Paul McShane...

Is this correct?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Son, can you play me a memory, I'm not really sure how it goes,

but it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete, when I wore a younger man's clothes"

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done to Paul McShane, a quality player.

Well done Macca. Lovely to see the meltdown. 

I don’t have a problem with it really . He’s ultra consistent at a high level of performance and pivotal to his side . Whenever I see Cas he’s a standout 

• Like 1

but it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete, when I wore a younger man's clothes"

11 minutes ago, Sinning saint said:

Macshane man of steel and kendall best ref for the grand final.... did the clocks stop on april 1st at redhall?

5 minutes ago, Sinning saint said:

Believe alex Murphy is about to get young player award 

I'm really glad you've joined the forum, such insightful and valuable input. Anything else constructive you wish to add?

1 minute ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Well the pattern has been set, every 3 years a Cas player is supposed to win Man of Steel. 

Rangi Chase 2011

Daryl Clark 2014

Luke Gale 2017

Paul McShane 2020

Gareth Ellis 2023

• Haha 1

they come swinging round that corner, they think they're benny goodman

17 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

The Man of Steel voting system is more of a joke than the voting for the twelfth team in Super League. 

So things haven't improved since the year Roby won it when everyone else knew it was really Trent Barrett, now that was a joke.

• Confused 1
5 minutes ago, 7723 said:

McShane is a good player but for me, the other 4 nominees have been more influential for there teams.

He is in a position where he is going to be involved and influential.  However not influential enough given their league position.   French can be devastating where put in an opportunity... and his latent ability means opponents have to watch and adapt to him.   

All good nominees, I'd have gone for Farrell, but in a normal season ... Hastings inevitably started slowly at Wigan, but as the season panned out he might have won it back to back.

And lets be fair, I know he got bad raps for playing for GB, but Coote has been solid, consistent, dangerous and kicked goals. He must have picked up points on the way, and the whole season is what counts 

• Like 2

He certainly puts a mighty shift in every time he takes the field for Cas.

He's one of those players you tend to build up an intense dislike for as an opposition fan.

All of which would go along to suggest he's probably a worthy winner.

• Like 2

Just now, Rupert Prince said:

He is in a position where he is going to be involved and influential.  However not influential enough given their league position.   

What in God's name has that got to do with anything?

If a player is hugely influential in every game he takes the park for his team, what does it matter who he plays for.

• Like 1