Favourite RL cliches........

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

It’s usually about 2.5 seconds into a post match interview before “all credit to the boys” comes out. 

LMS lasting five seconds before having to apologise for "****ing sweaing, **** I'm sorry ...."

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Paul Vautin " The bloke must have spiders on him"

Andrew Johns cliches about Cam Smith: "It`s like he`s watching the game from above" and " he`s always thinking two or three sets ahead" and of course " He`s got a very high Rugby League IQ".

2 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

hes going for the line - its thrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I always remember listening to Ray commentating on Widnes v Wigan once on Radio Merseyside.

It was late on, the scores were tied and there was a loose ball.

Ray said "He's picked it up, he's clear, he's going for the line, he's thrrrrrr!" 

Gave absolutely no indication of which team, never mind player, had scored until the goalkicker stepped up.

"Well Coach, what are your thoughts about your player who got sent off for what some are saying is the dirtiest action in the history of the game ?"

" I was distracted and didn't see it"

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Ray French - ''Well we have to ask ourselves do we really want that kind of behaviour in our game?''

(No penalty awarded) 

''Well it looks as if we do!'' 

Archived