Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Fri 31 Jan-Sun 2 Feb: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, PECETTO said:

3150 tickets sold and 500 invitations for vip and rugby schools. Sorry for you To be amazed ?

But Toulouse will never get more than 1500 even in SL. ? 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At 10-10 with only about 8 minutes to go, York had six tackles starting 10 metres from the Toulouse line and didn't once try for a drop goal. Would have completely changed the dynamic of the game if they had scored. Very poor game management.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, bromleybulldog said:

At 10-10 with only about 8 minutes to go, York had six tackles starting 10 metres from the Toulouse line and didn't once try for a drop goal. Would have completely changed the dynamic of the game if they had scored. Very poor game management.

Agree with that. Toulouse are an erratic side and York nudging ahead there could have set the panic button going for the home side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Scubby said:

But Toulouse will never get more than 1500 even in SL. ? 

Toronto : 6200. Leigh : 5600. Hull KR: 4800. Catalans ( friendly) : 4700. York : 3750. Etc...       but if you prefer To say 1500 i can understand 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PECETTO said:

Toronto : 6200. Leigh : 5600. Hull KR: 4800. Catalans ( friendly) : 4700. York : 3750. Etc...       but if you prefer To say 1500 i can understand 

It was humour Pecetto ? ! Toulouse are doing great things at the moment. So much potential there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, winnyason said:

So says all Leigh fans 

The fact that Stade Toulousain want to put their weight behind Toulouse Olympique will send more flack their way for sure. Purely out of fear from those struggling SL clubs.

Whether Toulouse can get promotion however, is a totally different matter. They do wobble in crucial games and this could be their undoing this season once again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Scubby said:

The fact that Stade Toulousain want to put their weight behind Toulouse Olympique will send more flack their way for sure. Purely out of fear from those struggling SL clubs.

Whether Toulouse can get promotion however, is a totally different matter. They do wobble in crucial games and this could be their undoing this season once again.

Yeah mate them picked at 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, winnyason said:

Yeah mate them picked at 

The problem with threads about matches played abroad is that not all the posts are in English.


"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Halifax 4-0 Sheffield

Whitehaven 0 Swinton 6

Oldham 0 Widnes 4

all with around 10 mins gone.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bradford 0 London 12

Batley 6 Fev 6

Halifax 4 Sheffield 4

Oldham 0 Widnes 16

Whitehaven 0 Swinton 6

(After around 30 mins played)

Edited by JonM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Half-Times

Bradford 0 London 12

Batley 12 Fev 12

Halifax 4 Sheffield E 10

Oldham 0 Widnes 16

Whitehaven 0 Swinton 6

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FT Scores

Bradford 14 London 18 (couple of late tries for Bradford making for an exciting last few minutes.)

Batley 18 Fev 38 (Close game until Fev scored a string of tries in the final quarter)

Halifax 18 Sheffield E 17 (79th minute winner for Fax)

Oldham 6 Widnes 36 Att 1726

Whitehaven 0 Swinton 14 - a few players sinbinned late on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Championship shaping up nicely to watch via OurLeague from Spain. Next week the playoff teams are clear of eachother until the 16th when Leigh face York and Widnes face a Broncos side who Bradford pushed all the way. Curious anyone got a line on how many were at the Bradford game, if they are as competitive as that and sniffing the playoffs may help keep the numbers up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

Championship shaping up nicely to watch via OurLeague from Spain. Next week the playoff teams are clear of eachother until the 16th when Leigh face York and Widnes face a Broncos side who Bradford pushed all the way. Curious anyone got a line on how many were at the Bradford game, if they are as competitive as that and sniffing the playoffs may help keep the numbers up. 

"Over 2500" according to Bulls FB page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will take the win for the Broncos at a wet Dewsbury against a Bradford Bulls side better than some would have you believe.

Given the changes to the starting XIII things can only get better once the side gets used to playing as a unit.


?

Quote

The dominant ideas in society are always and everywhere the ideas of the ruling class. And always and everywhere they portray us as stupid, untrustworthy with bad motives. Show us respect sir. We gave you everything progressive there is. We gave you democracy. We demand some too.

 
Eddie Demsey RMT
 
Quote

There were 17.4m people who voted to leave the European Union.

"Any attempt to try to cast their vote aside, as if they didn’t mean it or didn’t understand the consequences, whereas everybody else did, is a bit of a slur on the individuals who took the time to vote, many of them for the first time

Ian Lavery - Labour party chair  - 29th March 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only one game but I think Whitehaven are in for a long season. Expected to go up there and have it tough in wet conditions with the crowd egging them on but it was really flat from the home team and Swinton were quite comfortable. They will have been targeting today as a 'must win' but it was very strange how flat it all was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dixiedean said:

"Over 2500" according to Bulls FB page.

Thanks for this.  If true could see them on a 2000 average over the season,  showing again what a tradgedy it is they cant find a sustainable home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JonM said:

FT Score: Whitehaven 0 Swinton 14 - a few players sinbinned late on.

A win is a win, thank you.

5/7 away wins

Edited by Bleep1673

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

A win is a win, thank you.

5/7 away wins

I think you'd have to have Oldham and Whitehaven as strong favourites for relegation already. 

Surprised that apparently Stalybridge's ground (where Oldham are playing this season) doesn't have media facilities, so local radio stations unable to cover games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JonM said:

I think you'd have to have Oldham and Whitehaven as strong favourites for relegation already. 

Surprised that apparently Stalybridge's ground (where Oldham are playing this season) doesn't have media facilities, so local radio stations unable to cover games.

They will have to go back to as it was in the old days, using a telephone link & patch that into the radio broadcast.


Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...