Fri 7 Feb: SL: Hull FC v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/02/20 at 19:45

Squad announced:

Hull Squad: 1. Jamie Shaul, 2. Bureta Faraimo, 3. Carlos Tuimavave, 4. Josh Griffin, 5. Adam Swift, 6. Jake Connor, 7. Marc Sneyd, 8. Scott Taylor, 9. Danny Houghton, 10. Chris Satae, 11. Josh Jones, 13. Ligi Sao, 14. Albert Kelly, 16. Jordan Johnstone, 19. Masimbaashe Matongo, 20. Brad Fash, 21. Jordan Lane, 22. Josh Bowden, 23. Andre Savelio, 24. Mahe Fonua, 33. Ratu Naulago.

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/02/2020 at 11:31, Eddie said:

I love the Hull derby (watching on TV that is), the many posters on here who seem to think Hull KR shouldn’t be in Super League For whatever reason should watch one and see if they change their mind. 

I could not agree more those posters on here who claim Hull as a ciity cannot support two Super League clubs are either trolling or have never been to the city. As an outsider, I have found the city to e one of the few RL hotbeds in the northern hemisphere. If you were ever going to have two games on Free to Air TV on is Wigan and St Helens and the other Hull FC v Hull KR

I personally do not see KR going down as they have Tony Smith as coach and having beaten a poor Leeds side FC need to win the derby to demonstrate they can back up one good result with another.

Should be a cracking game Friday.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

I think it will be a frantic 1st half and I hope the focus isn’t on agitation etc.  

Both teams will be full of confidence after last week. I was impressed with the work rate of Sao and also Jones.  Sao in particular.   If Hull can keep their cool and Connor can control the team like he did last week Hull by 18+

In the 2nd half it could be the same.

Kelly has picked up a two game ban for a dangerous throw while playing for the reserves last Saturday.

Apparently it was an innocuous tackle but Lee Radford was on the RFL Disciplinary Committee this week so that's why he received the ban.*

(*Copyright Hullfan.)

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On 04/02/2020 at 22:26, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Ultimately what you have to remember is the port has always been the port of Hull and not the port of Kingston upon Hull and seen as the city is known for the port above anything else this is probably the major factor as to why the city is known as Hull and not Kingston. 

Similar to the explanation I read or heard somewhere. The trading post on the River Hull that developed into the port was known simply by the name of the river. By the time King Edward I granted the town its royal charter the use of that name was already well established and the locals, as is their wont, simply ignored the change. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Kelly has picked up a two game ban for a dangerous throw while playing for the reserves last Saturday.

Apparently it was an innocuous tackle but Lee Radford was on the RFL Disciplinary Committee this week so that's why he received the ban.*

(*Copyright Hullfan.)

Old Frightful hasn't had her medication again

9 hours ago, MZH said:

Haha. Very true. Just telling you what they are saying. 

9 hours ago, Hullfan said:

Old Frightful hasn't had her medication again

Nurse...the screens..the screens!!!

1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Looking forward to this one and if the crowd is over 20k as was mentioned then it'll be a great spectacle! 

From what I've seen lower bowl home section is basically sold out apart from the odd single seat here and there. Sounds like away section there is a couple of blocks not on sale, ie the couple at the away end of the East stand so could be a random empty patch there so that will take off between 1-2k but the upper west is selling well, low availability across the whole tier according to ticketing website. Should be 20k, good chance of it getting towards 21k.

25 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

From what I've seen lower bowl home section is basically sold out apart from the odd single seat here and there. Sounds like away section there is a couple of blocks not on sale, ie the couple at the away end of the East stand so could be a random empty patch there so that will take off between 1-2k but the upper west is selling well, low availability across the whole tier according to ticketing website. Should be 20k, good chance of it getting towards 21k.

Great effort! Hope they're both able to wear their home shirts too - somehow adds to it for me. 

1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Great effort! Hope they're both able to wear their home shirts too - somehow adds to it for me. 

Yeah I know what you mean, always like to see any team where their traditional colours whenever possible. We do this principal and alternate jersey now as opposed to home and away with the idea of only wearing the alternate when necessary. 

7 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Yeah I know what you mean, always like to see any team where their traditional colours whenever possible. We do this principal and alternate jersey now as opposed to home and away with the idea of only wearing the alternate when necessary. 

Yep that seems to be the NRL way as well - very rarely see those sides not in their traditional colours. 

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

?

An away win bet tonight can get you odds of almost 6/1, unbelievable for a Hull derby. In recent years, I have always felt that Hull FC losses at the hands of Hull KR came about because it meant more to Rovers' players than to Hull's. After seeing the team spirit from all the Hull players at Leeds last week, I hope that any defeat tonight won't come about as a result of that.

Looking forward to it with the usual amount of trepidation.

Hull FC 22 Hull KR 18.

Archived