Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tommygilf

New Sky Rugby League Show

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

First episode of inside SL tonight at 7. 

Repeated at 10pm tonight.

  • Like 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the RL programmes on Amazon will be for Non-UK subscribers only. Shame, especially as they’ll be showing both the Documentary AND the weekly show.

Can’t get around that with the firestick on the TV so I guess I’ll have to get a proxy on the Mac and watch it in the Man Cave...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im loving it. 


Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A very good start. Looking forward to how it takes on more shape when there are weekly matches (and the build-up/aftermath) to factor into the coverage.


"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was excellent. Really modern, a nice style and some interesting content. I liked the casual stuff like the Hurrell feature watching his debut back. 

Far far better than previous studio chat shows. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pity about the Amazon showing being non-U.K.

Will have to try and catch the 10pm showing on a stream.


Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Managed to catch the hurrell interview and following piece with George Burgess. I thought the content seemed ok, but didn't think production wasn't that great to. E honest. Hopefully it can be built upon. Be interesting to see how they vary the content as the season progresses.

more worryingly, many people commenting about the show on the official RL Facebook accounts seem to think Rugby AM is overwhelmingly better!

though the amount of posts that mention Rugby AM makes me think it's a wind-up.

Edited by EastLondonMike

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

though the amount of posts that mention Rugby AM makes me think it's a wind-up.

They are good at mobilsing people to post about their show on social media, but not sure exactly how many watch it compared to Back Chat, which doesn't have loads of players tweeting about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Not bad. The Toronto guy was cringe, but not bad. It’ll be better once bedded in and they can talk about the matches.

Yes he was. It wasn't a bad show at all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Managed to catch the hurrell interview and following piece with George Burgess. I thought the content seemed ok, but didn't think production wasn't that great to. E honest. 

 

I must disagree with this part. I thought the production was great. I think there are some parts that seemed a touch odd, like looking at the other camera while talking, but that was clearly part of the stylised look. I remember thinking a few times throughout the show how beautiful a program it was, with some nice behind the scenes shots, some slow quiet moments instead of the bish bash bosh style of RL. 

I liked it a lot, and do think it will get better with more up to date content.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Shame that I will not be able to watch the program that is on sky but what is the program on Amazon called?

The press release suggests both shows available on Prime outside the UK.

The four-part documentary is called ‘We play League’.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I must disagree with this part. I thought the production was great. I think there are some parts that seemed a touch odd, like looking at the other camera while talking, but that was clearly part of the stylised look. I remember thinking a few times throughout the show how beautiful a program it was, with some nice behind the scenes shots, some slow quiet moments instead of the bish bash bosh style of RL. 

I liked it a lot, and do think it will get better with more up to date content.

Each to their own. I wasn't that impressed with what i saw.

  • Like 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoyed it, bit different, loved the high quality of the footage from training camps etc.

The Hurrell bit was great, definitely has a lot of potential to be a great segment. Gary Neville does a show where he sits with ex footballers and watches selected games they played in, plus then career highlights, while chatting through it with them. This can be that type of thing, will be awesome to do that with current and/or ex players.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Southstander13 said:

Enjoyed it, bit different, loved the high quality of the footage from training camps etc.

The Hurrell bit was great, definitely has a lot of potential to be a great segment. Gary Neville does a show where he sits with ex footballers and watches selected games they played in, plus then career highlights, while chatting through it with them. This can be that type of thing, will be awesome to do that with current and/or ex players.

I enjoyed the training segment. Whilst there was nothing ground breaking in it, I enjoyed seeing the likes of Agar behind the scenes doing their real job instead of in press conferences. I think this could be a really interesting part of the show in coming weeks.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, compared to Boots'n all it was very good - more about the rugby and less about the personalities (presenters). I thought that Lois was just going to sit quietly, without saying anything, in the George Burgess interview. But then she came alive in the Hurrel interview.

Very promising start.

(The flickering screen on the wall was a bit distracting)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished watching on catch up. Really enjoyed the features but the George Burgess presence was dragged out a little bit too much for my liking as he isn’t particularly extroverted or looked especially comfortable for such a lengthy period. Sound was a bit dodgy as were the camera shots, but a very promising start all the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Just finished watching on catch up. Really enjoyed the features but the George Burgess presence was dragged out a little bit too much for my liking as he isn’t particularly extroverted or looked especially comfortable for such a lengthy period. Sound was a bit dodgy as were the camera shots, but a very promising start all the same. 

Yep, George Burgess wasn't interesting enough for the slot he had, I agree, but I think we will see some ups and downs with guests and hopefully they will relax more into it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it was a bit slow, if you want to promote the game as exciting it should reflect that, not something at the pace of Antiques Roadshow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

I thought it was a bit slow, if you want to promote the game as exciting it should reflect that, not something at the pace of Antiques Roadshow.

Hopefully it will complement the games nicely. The 2hrs around the match is fast, more of the same probably isn't the best for a supplementary stuff. 

Obviously as ELM suggested it is all personal taste, but I liked it a lot I must admit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...