Hastings desperate to leave Wigan

Hastings is simply letting clubs know he is available. He will give his all for whatever club he signed for. At Salford we knew he was off but did that affect the way he played against his next employer, no. Has he played well at Wigan ?

I have a lot of time for him, he is a young man who was very troubled when he arrived in England, he has had his struggles with mental health but he has grown up in the last 3 years.

This is just someone stirring things up.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Sir Kevin is obviously upset that everyone thinks Leeds are stupid to waste money on Eastmond, so he attempts to rubbish Hastings.

A few other sad people take an opportunity to kick in as well.

Wigan know Hastings is leaving at the end of the season.  I'm sure Leeds would like him next year, they'd need a half back.

It’s a direct quote from Hastings to a journalist 

3 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Where do we cross the line between ambitious and greedy? Hastings has done it at Salford, firstly keeping them in Super League and then, unbelievably, leading them to a Grand Final, he’s then gone on to Wigan, where he helped them win the minor premiership before losing a Grand Final. Why shouldn’t he or any other player in Super League have ambitions to play in the best Rugby League competition on the planet?

If Hastings doesn’t return to Wigan, I’ll be happy because I’m a Saints fan and he’s a key player. However, Super League will be worse off for his absence. 

I completely agree, although if a player has signed a contract they should honour it, saying that Hastings may well have a early release clause for a move to an NRL club.

47 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I completely agree, although if a player has signed a contract they should honour it, saying that Hastings may well have a early release clause for a move to an NRL club.

Or he may not have.

Just let you worry about Leeds' nr6 next season and I'll worry about Wigan's.  

I like Hastings' attitude and the way he plays the game - he's a proper RL player. His lack of speed is the only thing stopping him being a great player.  I don't think he'll have NRL teams falling over themselves to sign him, but in the right team with a running halfback alongside him he could do a good job.

12 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Do you “definitely” know he’s not going to honour his contract ?

32 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I didn’t say he wasn’t going to honour his contract, just that players should, however 2 weeks out from the start of the season he’s still in Australia.

Why are you, a blinkered Leeds fanatic, so interested in Wigan and its players. Jealousy is not a good look when combined with the white rose. 

I wouldn't be happy if I was a Wigan fan really with Hastings. Seems like first he never wanted to be there and now that he can't wait to leave. I know these are somewhat understandable sentiments in their own context, but its done little to endear him to Wigan fans.

Lets not also forget that these "I'm an Australian" quotes come from Great Britain International Jackson Hastings too.

10 minutes ago, JohnM said:

It's just that is have thought you'd focus on the growing problems at your club. 

Exclusively? To the detriment of everything else? That is seriously your debating position here?

I don't know the truth but if he wants to leave early then the club should just let him. I don't like these will he, won't he sagas, particularly when its only a player that has been here for a year. No player is bigger than the club.

7 minutes ago, Damien said:

I don't know the truth but if he wants to leave early then the club should just let him. I don't like these will he, won't he sagas, particularly when its only a player that has been here for a year. No player is bigger than the club.

And don't give in to blackmail.

can't blame any player for wanting to prove themselves in the nrl but a bit like rangi chase once coaches have worked him out it's game over 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Archived