RL's Smallest Player XIII

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in the early Nineties, GB played PNG, the Kumuls had a winger called Kini Tani, who was five foot nothing at best. They had him marking Offiah!

Then there's Jamie Sandy, Joey Hayes and of course Rob Burrow.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

For those who don't remember Sandy, or have only memories of his time at Cas, here's his senior debut. 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Roger Millward & Rob Burrow in the halves,Keith Elwell at hooker.

Geoff Toovey and Alfie Langer are contenders for the halves too.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

'Wee' George Robinson who played for Balmain and Australia at halfback in the 1920's is the shortest player in Australian history at just 5 feet tall.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Plenty of Kumul forwards over the years who weren't tall, but squat and solid.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Dinky Stiffler.

I'd see a doctor about that, if I were you.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Dinky Stiffler.

Worst port star name ever.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

12 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I'd see a doctor about that, if I were you.

It’s like the bloke who went to the doctor saying ‘ I’ve a permanent erection what can you give me for it ?’... and the doctor says , ‘ what about 10 grand , the house and the car ‘

Trevor Gillmeister in the pack. Not big for a forward at 5 foot 10, just deadly.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Trevor Gillmeister in the pack. Not big for a forward at 5 foot 10, just deadly.

As was Steve Folkes 

Archived