Promotion Criteria Publicised

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the only criteria that matters is you finish top in a tier you move up to the next tier.

only if a clubs stadium is unsafe do you get that/any club to play at a different stadium.

otherwise that club(s) plays at their home stadium regardless of the capacity of the stadium). 

5 hours ago, Stuarty said:

the only criteria that matters is you finish top in a tier you move up to the next tier.

only if a clubs stadium is unsafe do you get that/any club to play at a different stadium.

otherwise that club(s) plays at their home stadium regardless of the capacity of the stadium). 

Except when there’s been a global pandemic and the season couldn’t be completed.

10 hours ago, Stuarty said:

Toronto it is then.

13 hours ago, DEANO said:

Yeah but that was a regional vote not national or m62 wide

But can Saints, Wigan, Wire and Salford have any influence, Leigh took a lot of support to nearly every venue in SL including tge yorkshire clubs and even +1500 to Catalan but to these close neighbours especially so, I have heard all the arguments on here from posters who say that away fans doesn't and shouldn't matter, but we have never heard from the people who really matter, the Owner's, Chairmen and Finance Controllers of the clubs I wonder what they would prefer, open spaces on the terraces and in the stands, punters at the bars and food stalls or would they prefer looking at voids which could be populated and having no queues for the refreshments, and in any stadium where there is a mix of fans atmosphere is generated much better for all in attendance, isn't that part if the game day expierience?

10 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

we have never heard from the people who really matter, the Owner's, Chairmen and Finance Controllers of the clubs 

Yes. We never hear from those guys.

Except when we do hear from them and when they vote.

Still, nice that they're the people who really matter.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

11 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

But can Saints, Wigan, Wire and Salford have any influence, Leigh took a lot of support to nearly every venue in SL including tge yorkshire clubs and even +1500 to Catalan but to these close neighbours especially so, I have heard all the arguments on here from posters who say that away fans doesn't and shouldn't matter, but we have never heard from the people who really matter, the Owner's, Chairmen and Finance Controllers of the clubs I wonder what they would prefer, open spaces on the terraces and in the stands, punters at the bars and food stalls or would they prefer looking at voids which could be populated and having no queues for the refreshments, and in any stadium where there is a mix of fans atmosphere is generated much better for all in attendance, isn't that part if the game day expierience?

Yes it will be who can provide most away fans and Bovril buyers to grounds.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

41 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Yes. We never hear from those guys.

Except when we do hear from them and when they vote.

Still, nice that they're the people who really matter.

I meant for the implications of their own clubs which is and always will be their primary concern irrespective of whatever other people think they should do, so yes in this matter they are the people who really matter Ginger, but I guess you were already aware of what I was implying, it's not like you to twist it🙄

10 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

No I don't think it will be,

Mornin' 'arry!

Bit of insider knowledge, double bluff or haven't got a clue but wanted to post a reply to my favourite poster?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

11 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

PS London would be in a far worse state but for the visiting fans.

The difference between survival or not for London has everything to with David Hughes’s patience and nothing to do with anything else.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

21 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

PS London would be in a far worse state but for the visiting fans.

By how much Harry, given the scale of investment put into that club by the owner? A very small proportion I would hazard.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

20 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

By how much Harry, given the scale of investment put into that club by the owner? A very small proportion I would hazard.

Don't know johnny, but can anyone be confident except Mr Hughes that without visitng fans if it was still comfortable for Mr Hughes to invest. 

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Don't know johnny, but can anyone be confident except Mr Hughes that without visitng fans if it was still comfortable for Mr Hughes to invest. 

Let's hope there's lots more to come.

11 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

They could do all those things Harry and come up with another club, Bradford.

Again Leigh's critical problem/opportunity in this process is that they are reasonably strong across the board, but have no USP or individual aspect they are better at than all other applicants.

Archived