3 minutes ago, shaun mc said:

Plenty of clippers about a week or 2 ago when I was looking - Argos & Ebay. But Boots were sold out online

Should be able to buy a pair doing a grade 2 all over for £20

I went for a set that had longer combs, plus those that can graduate length around the ears

Did my own last weekend. Whilst I wouldn't pay much for the end result, its passable. The family assured me it was ok to go out on our Whatsapp video chat as I was able to show them the bits I can't see. The back is difficult though. I was conservative with it overall, and may be a bit more brave next time

Mrs Sidestep did mine last - halfway through she demanded payment of £10 otherwise I'd have to finish it off myself. No way was I paying that......

VT-Comp-Haircuts2-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don’t polish your balls with your saliva. Or anyone else’s 

• Like 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

3 minutes ago, ckn said:

Don’t polish your balls with your saliva. Or anyone else’s 

Won’t impact the Aussies and their sand paper ?

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, gingerjon said:

My sources for the fact that nobody is adding covid-19 to death certificates to artificially inflate the numbers of covid-19 deaths is reality. It's not happening.

Who said that they are?

What they are doing, is adding Covid if they think the person may have had Covid while not being 100% sure that they have had it because the person had not been tested.  

6 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Who said that they are?

What they are doing, is adding Covid if they think the person may have had Covid while not being 100% sure that they have had it because the person had not been tested.  

Yes, we agree. The ONS covid death figures are as robust as for any other cause of death in this country.

And I wasn’t replying to you but to the post you were quoted in linking to a letter saying the figures were a nonsense because doctors are too keen to assign to covid.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I guess God must be French (from BBC)……...

France's highest administrative court has ruled the government must lift a blanket ban on meetings at places of worship imposed as part of measures to combat the coronavirus, AFP reports.

The latest rules ban all gatherings in places of worship except funerals which are limited to 20 people.

The Council of State has ruled such a ban on freedom of worship caused "a damage that is serious and manifestly illegal" and is "disproportionate in nature."

It told the government to lift the ban within the next eight days.

1 hour ago, Saintslass said:

Who said that they are?

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/877302/guidance-for-doctors-completing-medical-certificates-of-cause-of-death-covid-19.pdf

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

4 hours ago, shaun mc said:

Plenty of clippers about a week or 2 ago when I was looking - Argos & Ebay. But Boots were sold out online

Should be able to buy a pair doing a grade 2 all over for £20

I went for a set that had longer combs, plus those that can graduate length around the ears

Did my own last weekend. Whilst I wouldn't pay much for the end result, its passable. The family assured me it was ok to go out on our Whatsapp video chat as I was able to show them the bits I can't see. The back is difficult though. I was conservative with it overall, and may be a bit more brave next time

Thanks Shaun. I will have a look. I think being conservative like you is sensible for my first time. 

It seems to have been a confusing day about the virus. The lockdown definitely seems a lot looser some places. 

However at work the assessment of the latest advice was that nothing has really changed.

In view of this we are still being very cautious which I think is still the best way to proceed. 

Edited by Niels

I know some people like to look at mortality rate per capita to compare countries, but I would say it has limited value.

It shows perhaps the relative stress on the health services, but as even within countries the outbreaks are often regionalised the comparison is not even.

If you were to put on my capitalist hat, you could posit that most of the victims were not economically active, so the impact on the economy would be limited.

Anyway, graph of the day:

image.png.40968e06ed024bd67001ee172054bc2e.png

*countries smaller than Luxembourg were excluded. Data up to 18/5/20.

• Like 1

Could do with a day off.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

3 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Could do with a day off.  

Populism, no more no less

A copy from a teacher friend’s Facebook page:

Imagine you have 30 kids in a room. One of them lightly dipped their hands in glitter before entering the room. How many kids will not have glitter all over them at the end of the day?

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Looking at Brazil again and comparing with the UK.

Brazil currently has 16,941 deaths (with 740 yesterday). The UK was at the same stage in mid-April when we had just passed the peak (20th April, 16,509 total deaths, 449 that day)

Brazil does not appear to be at or near its peak. It seems inevitable that Brazil will have significantly more fatalities than the UK.

image.png.a91f834359ddeabe51c4cd8ca387c8d5.png

image.png.1a3ee15d278da83d8338d4f2a58b0d73.png

*the red line is when the UK adjusted figures to include those outside hospital (5,033 on 30th April)

P.S. Don't know why I swapped the colours over. ??

Edited by Wholly Trinity

2 minutes ago, Wholly Trinity said:

Brazil does not appear to be at or near its peak. It seems inevitable that Brazil will have significantly more fatalities than the UK.

A direct failing of the government there who will not remotely care how many poor or 'weak' people die.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 hours ago, ckn said:

Imagine you have 30 kids in a room. One of them lightly dipped their hands in glitter before entering the room. How many kids will not have glitter all over them at the end of the day?

How many kids will not have glitter all over them at the end of the day?

!!!!!??

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

8 hours ago, ckn said:

Your a moderator and you are expecting us to believe you have friends? ????

• Like 2

Four legs good - two legs bad

5 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Your a moderator and you are expecting us to believe you have friends? ????

Be fair, Facebook friends aren’t like real friends

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wholly Trinity said:

Looking at Brazil again and comparing with the UK.

Brazil currently has 16,941 deaths (with 740 yesterday). The UK was at the same stage in mid-April when we had just passed the peak (20th April, 16,509 total deaths, 449 that day)

image.png.a91f834359ddeabe51c4cd8ca387c8d5.png

image.png.1a3ee15d278da83d8338d4f2a58b0d73.png

*the red line is when the UK adjusted figures to include those outside hospital (5,033 on 30th April)

P.S. Don't know why I swapped the colours over. ??

Latest results from Brazil show 1179 deaths in the last 24 hours. Even if that is a bit of an outlier following the weekend, that is a big jump and things are looking serious over there. A country with some very poor areas and a Govt. that doesn't seem to care is just going to make this worse.

This morning, I watched a live-streamed funeral for the first time, although there were technical problems. The full recording will be made available for those who had problems connecting.

He was a very young man who'd been working for us for only a few months, before catching COVID-19 while in hospital.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Not seen it covered on the TV but seeing reports from police social media ... Camber and other local beaches are apparently 'overwhelmed'.

Joy.

Reports from China that they are seeing different symptoms and longer incubation in patients in the NE of the country - virus mutating? From BBC Live:

Experts in China say the Covid-19 patients they are seeing in the north-east of the country show “different symptoms" and require “longer incubation” than those in the central city of Wuhan at the beginning of the country's outbreak. Qiu Haibo, one of the country’s top critical care doctors in the National Health Commission’s top medical team, spoke on the national CCTV-13 news channel about the fresh observations his team were making. Dr Qiu said his team were seeing new cases in north-eastern Heilongjiang and Jilin provinces had a longer incubation period, and their clinical symptoms were not typical.

They don’t have a fever, he said, but are suffering from either fatigue or a sore throat. Some have no symptoms at all. He added that the new cases appeared to be carrying the virus for much longer.

According to the national Global Times newspaper, “tests on Wuhan patients normally came back negative within a week or at most two weeks” after a patient shows symptoms.

But now, even though the cases are more curable, people appear to be carrying the virus for “longer periods”.

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

Not seen it covered on the TV but seeing reports from police social media ... Camber and other local beaches are apparently 'overwhelmed'.

Joy.

I think people decided not to go last weekend, cause everybody else would.  We'll go Wednesday when its quieter!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

9 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

How many kids will not have glitter all over them at the end of the day?

!!!!!??

the leader of the gang maybe?

• Like 1

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black