Elite 1 Update

audois

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been watching bits of this game on and off since it started. Audience has been between 2800 and 2900 viewers each time I checked. Has anyone seen it crack 3k today at any point?

I exoect next week vs Toulouse should get a much bigger audience. 

1 minute ago, welshmagpie said:

They do indeed, but Mourgue, Maloney and Rouge are all better than one-hand bandit* Drinkwater.

*An RL colloquialism in South Wales for somebody who can only play to one side.

Yeah, understood. TBH, I don't mind halves who can only play one side. But I don't think Rouge is anywhere near as ready as Mourgue unfortunately. Still, it would be nice to think of these two holding down 6 and 7 for Catalans and France in a couple of years with no need for either Maloney or Drinkwater.

35 minutes ago, langpark said:

I have been watching bits of this game on and off since it started. Audience has been between 2800 and 2900 viewers each time I checked. Has anyone seen it crack 3k today at any point?

I exoect next week vs Toulouse should get a much bigger audience. 

Yes, towards end of first half was 3050 when I glanced at number.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

31 minutes ago, langpark said:

Excellent! 

YES and all bodes well for Monday night French footy next season on You Tube with the right promotion it can easily achieve 10000.

For Euros 1500 budget a match  one can achieve some excellent coverage, remember Premier Sports were struggling to get 5000 for Championship matches  on Sat TV.

31 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

YES and all bodes well for Monday night French footy next season on You Tube with the right promotion it can easily achieve 10000.

For Euros 1500 budget a match  one can achieve some excellent coverage, remember Premier Sports were struggling to get 5000 for Championship matches  on Sat TV.

Personally, I hate Monday night sports. I can't really explain why either. I think my mood is just so different compared to Fri, Sat, Sun. Probably because I always liked looking at the points table on Sunday night, knowing everyone had played their match that weekend, so you coukd see exactly how each team is doing. 

They should look at Friday nights, since they only ever seem to play Sat-Sun at the moment. 

9 minutes ago, langpark said:

Personally, I hate Monday night sports. I can't really explain why either. I think my mood is just so different compared to Fri, Sat, Sun. Probably because I always liked looking at the points table on Sunday night, knowing everyone had played their match that weekend, so you coukd see exactly how each team is doing. 

They should look at Friday nights, since they only ever seem to play Sat-Sun at the moment. 

Most teams in France train on a Friday. So the numbers would be less. Also even on Monday nights some  players will need time off work. Especially if the games aren't planned properly and they show Villeneuve v Avignon etc as they've a 5/6 hour bus ride to get to the Villeneuve ground. 

10 minutes ago, langpark said:

I wouldn't go as far as using the word "hate", but Monday night doesn't feel like a sports night to me either.

But if they do Fridays, they'll be up against broadcast games on Sky.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

40 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

So which French youngsters/reserve team players stood out?

Le Cam was impressive as was Cozza and Chan for me.

The two young halves Mourgue and Rouge will continue to get better and better but I’ve seen plenty of them already, not so much of the former trio.

55 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I wouldn't go as far as using the word "hate", but Monday night doesn't feel like a sports night to me either.

But if they do Fridays, they'll be up against broadcast games on Sky.

I really don't think that is an issue at all.  I have been watching the French live streams for a few years now, whenever they are on.  Non-French viewers only make up a tiny % of the audience.  Even this winter just gone by, when there was a famine of rugby league, you still only get a few dozen of us non-Frenchies tuning in.  I can tell by the comments on the video, I can also tell by the viewing numbers, which I always pay close attention to.  If two big teams are playing, the viewing numbers are up between 1000 and 1500.  If two smaller teams are playing, it's 300-400. 

I think in a month from now will be a good time to do a comparison.  When their matches are clashing directly with SL fixtures.  I am almost certain you will see very little change, if any, in these viewing figures.

47 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Most teams in France train on a Friday. So the numbers would be less. Also even on Monday nights some  players will need time off work. Especially if the games aren't planned properly and they show Villeneuve v Avignon etc as they've a 5/6 hour bus ride to get to the Villeneuve ground. 

Of course, they should only do it for teams that are nearby, that involve little travel.  Carcassonne vs Lezignan/Limoux, St Esteve vs Palau, Toulouse vs Albi... I am sure there are enough nearby teams to ensure one match per week for the Friday slot. 

31 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

Le Cam was impressive as was Cozza and Chan for me.

The two young halves Mourgue and Rouge will continue to get better and better but I’ve seen plenty of them already, not so much of the former trio.

Cozza always impresses me and strangely seems to fly under the radar when it comes to people talking him up.

Mourgue really has to be in the dragons gameday 17 for me.

16 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

Goudemand should start most weeks. He's easily good enough.

I don't see anything special about Cozza but feel free to tell me what I'm missing.

I, too, thought Goudemand did well.  Today, he reminded me of when he burst on the Dragons first team scene (or so it seemd over here) two or three years ago.

If Le Cam bulks up a bit, he will be scary! 

2 hours ago, Hvy wg said:

Goudemand should start most weeks. He's easily good enough.

I don't see anything special about Cozza but feel free to tell me what I'm missing.

Yeah I rate Goudemand but I think his best position is centre. He can be a real force there. He played well today.

As for Cozza, I rate him too. I was impressed with him in the last two seasons and just hope he can get plenty of game time this year  

Did Goudemand play more time than any other forward? It felt like McNamara wanted to see more of him here. He played at Wembley in 2018 but then had a real problem with a hand injury which kept out for a long period. I think he's got something to offer.  Le Cam is something quite different. Tallest player in the comp. If he gets a go will he be able to score tries like he did yesterday? Defence maybe his problem because he is so tall. 

Thought Vailhen did well. He always go's forward and lands on his front just like Bousquet. Joe Chan ditto. Alec's lad has just returned from long hernia injury. He will be just 19yrs old when the SL kicks off. Good build and maybe same mental as is dad. Rouge a year ago played his first senoir game at 17 yrs for Limoux. He will be 19yrs old in October. Mourgue will be 22 yrs old I think in a few months time.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

20 hours ago, langpark said:

Monday night used to work very well and I am certain will work well again.

Remember on a Monday one is not up against European football (Very Important) also Miserable Monday will become Happy Monday with local Marie support tickets for families etc .

Monday is the new Friday:)

Paul

Archived