says thanks, but does not explicitly say goodbye. I'd like to see him continue as Patron, with the RFL engaging with him actively and positively and productively. Now he's not a royal, and now he's no longer RFU patron, he'd suit the republicans on here, the non-conformists on here and the rebels on here. Plus he could be of use in the US and Canada. 

• Like 3

Four legs good - two legs bad

2 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Plus he could be of use in the US and Canada. 

no chance, he's a goner... he'll be more interested in wind turbines, woke feminism, radicalised Hollywood leftism, Supporting Mark Zuckerberg while joining the Anti-Trump Movement and organic vegan lifestyle (due to the impact of eating meat on mother nature).... He'll have no room for little old rugby league.

Plus Meagan has him by the ###### and he's .."D and M'ing" with Aunty Oprah

Like I said no chance.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

no chance, he's a goner... he'll be more interested in wind turbines, woke feminism, radicalised Hollywood leftism, Supporting Mark Zuckerberg while joining the Anti-Trump Movement and organic vegan lifestyle (due to the impact of eating meat on mother nature).... He'll have no room for little old rugby league.

Plus Meagan has him by the ###### and he's .."D and M'ing" with Aunty Oprah

Like I said no chance.

You been reading the Daily Mail again? 😀😀😀

• Like 6

Four legs good - two legs bad

When I read these three (so far) pages, I discover one hell of a lot more about the posters than the thread's subject.

• Like 4

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

58 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

When I read these three (so far) pages, I discover one hell of a lot more about the posters than the thread's subject.

Me too. 
It shows me how some people will defend vain, vaccous, greedy money grabbers like Markle,  just as long as they think it’s some sort of blow against the man. It’s quite embarrassing and completely insincere.

Yes. Many, many insecurities being unwittingly exposed.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)