Jump to content

The blink and youll miss them for your club XIII


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's my attempt for Wigan from the Super League era; FB - Michael Withers W - Jon Whittle C - Nathan McAvoy C - Liam Botham W - Dwayne West SO - Julian O'Neil SH -

The Wire saw Doc Murray's form at Wigan and thought "we MUST sign this guy!"

Geoff Tovey as coach?

Posted Images

12 hours ago, arcticchris said:

A lot of those were only ever intended to be short term desperation signings so I think it would be more fitting to include someone like Luke Davico at Prop.

I think the fact that I forgot about Luke Davico is enough proof that he should have been the 1st name on this team sheet.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 12:24, Mumby Magic said:

An adaption from a great thread on twitter by Gav Wilson, I thought Id put together my Bradford did they really play XIII

FB Phil Howlett

RW Andy Hodgson

RC Willie Tonga

LC Toa Kohe Love

LW Patrick ah Van

SO Ivan Henjak

SH Matt Orford

P Michael Hogue

H Micky Higham 

P E.Lauaki/Jamal Fakir

SR Harry Pinner

SR Adrian Morley

LF Brad Mackay

No Nick Zisti?

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrPosh said:

I know Shaun Edwards was in the Twitter thread.

I'd take Brad Mackay out. I still have fond memories of him - he was immense for one season.

Perhaps we could bring in Harvey Howard or Ryan Hudson?

Gareth Carvell too. Think I need to repick.  😦😦

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, arcticchris said:

A lot of those were only ever intended to be short term desperation signings so I think it would be more fitting to include someone like Luke Davico at Prop.

He never actually played a competitive game though so am not sure if he really fits into the did they really play criteria.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Damien said:

He never actually played a competitive game though so am not sure if he really fits into the did they really play criteria.

If he qualifies as a Wigan player, you could probably include Wendell Sailor too. 

  • Haha 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/10/2020 at 15:17, EagleEyePie said:

Here's my attempt for Wigan from the Super League era;

FB - Michael Withers

W - Jon Whittle

C - Nathan McAvoy

C - Liam Botham

W - Dwayne West

SO - Julian O'Neil

SH - Willie Peters

P - Ben Cross

H - Shane Millard

P - Wayne McDonald

SR - Tim Jonkers

SR - Oliver Wilkes

LF -  Andy Powell (former Wales RU international)

 

Bench:

Danny Hill

Larne Patrick

Jordan James

Mark Reber

18th Man : Shem Tatupu

Coach Shaun Edwards

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EagleEyePie said:

I think the fact that I forgot about Luke Davico is enough proof that he should have been the 1st name on this team sheet.

Stuart Lester in the backrow,if romours are to  be believed,Wigan signed the wrong brother.

Edited by Davo5
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's another Bradford side including Northern players.

FB Darren Moxon

RW Hugh Gumbs

RC Nick Zisti

LC Errol Johnson

LW Tame Topou

SO Neil Holding

SH Ritchie Hawkyard

P Afoa

H Aaron Smith

P Garreth Carvell

SR Phil Hepworth

SR Ryan Hudson

LF Tommy Hodgkinson

Almost a pack of hookers. Afoa played 1 game under Fox in I think the 93/94 season. Gumbs and Moxon went on to play for other clubs Moxon notably Batley.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Doc murray/will dagger

2.anthony swann

3.dean hanger

4.michael eagar

5. Nigel  vagana 

6.steve blakeley/

7.mike Ford.

8.adam forgerty

9.martin dermot

10.george mann.

11. Richie eyres

12.mike pechey

13. Mike forshaw.

 

Honourable mentions to brendan tuuta,  Simon gillies, logan and willie swann,  Chris morley, David Kidwell, Kevin Walters , Leroy rivets and Dale laughton

 

Oh Paul hulme as well, still upsets me that.

 

Edited by Barry Badrinath
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

1. Doc murray/will dagger

2.anthony swann

3.dean hanger

4.michael eagar

5. Nigel  vagana 

6.steve blakeley/

7.mike Ford.

8.adam forgerty

9.martin dermot

10.george mann.

11. Richie eyres

12.mike pechey

13. Mike forshaw.

 

Honourable mentions to brendan tuuta,  Simon gillies, logan and willie swann,  Chris morley, David Kidwell, Kevin Walters , Leroy rivets and Dale laughton

 

Oh Paul hulme as well, still upsets me that.

 

Still trying to work out which side.

  • Like 1

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Davo5 said:

Warrington

The Wire saw Doc Murray's form at Wigan and thought "we MUST sign this guy!" :kolobok_biggrin:

  • Haha 2

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Barry Badrinath said:

1. Doc murray/will dagger

2.anthony swann

3.dean hanger

4.michael eagar

5. Nigel  vagana 

6.steve blakeley/

7.mike Ford.

8.adam forgerty

9.martin dermot

10.george mann.

11. Richie eyres

12.mike pechey

13. Mike forshaw.

 

Honourable mentions to brendan tuuta,  Simon gillies, logan and willie swann,  Chris morley, David Kidwell, Kevin Walters , Leroy rivets and Dale laughton

 

Oh Paul hulme as well, still upsets me that.

 

Good shout. Only remember 3 playing for them.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...